Previous   Next

Do you find it difficult to concentrate late in the school year?

Asked at Central Junior High School tennis tournament on April 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, because I want to get out of Central right now.”

“Yes, because I get in the mood for summer, and I’m just not focused in school as well.”

“Yes, because I really don’t get that much sleep during the school year.”

“Yes, because you know summer’s around the corner.”

“A little bit, because I can’t wait ’til school’s out. It’s always fun during the summer.”

“Yeah, kind of, because you get anxious for summer.”

Comments

youngjayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

I'm curious ... were any girls interviewed?

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

So yeah, Bobby told Sally that Ronnie was thinking about asking Casey, but Casey actually was looking for Al, and so no one's really. . . . wait, what?

Mary Darst 6 years, 2 months ago

Ok, yes, it's harder to concentrate. With only 20 days left, I hope there will be something left to rebuild on.

applejuice 6 years, 2 months ago

Some of these students look like they are in 5th grade. And the one at the top is going off to high school next year? They just look so young.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

"They just look so young."

I thought the same thing.... then my daughter explained that maybe I'm just getting old... she may have something..... who knows...but I am staying in denial.

Mary Darst 6 years, 2 months ago

Multi..They are only funny the first 3 weeks, then watch out. Hold on to your mind. It's been a h#$$ of a year.

coolmom 6 years, 2 months ago

i look forward to a little break in the summer as well and i think those boys were hysterical but i did notice right off that there were no girls. it looked like pe or sports maybe the girls didnt want to be potographed sweaty? or maybe they got the boys messing around on the outskirts?

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

coolmom- I think boys are shamarter, and that is the reason for everything... (just kidding)

Music_Girl 6 years, 2 months ago

I find it harder to focus with lack of sleep regardless of the time of year...I like school so time of year doesn't bother me...it's when I have no sleep, and no coffee, and cranky clients...gr!

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 2 months ago

My granddaughter is about to graduate from KU and she is getting antsy. She has worked and studied so hard for sixteen years, and is going to be getting a masters. So those kids have a lot ahead of them. When I was there age, summer was for playing and just being kids. I am glad we didn't have organized activities to save us from ourselves. But, I remember those last days that seemed to go on forever. Memorial Day was a huge event, with lots of good food, and the family gathered in Paola, Kansas where most of our family is buried. I would get a new dress and shoes for the day and get my hair done at the salon. I am about to write my bio here. Sorry, totally lost track of -whatever-