Previous   Next

Do you tweet?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on April 10, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I do not. It just doesn’t sound that interesting to me.”

“Only in the car when I beep the horn.”

“I do not. I don’t do a whole lot of social networking. ”

“No. I don’t know what ‘tweeting’ is. ”

Comments

dajudge 6 years, 1 month ago

Does sex, drugs, and rock & roll count?

trinity 6 years, 1 month ago

i signed up for it...but never remember to look at it/participate. it confuses me, and i just don't care that much.
friday friday friDAY friday friday friDAY friday friday friDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :)

Chris Ogle 6 years, 1 month ago

yes, but I don't tell anyone... somethings are best not mentioned. .

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

This will be a fun day here....

C1, are you a Donnie Baker fan?

Chrissy Neibarger 6 years, 1 month ago

I tweet. "Tweet Tweet" ... We actually have a twitter at work that I have to keep updated, so i just made one for myself and have it linked to my blog. Very boring to read, what are you supposed to put on your personal tweets anyway.. like everyone wants to know "I just got back from lunch.." "I hope it rains tonight".. boring.

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

No, I don't use twitter, facebook or myspace.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 1 month ago

mom_of_three said My kids, my mother, cousins and other relatives are on facebook, but I don't have time.

But you do have time to be here?

Maxwell Butterfield 6 years, 1 month ago

Haha, yes. I only have one because I like to pretend that people care what I'm doing at every moment. But I try to make my posts as relevent as possible (ie: not posting every time I take a breath). I think that's the only way it's really useful.

Follow me on Twitter, y'all! @flclhack

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

Yes. I'm under no illusions that the details of my life are fascinating to the world at large, but it's turned out to be a good way to keep up with my siblings who also use the site.

It's also much simpler than facebook, and that's something I really like. I use twitter much more often than facebook now.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

I was in Chicago & went tru-da-loop one time.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

C1, he's a comedian who made regular appearances on the Bob and Tom show - when we USED to get it here on the radio. He has a song about Sharts. I'll try to find a link for you - YOU will love it!

HermioneElliott 6 years, 1 month ago

I don't think it's the students on drugs that we need to be worried about. How do you get a serious thread on here? I tweet and I think it is a fun an fast way to communicate. I would really recommend it. It is quite easy to set up and do. Just give it a try.

Chrissy Neibarger 6 years, 1 month ago

I used to follow LJWorld on twitter, but it go so annoying with all thier updating being just every headline of every news story.. i removed them as a friend.

onceinawhile 6 years, 1 month ago

Would it have been that difficult to find one person who uses Twitter? Most of my friends do, after all.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi- I am with Auti, I think you have been drunking today. Anyway, the earthworms were out this morning, which means two things. 1) Mushrooms are either here, or will be very soon.

2) I can quit using those stinking shad-sides and switch to worms.

Tweet-tweet

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 1 month ago

Way back in the day when the question was asked, do you tweet, I think the reply expected was yes or no. No more polls on the Journal World.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 1 month ago

dear irish- yes and no..... depending

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 1 month ago

Okay, people I know I have gone by several different names in the past. Let's just live in the present. Everyone calls me Irish because of my heritage. Cleopatra was supposed to be just the name of my blog. Hermione is because I admire the character in the Harry Potter Books. Which brings me to: I get tweets from Emma Watson who plays Hermione in the movies. They are now filming the last movie. Last week she left the charger to her cellphone at the set and was home before she realize it and had to drive all the way back. She clobbered Ron when she got to enthusiastic during a scene and now he and Harry are pestering her when she tries to talk on the phone. I have never communicated with a well known actor before. I'm impressed by all this electronic stuff and I am loving it. Please, please, refer to me as Irish from now on. Pretty please. The posts were funny and creative. I did enjoy reading them. Grumpy no more. Thanks!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

But, but, but it wasn't Irish that told bndairdundat where to go, it was Cleopatra

Irish (Irish Swearingen) says…

"bndairdundat go to h___"

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi, you are a wild one there! I think prospector looks like Rock Hudson (but doesn't act like him) so I can see you lusting over that. I'll be there to open doors for you two.

Back from football party - wow - what a nice facility Anderson Complex is. I sat on Todd Reising's bench where he changes clothes. I felt strong and smart while I was there!

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 1 month ago

Okay, I tried to be nice and it didn't work out too well, did it? I am still pissed at bndairdundat and I have a right to be after what he wrote.

Maxwell Butterfield 6 years, 1 month ago

Irish, you (as Hermione Elliott) sided with skank4ever. All your posts since are irrelevant due to that fact. Thank you for your time.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

"Can you feel the love?"

Irish (Irish Swearingen) says… "Okay, I tried to be nice and it didn't work out too well, did it?"

password 6 years, 1 month ago

got home about 1:00 this afternoon and then my sister stopped by. we partied a bit and now i'm going to bed. but i'm going to brush my teeth first...OMG I think I just tweetered.

password 6 years, 1 month ago

seriously - correct me...maybe i didn't tweeter? i could have just tweeted?