Previous   Next

How often do you go to the dentist?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 20, 2008

Browse the archives

“Twice a year, every six months. That’s the schedule my dentist recommends. I had a lot of dental problems when I was young, and I don’t want to repeat them.”

“I don’t have a very regular schedule because I travel a lot. But I did just go last spring, and I’m going to try to stick to the six-month regimen.”

“I go to the dentist about once every two years. I even have health insurance, but the dentist frightens me.”

“Usually twice a year. I’ve had problems before, so I try not to go too long.”

Related story

Comments

dminear60 6 years, 3 months ago

The whole family goes every six months for cleanings and check ups. Good dental health is important to insure your over all good health.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

1X/year as recommended by my dentist. (My longest stint was 7 years after my dentist died and I had a fear of replacing him. Luckily, it was to no ill affect.)

John Kyle 6 years, 3 months ago

"And faceit, Dylan never claimed to be a poet"really? "I'm a poet and I know itHope I don't blow it"I Shall Be Free #10

Kat Christian 6 years, 3 months ago

A story I tell my grandson to encourage good dental hygiene. When I was in Jr high school I had a crush on this boy. I couldn't understand why he would avoid me because I had a lot of friends. Then one day I overheard him telling a mutual friend of ours the reason he didn't want to get close to me because I had yellow teeth and bad breath. From that day on I began to brush my teeth religiously. I go to the dentist every six months and have before it became fashionable to do so. I realized how important our teeth our not just for cosmetic reasons but for all around good health. I have sacrificed many times to get an expensive fix on my teeth and always found a way to pay for a cleaning. There are dental schools that charge minimal. Please make a point to see the dentist. Keep smiling and show those pearly whites. Oh the story encouraged my grandson to brush everyday.

zettapixel 6 years, 3 months ago

It always amazes me how non-contributors to society can also be non-contributors to the comments section.

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

spacehog: I suppose it was the morning for it. No bong hits for me, but it was an extremely surreal morning. I woke up and went to class, totally ignorant of goings-on (hell it might not have happened yet) and totally ignorant of the fact that my clock had been knocked an hour ahead so it was an exact hour later than I thought, so I was exactly an hour late for class, so from my perspective everybody got up to leave an hour early. Then I went to my RA friends dorm room and he told me about it. Surreal is the best word, for sure. . . . and man, faceit, are Saturdays just angry, bitter days for you, or are they the only days that you have time to get on here and post, and you're just always angry and bitter?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

Daily.It's like pulling teeth, addressing the entrenched mindsets pervading these forums.

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

Oh, when the mood strikes me. That mood, of course, being sharp and stabbing pains in my teeth. You should mellow out, Zettapixel. I'll buy spacehogs bong reference from the other day, but I don't feel meth-head from the posting history.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 3 months ago

Dylan makes more money than any of you that think he sucks so put that in pipe and smoke it. Bob would I'm sure.