Previous   Next

Are you going to the KU football spring game today?

Asked at the Kansas Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. on April 11, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yeah, I’m going. … I want to see what we got in store for next year.”

“No. I didn’t know it was happening.”

“I’m on my way to the ATM to see whether or not my taxes have gotten back so I can buy tickets.”

“No. I don’t like to watch sporting events.”

Comments

schula 5 years, 3 months ago

I am going to work at the football game today. So glad the sun is shining!

O-Bob -- that was my thought when I read Justin's answer.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

Yep, I will be there. Here is the roster for 09. You can Google each and every one of them and go from there. No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (High school/Junior college) 1 Jake Sharp RB 5-10 195 Sr. Salina, Kan. (Salina Central HS) 2 Jordan Webb QB 6-1 210 Fr. Union, Mo. (Union HS) 3 Jocques Crawford RB 6-1 230 Sr. Memphis, Tenn. (Cordova HS/Cisco JC) 4 John Millsap PK 5-10 150 Fr. Andover, Kan. (Andover HS) 5 Todd Reesing QB 5-11 200 Sr. Austin, Texas (Lake Travis HS) 6 Rell Lewis RB 5-10 201 So. Muskogee, Okla. (Muskogee HS) 9 Raimond Pendleton WR 5-11 192 Sr. Garland, Texas (South Garland HS) 10 Kerry Meier QB/WR 6-3 220 Sr. Pittsburg, Kan. (Pittsburg HS) 11 A.J. Steward TE 6-4 229 So. St. Louis, Mo. (Riverview Gardens HS) 13 Reece Petty WR 6-2 195 Jr. Liberal, Kan. (Liberal Hill HS) 14 Jacob Branstetter PK 5-10 182 Jr. Lawton, Okla. (MacArthur HS) 16 Chris Harris DB 6-0 185 Jr. Bixby, Okla. (Bixby HS) 17 Calvin Rubles CB 6-3 200 Jr. Richardson, Texas (Berkner HS/Tyler JC) 18 Alonso Rojas P 6-3 220 Jr. Miami, Fla. (Killian HS/Bowling Green) 19 Kale Pick QB 6-2 200 Fr. Dodge City, Kan. (Dodge City HS) 20 Taylor Lee CB 6-1 186 Fr. Harrisonville, Mo. (Harrisonville HS) 22 Angus Quigley LB 6-2 226 Sr. Cleburne, Texas (Cleburne HS) 23 Ryan Murphy CB 5-10 176 So. Lawrence, Kan. (Free State HS) 24 Willie O'Quinn WR 6-0 190 So. Coppell, Texas (Coppell HS) 25 Darrell Stuckey S 6-1 205 Sr. Kansas City, Kan. (Washington HS) 26 Phillip Strozier S 6-0 200 Jr. Kansas City, Mo. (Rockhurst HS) 27 Greg Brown DB 5-11 177 Fr. Cedar Hill, Texas (Cedar Hill HS) 28 Daymond Patterson WR 5-9 175 So. Mesquite, Texas (North Mesquite HS) 29 Isiah Barfield CB 6-0 184 So. Haven, Kan. (Haven HS) 30 Anthony Davis CB 6-0 192 So. Tulsa, Okla. (East Central HS) 31 Steven Foster LB 6-2 241 So. Sedgwick, Kan. (Sedgwick HS) 35 Corrigan Powell CB 5-10 171 So. Garland, Texas (Lakeview Centennial HS) 36 Deshaun Sands RB 5-9 182 Fr. Sunrise, Fla. (Piper HS) 37 Brian Blackwell S 5-10 196 Fr. Herington, Kan. (Herington HS) 38 Josh Richardson LB 6-4 220 Fr. Dublin, Ohio (Scioto HS) 39 Lubbock Smith S 5-11 192 Fr. Dallas, Texas (Carter HS) 40 Tyler Hunt FB 6-2 235 Fr. Lawrence, Kan. (Lawrence HS) 41 Arist Wright LB 6-0 226 Sr. Houston, Texas (Alief Taylor HS) 43 Ted McNulty TE 6-5 226 So. Iowa City, Iowa (Iowa City West HS) 44 Olaitan Oguntodu S 6-0 220 Jr. Mesquite, Texas (John Horn HS) 45 Justin Springer LB 6-4 242 Jr. Los Fresnos, Texas (Los Fresnos HS) 46 Justin Thornton S 6-1 213 Sr. St. Joseph, Mo. (Central HS) 47 Brandon Hawks S 5-9 178 Fr. Oskaloosa, Kan. (Oskaloosa HS) 49 Drew Dudley FB 6-2 232 Jr. College Station, Texas (A&M Consolidated HS)

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

50 Jordan Fee LB 5-11 200 Fr. Hutchinson, Kan. (Hutchinson HS) 51 Dakota Lewis LB 6-1 209 Jr. Sulphur, Okla. (Sulphur HS) 52 Steven Johnson LB 6-2 225 So. Media, Pa. (Strath Haven HS) 53 Chris Heinz LB 6-3 210 So. Littleton, Colo. (Highlands Ranch HS) 54 Kevin Young DE 6-4 235 Fr. Olathe, Kan. (Olathe North HS) 56 Kayl Anderson LS 6-2 250 Sr. Tulsa, Okla. (Bishop Kelley HS) 57 Chea Peterman LB 6-2 220 So. North Little Rock, Ark. (North Little Rock HS) 58 Jake Schermer LB 6-2 222 Sr. Nixa, Mo. (Ozark HS) 59 Sal Capra OL 6-3 292 Jr. Kansas City, Mo. (Rockhurst HS) 60 Jose Rodriguez OL 6-6 293 Sr. La Puente, Calif. (Bishop Amat HS) 62 Alex Smith OL 5-11 281 Jr. Basehor, Kan. (Basehor-Linwood HS) 63 Ian Wolfe OL 6-5 295 Jr. Fort Collins, Colo. (Fort Collins HS) 64 J.D. Hill OL 6-4 285 Fr. Tampa, Fla. (Plant HS/Fork Union Military Academy) 67 Ben Lueken OL 6-6 300 So. St. Louis, Mo. (Chaminade HS) 68 Carl Wilson OL 6-4 292 Jr. Redlands, Calif. (East Valley HS) 69 Trevor Marrongelli OL 6-4 285 Fr. Austin, Texas (Westwood HS)

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

71 John Williams OL 6-4 338 Fr. Tulsa, Okla. (Washington HS) 72 Tanner Hawkinson OL 6-6 260 Fr. McPherson, Kan. (McPherson HS) 73 Joe Semple OL 6-3 295 Fr. Mundelein, Ill. (Mundelein HS) 74 Jeff Spikes OL 6-6 314 So. Painesville, Ohio (Harvey HS) 76 Brad Thorson OL 6-3 290 Jr. Mequon, Wis. (Homestead HS/Wisconsin) 77 Jeremiah Hatch OL 6-3 311 So. Dallas, Texas (Carter HS) 80 Dezmon Briscoe WR 6-3 200 Jr. Dallas, Texas (Cedar Hill HS) 81 Johnathan Wilson WR 6-3 189 Jr. Houston, Texas (Klein Forest HS) 82 Nick Plato TE 6-6 242 Fr. Edwardsville, Ill. (Edwardsville HS) 84 Jeff Wheeler DE 6-7 260 Sr. Houston, Texas (Clear Lake HS) 85 Roderick Harris, Jr. WR 6-2 200 Jr. Bryan, Texas (Bryan HS/Blinn JC) 86 Tim Biere TE 6-4 246 So. Omaha, Neb. (Westside HS) 87 Bradley Dedeaux TE 6-3 252 Jr. Midwest City, Okla. (Midwest City HS) 88 Patrick Schilling WR 6-1 175 Fr. Kansas City, Mo. (Rockhurst HS) 89 Tertavian Ingram WR 6-0 200 Jr. Tampa, Fla. (Jefferson HS) 90 Maxwell Onyegbule DE 6-5 257 Sr. Arlington, Texas (Arlington HS) 91 Jake Laptad DE 6-4 258 Jr. Tulsa, Okla. (Jenks HS) 92 Patrick Dorsey DT 6-0 275 So. Houston, Texas (Yates HS) 93 Darius Parish DT 6-4 341 So. Wichita, Kan. (North HS) 94 Caleb Blakesley DL 6-5 292 Sr. Ottawa, Kan. (Ottawa HS) 95 D.J. Marshall DE 6-4 230 Fr. Mesquite, Texas (Mesquite HS) 96 Dustin Spears DE 6-5 242 Sr. Osborne, Kan. (Osborne HS/Garden City CC) 97 Richard Johnson, Jr. DE 6-2 280 So. Jefferson City, Mo. (Jefferson City HS) 98 Duane Zlatnik DE 6-4 303 Fr. Rossville, Kan. (Rossville HS) 99 Jamal Greene DE 6-4 303 Jr. Kansas City, Kan. (Washington HS)

Coaching Staff Mark Mangino, Head coach, eighth season (Youngstown State, 1987) No need to thank me.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

Yea! We finally got a black man on here, not shooting someone. I wonder how much of an effort that took? Jump all over me if you want, and I know you will, but I just feel so brave persevering nevertheless, but the selection of people polled is not exactly diversified.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 3 months ago

I'll be busy decorating a cake for Easter and hoping that little girls can keep their fingers out of the icing!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

prospector, you know, when I was a young girl I went trout fishing with my grandfather. He had a set up in the garage where he would make his own flies. I was totally fasinated by that as well as by all the fishing gear. I got to be pretty good myself. Great memories!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

Very well, I understand, however I still reserve the right to post my opinions. I will not reply to another posting. I will not attempt to be friends, after all, I have no idea who you people are. I know I am not cranky and I did try in all honesty. I have been put in my place. Thank you. Irish

Linda Aikins 5 years, 3 months ago

Schula, I didn't see you! We sat about section 5 row 10. Shoot!

Beautiful day - lots of potential for another fun season!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

The link does not go to a photo so I don't know what I was supposed to see. Maybe just as well. I have nothing to make amends for. I am not Hermi. I am Irish. Period. Put a fork in this. It's done.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 3 months ago

No. I had some dandilions to weed out of the yard.

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

Irish (Irish Swearingen) says…

"I will not reply to another posting"

That didn't last long.................

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

Irish/Cleo/Hermione, your race baiting [above] is revolting, and actually makes the situation of blacks in our society worse but of course you don't really care.