Previous   Next

Have you filed your taxes yet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 15, 2009

Browse the archives

“We’re on automatic electronic notice from the accountant. It’s sometime usually in February.”

“I certainly have, about one month ago.”

“Yeah, my wife took care of that. She’s my accountant.”

“I filed an extension, but I have all my taxes ready.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 8 months ago

The check is in the mail.....................

Chris Ogle 5 years, 8 months ago

I am going to be a deduction on Lew Perkins tax return.... he is going to need it.

otto 5 years, 8 months ago

does anyone understand what Mary said?

trinity 5 years, 8 months ago

not sure about mary but due to lack of caffiene-i coulda sworn t.h. said he was an oriental Drug dealer.
must. get. new. contact. script.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 8 months ago

otto- I think it means she will get the IRS letter for a compliance audit sometime in Feb..... It probably is almost automatic.

dajudge 5 years, 8 months ago

I was gonna wait till the last minute and take them to the post office as a tradition at midnight tonight, but, unfortunately, the post office is closing at 6:30 this evening.

KansasPerson 5 years, 8 months ago

Be careful not getting there late, dajudge.... paper says P.O. counter closes at 5:30 and lobby (with slot) closes at 6:15.

The party, however, will start at 5 and carry on til 8 p.m.

Maxwell Butterfield 5 years, 8 months ago

Hey, autie. Did your cousin happen to be arrested after a breif car chase a couple weeks ago? Taking a shot in the psychological dark here...

RoeDapple 5 years, 8 months ago

cousin autie, I gotta go out and check on the still this afternoon, make sure them meth heads aren't settin' up shop again. Wanna ride shotgun?

mom_of_three 5 years, 8 months ago

yes, our taxes are done and refunds received

yellowhouse 5 years, 8 months ago

Another annual free tax party for the tax paying citizens of Lawrence!

5 pm to 8 pm at the Post office on Vermont!

There will be Alfred Packer Memorial String Band playing for your enjoyment starting at 4pm. Steve Mason, Matt Kirby, Mike Yoder, Jim Brothers and other musicians will be there to play for you!

Mike the Roadkill Chef, will be there to serve up his delicious secret recipe "Roadkill stew" made with Idaho Elk, venisen, Pheasant and pork. Also on the menu is Chicken and Dumplings and Chef Mikes famous Chili!

Food and entertainment are free!

see you there!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 8 months ago

autie (Anonymous) says…

Participating in an event promoting No More Taxes is directly denying your responsibility as a citizen. This makes about as much sense as a bunch of vegans eating double quarter pounders at a PETA rally.

The PETA folks will be wearing Zebra coats with spray paint on the back....can't miss em.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 8 months ago

Filed yesterday. I hope. Since I didn't actually deliver them with my own hands...I can't say for sure.