Previous   Next

Do you find it difficult to concentrate late in the school year?

Asked at Central Junior High School tennis tournament on April 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, because I want to get out of Central right now.”

“Yes, because I get in the mood for summer, and I’m just not focused in school as well.”

“Yes, because I really don’t get that much sleep during the school year.”

“Yes, because you know summer’s around the corner.”

“A little bit, because I can’t wait ’til school’s out. It’s always fun during the summer.”

“Yeah, kind of, because you get anxious for summer.”

Comments

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

uuhh..I'm back. What was the assignment?

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

charliej- I feel for ya. I think, with all the struggles the families are now facing of how the 'domino effect' must be in the school rooms for the teachers. The parents are frustrated, the kids get the vibes, more yelling at home, and they kids can't backlash at their parents, so they bring it to the class room to the teachers, the kids, more bullying, more sass. More kicking the cat. I imagine there will be more 'non gang' neighborhood kid violence this summer too. More frustrated bored vandalism. Those blue masks are really going to tick them off come mid May.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 11 months ago

My granddaughter is about to graduate from KU and she is getting antsy. She has worked and studied so hard for sixteen years, and is going to be getting a masters. So those kids have a lot ahead of them. When I was there age, summer was for playing and just being kids. I am glad we didn't have organized activities to save us from ourselves. But, I remember those last days that seemed to go on forever. Memorial Day was a huge event, with lots of good food, and the family gathered in Paola, Kansas where most of our family is buried. I would get a new dress and shoes for the day and get my hair done at the salon. I am about to write my bio here. Sorry, totally lost track of -whatever-

Music_Girl 4 years, 11 months ago

I find it harder to focus with lack of sleep regardless of the time of year...I like school so time of year doesn't bother me...it's when I have no sleep, and no coffee, and cranky clients...gr!

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

My problem was at the beginning of the year. Nine months of this! noooooooooo

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

coolmom- I think boys are shamarter, and that is the reason for everything... (just kidding)

coolmom 4 years, 11 months ago

i look forward to a little break in the summer as well and i think those boys were hysterical but i did notice right off that there were no girls. it looked like pe or sports maybe the girls didnt want to be potographed sweaty? or maybe they got the boys messing around on the outskirts?

Mary Darst 4 years, 11 months ago

Multi..They are only funny the first 3 weeks, then watch out. Hold on to your mind. It's been a h#$$ of a year.

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

"They just look so young."

I thought the same thing.... then my daughter explained that maybe I'm just getting old... she may have something..... who knows...but I am staying in denial.

Pywacket 4 years, 11 months ago

School? Who can concentrate on work? Why, just the other day at the office I kept getting distracted by looking outside and seeing--

oh, look, it's raining again. Good day to...

Dag, I could use some breakfast.. Any suggestions for a good omelet or um....

That laundry isn't gonna fold itself. I'd better get that done before...

What was the question again?

applejuice 4 years, 11 months ago

Some of these students look like they are in 5th grade. And the one at the top is going off to high school next year? They just look so young.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Is anyone else laughing at seeing those ornery faces this morning? How does a junior high teacher keep a straight face? Or their sanity? And what is worse, there were four boys when I first read it and now there are six. OMG, they're multiplying! Run, Run for your lives!

Mary Darst 4 years, 11 months ago

Ok, yes, it's harder to concentrate. With only 20 days left, I hope there will be something left to rebuild on.

2fat4u 4 years, 11 months ago

Tha'ts when its time to start skippin school once a week to keep youre sanity. Kids should only have to go put up with school 4 days a week, same with working. Tha'ts the way the does it in Mexico and Europe, and there smarter.

jonas_opines 4 years, 11 months ago

So yeah, Bobby told Sally that Ronnie was thinking about asking Casey, but Casey actually was looking for Al, and so no one's really. . . . wait, what?

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

I"m up!! Leave me alone. Go away. I told you I was UP!!

youngjayhawk 4 years, 11 months ago

I'm curious ... were any girls interviewed?