Previous   Next

Do you celebrate April Fools’ Day?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on April 1, 2009

Browse the archives

“Not anymore. I probably did a few (pranks) when I was younger.”

“You’ve got me thinking about it. I might.”

“No I do not, but I have celebrated it in the past.”

“I do, especially with my brothers. We try to top each other every year.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 6 years, 3 months ago

Is there a Pywacket Rescue Fund we could donate to?

Chris Ogle 6 years, 3 months ago

I think they named it after me.... but I was dropped on this planet in May.... see, April fools are really May Days, get it.... OK, I better think of something else.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey Multi, I am parked outside your door.... want to go fishing...., Ok that one is not much better, unless of course Multi went outside to see...

1029 6 years, 3 months ago

Absolutely not. Nobody likes a prankster. The world would be a lot better place if everyone made a point of practicing seriousness each and every day in everything they do. Can't wait for this day to end so that we can all go back to being serious.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

I gave the alpha lemur a cap with bells and a bladder on a stick. He's having a swell time being the lord of misrule today.

trinity 6 years, 3 months ago

sure i celebrate april fool's day. since i leave my festivus pole up year 'round, it's a cinch to celebrate pretty much any ol' holiday.

passionatelibra 6 years, 3 months ago

Heard on the radio this morning to get a roll of toilet tissue and unroll it a little bit. Then you write on it "Help! I'm stuck in the toilet tissue factory!" or some such like that. Then you roll it back up and put it on the t.p. dispenser for the next person to find. I couldn't help but laugh at that idea.

trinity 6 years, 3 months ago

autie if you were the target of some covert sinister operation-then so was i. same thing happened to me. =:-O

schula 6 years, 3 months ago

Autie -- I haven't been able to get on the site until a few minutes ago. I was getting the abort operation message, too.

RoeDapple 6 years, 3 months ago

Is deer hunting becoming more interesting? Kamikaze Bambi? No more sitting peacefully at the base of an oak tree waiting for monster bucks? Will now have to hunt in pairs to watch each others back............ SUV's with bullet proof glass?.........

What do you think, autie?

I like it................

;-)

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

FTIW, I was getting the error autie described for a couple of hours this morning.

Shane Garrett 6 years, 3 months ago

Funny thing happened today. My boss actually showed up to work, excuse me, showed up at work around lunch time. She brought her lunch. Well, I better act like I am working. That way the April fool will be on her. hee hee.

RoeDapple 6 years, 3 months ago

The wives still don't get the "under the tire, natural selection, survival of the fittest" thing do they?

Jonathan Kealing 6 years, 3 months ago

About that error...

There was an unclosed HTML span tag in the lunch specials ad this morning. It only affected users of certain browsers. Our apologies for the glitch and thanks for your patience.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

persevering_gal 6 years, 3 months ago

Eww...Opera? Opera is a nightmare for Mac web designers but wonderful for Windows users. The world would be a much better place if everyone used Firefox and got rid of this IE crap!

persevering_gal 6 years, 3 months ago

Reticent -

I was watching the video of the face gestures, and I think that's hilarious! Imagine sitting next to a co-worker who's sticking their tongue out to browse the web!

Godot 6 years, 3 months ago

Please tell me that the report that first Michelle, then Obama, grabbed the hand of the Qeen of England with both hands and looked down on her like she was lucky to be in their presence, and that they then presented her with an iPod loaded with Obama's speeches, that that report was an April Fool's joke. Please!

ms_canada 6 years, 2 months ago

Got the Icehogs vs Monsters game up and running last evening and what did my wondering eyes behold. The numbers on all the jerseys were backwards. Then the whole view of the game was upside down. It was funny after I remembered what day it was.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

My cousin found out she was pregnant on April Fools Day, needless to say nobody believed her.

For my mothers group I was in charge of the snack yesterday so for the past week I had everyone believing that we were going to eat bugs. Told them my dad had a friend in an adventurers club that had an exotic dinner once a year and he was going to give me a couple samples. So yesterday I showed up with Chocolate covered mill worms which were actually raisinets dipped in cocoa powder. A couple ladies tried them but most the group was too afraid. Not my best prank but still a decent one.

coolmarv 5 years, 3 months ago

Only on April 1. Any other day just doesn't seem to fit.