Previous   Next

Which is more frustrating, being stuck behind a street sweeper or a snow plow?

Asked at Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on April 23, 2009

Browse the archives

“Most definitely a snow plow because you can’t see anything and you have no idea how long you’re going to be behind that snow plow.”

“A snow plow because you have to turn on your windshield wipers.”

“Neither, I appreciate they’re doing their job.”

“A snow plow because of the debris and all the snow coming off the snow plow.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 7 months ago

depends on if my third cousin twice removed is trying to run from the law for hiding his meth in a couch his girl friend gave away.............

RoeDapple 5 years, 7 months ago

Or option #3

Huge farm machinery with large sharp steel discs and pointy springy things sticking out that look like they will shred your vehicle and all occupants if you try to pass. Traveling at 3 mph down a two lane, hilly highway with no place to pass except blind right curves in the road. In the middle of the night. In the rain. On New Years Eve. With your pregnant wife having contractions every two minutes in the back. Of your pick-up. With her boy friend. Drunk.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 7 months ago

When I am stuck in front of the snow plow

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

When I'm on my way to get a Klondike Bar, any delay is unbearable.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

Snow plow. Only because while (most of the time) I'm more than content to follow the snow plow, most of the people behind me are in such a big hurry they try to pass in the uncleared passing lane. I'm always worried they're going to lose control and hit me.

AjiDeGallina 5 years, 7 months ago

I can not tell you how many times I was stuck behind a snowplow and watched all these morons pass us and I stayed behind the plow only to see the people speeding in the snow off in the ditch just a bit up the road.

unless they were elderly or with children, I would generally just thumb my nose at them as I passed them slow and steady on a plowed road.

Ceallach 5 years, 7 months ago

Can't answer, trying to decide is too frustrating.

RonBurgandy 5 years, 7 months ago

Snow plow because when they are dropping salt and/or sand it is hitting my car like crazy.

But I am glad they are there.

jonas_opines 5 years, 7 months ago

Having been stuck behind many different vehicles at one point or another, it's safe to say that septagenarians or above in big cars are the most frustrating. There's a reason for street sweepers or snow plows.

smiles 5 years, 7 months ago

the T when they have to unload a bike or a tractor

sgtwolverine 5 years, 7 months ago

I concur with the two commenters who said it's most frustrating being stuck behind drivers who are too old to drive. Sweepers and plows need to be there; elderly drivers don't.

gphawk89 5 years, 7 months ago

Neither. Being stuck behind a school bus that stops at every block and waits for kids (that should already be at the bus stop) to show up is more annoying.

George_Braziller 5 years, 7 months ago

The worst is being stuck behind a "timid turner" at a stop sign who won't enter the intersection if they see a vehicle anywhere. Spent five minutes one time at a stop sign because the woman ahead of me wouldn't turn even though the nearest car was a block away.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

Better behind the plow than at its bow and, as for the sweeper better patient than swept away like the gutter sleeper

Music_Girl 5 years, 7 months ago

street sweepers...do they even do anything really?

classclown 5 years, 7 months ago

George_Braziller (Anonymous) says…

The worst is being stuck behind a “timid turner” at a stop sign who won't enter the intersection if they see a vehicle anywhere. Spent five minutes one time at a stop sign because the woman ahead of me wouldn't turn even though the nearest car was a block away.

=================================

I know how you feel. Especially when after a few minutes, they start to go but then stop suddenly because they see a car coming off in the horizon.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 7 months ago

Wow ... I think France's most prosperous industry is the striking industry. Isn't somebody else on strike every month or two?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

just wanted to let you all know, a few days ago "Ocean" aka Sven tried very hard to out me in four different posts. he thinks he knows my name.

RoeDapple 5 years, 7 months ago

1.Street sweeper

2.Snow plow

3.Farm machinery

(But you did make me look!)

George_Braziller 5 years, 7 months ago

You say "not very bright" and you're posting something like this?

"if you were aware of this, please don't worry. he's not very bright and he's got the wrong name! but that did apparently get him disappeareded! so, it did bring some benefit!"

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

george george george, "disappeareded is a special term coined here by ljworld users. I'm sure others can share some of the other new terms with you for your education!

gsxr600 5 years, 7 months ago

Snow plow of course. It goes faster and actually serves a meaningful purpose!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

ditto, "WATB?"

okay, a snow plow, but driven by The-Original-Bob, while he's posting comments on OTS! I figger, if you're driving a: snow plow; tractor; trashtruck; etc., its okay if you're texting/e-mailing/posting while driving since you've got the biggest, slowest, vehicle on the road!

papermanschoice 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh darling when did you get internet and how did you afford it? Are you at Larry's house or did he die from his cancer yet? Are you still livin in that one room detached garage on that back road I found you in last time I came down there lookin for you? I had no idea it was you until you wrote that about driving the lawnmover. How are you? I was just writing about our little incident in the bedroom. I didn't tell them about anything else. We never got to discuss it when I saw you after the tornado tore up Optima, but am I part of the reason you and your wife got a divorce? Or was it your general out of town misbehaviour in Amarillo that got you in trouble? I know when we were at that family picnic and that one young woman had a toddler that had bow legs, and someone said you had bow legs were you the babies daddy and you laughed and stood up to show off your bowed legs, and even your wife was in on the fun I wondered myself as it had blue eyes just like yours too. I saw you got a patent for that moveable deck for under trailers and things on the internet but I couldn't really figure it out. You always were the one to figure out a problem, like that time you got up during the dinner party in your cramped dining room and stared taking out one wall with your hammer right then while the guests were still there. That story always made me laugh at the tellin. Are you still wearing that morfine pump? I didn't ask but I wondered why you were drivin that mower instead of the truck. Did it break or did you lose you lisence. Goodness knows if anyone was drunk driving it was most everyone in those towns after breakfast right up until breakfast and maybe later.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

OMG!

Amarillo? preposterous! must not be TOB, he'd never be caught dead, or drunk, in Amarillo! maybe Wichita Falls, or even Gunman, but never Amarillo!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

is the bagger left on that riding mower TOB? it have a drink cup holder so you can put a sippy cup in it while you drive? have an 8-track so you can play theme music while you drive?

sunflower_sue 5 years, 7 months ago

Roe, that was hillarious! But i have to let you know, if you pass that farmer and give him the flying eagle salute instead of a polite wave...he's going to go home and pee on your food. :)

RoeDapple 5 years, 7 months ago

sue, my father in law IS a farmer.

(I think he already does........)

George_Braziller 5 years, 7 months ago

Huh? What does speeding have to do with it? I was just wanting the woman to move forward so I could try to approach the intersection and contunue my journey.