Previous   Next

What is your favorite fair food?

Asked at Douglas County 4-H Fairgrounds, 2120 Harper St. on August 5, 2009

Browse the archives

“Good old hamburger with everything on it.”

“The taco salad. That’s one of the healthiest foods they’ve got here at the fair.”

“Probably the curly fries with ketchup and salt.”

“The pork burgers with BBQ sauce.”

Comments

roger_o_thornhill 5 years, 4 months ago

Tomorrow's question: Who is your favorite mediocre president? Oh, did I get the meaning of "fair" wrong?

Seriously though, all fair food is gross! Funnel cakes? Yuck! Cotton Candy? Just give me some insulin now! Corn dogs? Well, I didn't need that colon anyways!

trinity 5 years, 4 months ago

mmmm, fair food! loves me some curly fries, bloomin' onions, and also funnel cake! but i always pass around the goodies&therefore have only a little bit-my friends/family gladly save me from myself&overdoing it! overbrook fair's food vendors rock.

spammer89 5 years, 4 months ago

Funnel cake and foot long corn dogs can't get any better.

Mary Darst 5 years, 4 months ago

I guess the fav corn dog probably wins. It is usually the first thing we eat. After that chili cheese fries. Mr. Charlie like the turkey legs. He likes to try new things. One year he ate a pig ear sandwich. NASTY.

Kevin Sontag 5 years, 4 months ago

"See, Marge? I told you they could deep-fry my shirt!"

"I didn't say 'They couldn't', I said 'You shouldn't!"

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

I'll worry about my colon and other punctuation marks the other 364 days of the year. Bring on the sausage onna stick!

hail2oldku 5 years, 4 months ago

Has anyone thought about what's gonna happen when the homeless people combine with the carnies during fair week with the shelter located out there? Talk about not a pretty sight.................

beatrice 5 years, 4 months ago

Taco salad can be considered healthy? Please! Beef swimmng in grease, ton of iceburg lettuce that has zero nutritional value, ton of cheese, and I'll bet it even comes in one of those deep-fried tortilla bowls. Likely around 750 calories. Healthy? Don't kid yourself. Just go for the corn dog already. Likely half the calories and much tastier.

cj123 5 years, 4 months ago

Funnel cakes! I hear fairs have fried candy bars now! I wonder they are good?

johnadavies 5 years, 4 months ago

Do they offer deep-fat fried Twinkies and Snickers? I don't want to eat them; I'd just like to see someone else do it!