Previous   Next

What do you love about the library book sale?

Asked at Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vt. on April 17, 2009

Browse the archives

“Great bargains, lots of selections and it’s a good cause.”

“I like the amount of books they have … . All the categories and the prices are excellent.”

“The books … I got a great title once, ‘Life Begins at 81,’ for my mother.”

“Buying the old VHS tapes to use in my instruction. I get them for a dollar a piece.”

Comments

Deja Coffin 5 years ago

That nice used book smell.....ahhhh....

No seriously, is the sale all weekend? I wanna go!!

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

Carol ! (my peeps)

What I like best it that if done right, you only need to go once. My pre KU kid and I went back one year on a $1/bag day. I instructed, buy every book you've ever heard of before in your life. If a teacher hasn't recommended it, they probably will and it will be cheaper at 2 cents than it will at $8.95, and anything left over I will eventually read. Any duplicates we'll give back. So we hauled sacks of classics and others out of there.

What I hate most? If you're in a wheelchair or have to use a walker or scooter, you're out of luck. Mom's leave the kids and strollers at home. Unless it's gotten better in the last few years.

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

Phone books..... may know someone someday

Jersey_Girl 5 years ago

John Madden retired? But...but...but who is going to tell me about the turducken this Thanksgiving?

passionatelibra 5 years ago

The inexpensive prices and the chance of finding a one of a kind. If you're patient, do some digging and open your mind, there are some great finds!

Dang, I'm a geek...

prospector 5 years ago

The long conga line down Kentucky St to get into the tent.

consumer1 5 years ago

I can't read, What book sale? What is a library?

autie 5 years ago

I hate to see Madden leave. I always enjoyed his insight. He is one of the few announcers that knew what the hell he was talking about. I'm not sure how they measured it, but I heard on NPR this morning that Madden 09 was more popular than James Bond movies and Star Wars...

autie 5 years ago

I hear there will be a book for sale on the History of the Oakland Raiders. Mysteriously never checked out yet all the pages with info on the defensive backs is missing. It could be a collector's item now the John Madden has retired.

musbhiorlo 5 years ago

lots of pages with folds and creases in the corner

autie 5 years ago