Previous   Next

Have you ever attended the Kansas Relays?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 16, 2009

Browse the archives

“No. I might go if someone gave me a free ticket.”

“No, but I know it has some of the world’s best athletes.”

“Yes, I have. I was a student, and it was just a lot of fun.”

“I have not, but kids in my class have … . They had a great time.”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 8 months ago

No, but I did go to Lemur-Con in Council Bluffs.

Linda Aikins 5 years, 8 months ago

Micah must be retired from KU!

No. I've never gone because, as C1 pointed out, it will be rainy that day.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 8 months ago

yep, I went to the relays and got wet..... What is it about the relays and rain anyway?

mom_of_three 5 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I have attended the Kansas relays. We saw Justin Gatlin and we know what happened next.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 8 months ago

TOB, I claim the lemurs as dependents on my income tax. Sssh, don't tell anybody.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I have and I will this year. This is the answer to a question posed by Jersey_Girl.

The Kansas Relays begin Wednesday, April 15 and conclude Saturday, April 18. Admission into the meet will be allowed only by those people wearing a 2009 Kansas Relays button.

Buttons will cost $10 for adults and are good for admission for all four days of the Kansas Relays. A group discount will be applied to all orders of 10 or more adult Kansas Relays admission buttons. These can be purchased through the ticket office. Discount buttons for Senior Citizens and all students with a valid ID are $5. Children under the age of five, KU students and military personnel are free with proper identification. Also offered is a Kansas Relays Family Pack, consisting of two adult and two student admissions for just $20.

You can find out about individual events by going to: http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/c-relay/sched/kan-c-relay-sched.html

Raider 5 years, 8 months ago

autie they must not be native Texans if they claim they are embarassed to be from there. If they are natives, then i'm embarassed for them over those comments.

Rick Perry is a bufoon, and we will all be so proud when he finally leaves office. He's the only governor in our history to be re-elected without winning more than 50% of the popular vote. In his last election I believe he carried something like 34% because there were three candidates. Sort of like how Bush used Nader in 2000, Perry used Friedman in his last election.

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, Irish. I thought they were around this time of year. I have a birthday coming up next month and my sister couldn't find a single hotel room in town and I kept hearing it was because of the relays, but that didn't seem right.