Previous   Next

Has the KU football team’s recent loss shaken your faith in the team?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 16, 2008

Browse the archives

“No, not at all. It was a close loss, and one loss isn’t going to kill a season. We’ll bounce back in time for conference play.”

“Of course not. I’m a confident fan. I think we’ll get our defense together and be able to climb to the top of the Big 12.”

“No. We lost to Mizzou and still won the Orange Bowl. It’s just a minor setback.”

“It did, but I’m still hopeful. I was encouraged by our wide receivers and quarterback, but concerned about the offensive line. But I have confidence in Mangino.”

Comments

ihatelv 5 years, 11 months ago

To lose faith implies one had faith......

hawklet21 5 years, 11 months ago

How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response?

nobody1793 5 years, 11 months ago

Somehow I don't think Todd's picture was taken on Mass St as indicated. Liars.I bet KU could still beat the Chiefs.

MUKUOUFan 5 years, 11 months ago

KU will have a moderately successful season this year. They don't have the easy schedule from last year, so they'll probably end up ranked around 23rd or so, if they're lucky. A.P.'s #5 MU however whooped up on #18 Illinois in their non-conference schedule, and OU (#2), Texas (#7) and Texas Tech #11) are hanging in there. KU is still at #19...so the Big 12 has 5 teams in the AP Top 20!

mom_of_three 5 years, 11 months ago

The 3rd quarter and part of the 4th quarter had me worried, but I think we will be okay. Good to happen now and not later, and the team knows where they are vincible.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

Oh! How will I ever cope? places back of hand to forehead and crumples to floorI think Todd must have been standing in front of Joe College or some other naughty store. That, or someone got way too overzealous in photoshop. That, or it could have been just really dense fog behind him. I'm sure that was it.

Jim Williamson 5 years, 11 months ago

Pardon me -- that's "will" b*tch about 8-4.

H_Lecter 5 years, 11 months ago

Faith is for the dying.4 & 8 or 5 & 7 this season

Jim Williamson 5 years, 11 months ago

I picked KU to go 8-4 this season, and South Florida was one of the four losses. No, last Saturday didn't shake my confidence.And wait for it -- some fans with b*tch about going 8-4.

Tony Kisner 5 years, 11 months ago

How ironic, there is a guy on the KU football team named Todd Reesing.

Simpsons_did_it 5 years, 11 months ago

H_lecter......................really 4-8? That's probably the WORST call I've ever heard. We've got 2 wins to date. A third coming this weekend. And by your comment we would only beat who..Colorado at home and lose every other game? Sorry to say, it's not going to happen. Kansas is a solid team and this is going to be a good year. Something to look forward to is the young guys we got this year are already producing and can only get better. Watch out for Kansas to have a solid season.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

Did you see that Michigan game on Saturday? That is a faith-shaking loss. Although to be honest, with a few days of perspective, I can see some good things in the game, too. So I'm fine with it.As far as KU ... I think last season may have raised expectations a bit too high for this season.

trinity 5 years, 11 months ago

lol, oh good lord are we reaching for an ots or what!!!! yes i am devastated, inconsolable, distraught, heartbroken, bummed. big eye roll

jonas_opines 5 years, 11 months ago

Nobody: You didn't know that Reesing walks around surrounded by a divine light? Man, you have no business talking about faith and our football team!

Deja Coffin 5 years, 11 months ago

It doesn't shake my faith at all. Then again I'm a Royals fan so cheering on a losing team isn't hard for me.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm grief-stricken. I just don't know how I'll cope. Hey, look, muffins!nom, nom, nom.I'm sorry, what was the question?

ohjayhawk 5 years, 11 months ago

No, it doesn't. I think they'll end up having a decent season. Nothing like last year, but still decent.Why even bother asking Todd? What other answer was he going to give? "The guys and I are totally devastated and we've decided to just forfeit the rest of the season."??? Even if they felt that way (which I know they don't), would he have answered any other way than he did?

ralphralph 5 years, 11 months ago

Never had any faith .... Last year was a fluke, a mirage ... Cupcake schedule, a few lucky breaks, and it was made to appear that the 'Hawks were actually good. It was pretend. It's over. Look at the schedule and note words like "at Oklahoma" and "vs Texas". It was fun pretending to be good, but that was that.

chapdaddy 5 years, 11 months ago

In the words of the Joe College t-shirt:"Thank God 4 Todd!"We will be fine. I predict 8-4, anything above that is gravy.