Previous   Next

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on August 10, 2009

Browse the archives

“I would go to Italy, because it’s where my grandmother is from, and I have never been there.”

“Disney World, because you get to do fun stuff.”

“I’d really like to go to Europe, because I’ve never been there. There’s so many fascinating things there.”

“Right now, I’d probably say Italy, because I’ve never been there. There’s lots of history there. I’d go just to try out the native foods.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 4 months ago

Obviously a 'trick' question planted in the Journal World by Mrs Roe. I decline answering, as I might end up duct taped to the roof of the car and traveling against my will.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

Nevada (the town, not the state) is lovely this time of year.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

autie, the world's largest hand dug well is a heck of a thing. No trip to Greensburg is complete until you've seen the well.

canyon_wren 5 years, 4 months ago

I finally made a trip to Scotland, which was tops on my list--though my time there was brief and I want to go back, and also to go to Wales--but I think Italy would be my first choice at this point. I also would like to see Greece and I understand Turkey is really beautiful. There are lots of places in this country I still want to visit as well, and I would like to take that train trip across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver.

grammaddy 5 years, 4 months ago

Paris, France to meet the daughter I gave up at birth. And her daughters,(my grandaughters).

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

To spend time on a sailing ship like the Surprise, one that is built strictly according to specs from that time (1793-1815) and everyone would dress and eat like that time.

canyon_wren 5 years, 4 months ago

I guess the Orient Express doesn't run anymore, does it? That would be one of my choices. And, even though I live in southeast Utah where many people come to see the extraordinary scenery, I still get homesick for Kansas andhope sometime to take an extended trip to see parts of it that I haven't seen before--mostly the southcentral and southeastern part of the state.

I see there is a severe thunderstorm watch for the Lawrence area today, I wish I were there--I miss those and the way the sky gets all yellow-green and the air becomes absolutely still before the storm. (I also miss the sassy bluejays and the cardinals--I guess a person can't have everything!)

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

Hawaii is on my list of places to go. I've visited the other 49 states, I'd like to complete the set.

trinity 5 years, 4 months ago

i'd love to go to the northernmost part of Maine, where my mama is from.

Aisling 5 years, 4 months ago

I'd love to see Cuba and the Middle East (obviously not at this time). I'm going to Ireland next weekend so I have that to look forward to and I'd love to go back to Greece and Turkey

oldvet 5 years, 4 months ago

Back to southern France, sit in the shade in the garden, drink cool rose from the local cave, eat the best bread, olives and cheese in the world, and read good books...