Previous   Next

Do you like to cook?

Asked at Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center, 727 Ky. on August 3, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yeah — dessert, pies and cookies.”

“I love to cook pasta.”

“I like to cook nachos. I’m pretty good.”

“Not really. I don’t like to burn myself.”

“Yes. I like to cook triple-berry pie.”

“Yeah — French toast.”

Comments

hitme 4 years, 8 months ago

"fat is broken down and turned into protein digestively"

That must be a new science - just discovered. Funny stuff!

Waddetreeusconsumers 4 years, 8 months ago

Steam grilling is really healthy along with biotanical herbs that help your body use less waste to make you feel not hungry again I steam beef grill with saw pamento this helps with your digestive system; fat is readily broken down and turned into protein digestively. .

smitty 4 years, 8 months ago

Cooking (healthy meals) for one or two has never been easier.

Prepared salads complemented with seasonal garden goodies, fresh or frozen veggies, sauces/marinades/mustard/etc, perhaps nice sweet micro zapped sweet potato, (rice/pasta prepared in batches for the week) to the side, a fix of fresh herbs from the garden, wok or George Foreman grilled salmon, steak, steak, chicken breast, fresh veggies, etc. Between the micro wave and the GF grill it never takes but 10-20 minutes total to have the best meal in town including cutting the herbs in the garden. No garden, farmers market or Checkers produce section. Inexpensive, too.

Low fat, low salt, low carbs, high flavor and appeal.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

I hate to cook. Hate it totally. I eat sandwiches, cereal and whatever I can put in the microwave which I think is one of the greatest inventions ever.

farfle 4 years, 8 months ago

“I love to cook pasta.”

Boil water, put pasta in, turn off water, wait, drain.

schula 4 years, 8 months ago

I like to cook, too. Since I live by myself, I find it that I don't cook as much as I would like. I usually eat something easy like scrambled eggs or mac & cheese.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 8 months ago

Absolutely, but the clean up isn't so fun. Whatever happened to licking the platter clean?

I enjoy trying new recipes, making up my own dishes, and taking take to bake old favorites such as cinnamon rolls and breads.

cornbread beats out biscuits, however! ;)

canyon_wren 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I really love to cook, but don't do it as much as I would like, since I am by myself, though my daughter and son-in-law are nearby and come over for Sunday Dinners once in a while. I never get tired of reading recipe books and just need to get around to planning more menus. I have been making pies, in particular, for over 50 years--one Thanksgiving we had 11 pies for only 6 people!

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

Does opening a package & putting it into the microwave count?

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Sure, cooking is a rip. Plus it is always nice when the folks eat everything up and apparently like it...makes me feel like I did something right.

logrithmic 4 years, 8 months ago

I enjoy cooking for myself. It's a bit more difficult when friends are over, especially if they are hungry. Prepping in advance helps take the stress off.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes. It is a requirement if I want to eat.

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

Breakfast only. Pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy. Sometimes from mixes but best when from scratch. Eggs fried, poached, scrambled or omelet. bacon, sausage, ham. Hot black coffee and fresh squeezed, ice cold orange juice. All 'old school' breakfast items, but hard to beat.

'scuse me, I'm headin' for the kitchen.