Previous   Next

When was the last time you created art?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 14, 2008

Browse the archives

“Actually, yesterday I finished a contemporary drawing on a scroll. I’m a fine arts major so I’m constantly working on something.”

“Probably a couple of weeks ago. I work for Quaker Oats and just finished restoring an old building into a brand new oat mill expansion to add more capacity. It’s a masterpiece.”

“Probably within the last month, drawing on the driveway with my 5-year-old.”

“A few days ago. I play a little guitar and was working on writing some songs of my own.”

Comments

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago

Daoism?"...Da-, he say da-ay-ay-o(Da-light come and he wan' go home)Da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-(Da-light come and he wan' go home)...."

bearded_gnome 6 years, 7 months ago

yesterday: words are my art. Tangy, that was definitely ROTFLMAO!and, Dr-K,it sounds like a bloody mess! should we ask: just who donated that paint?

Deja Coffin 6 years, 7 months ago

My daughters made a masterpiece in my bathroom using tub crayons, anybody know how to get that off of the walls?

Mixolydian 6 years, 7 months ago

Since I can hardly draw a straight line, I have a real simple defintion of "Art." If I could have drawn, painted or sculpted it...it's not art.Which is why most of the stuff that passes for art today is just silly.

coolmom 6 years, 7 months ago

is mowing the yard art? how about lauindry? thats where i am.

zettapixel 6 years, 7 months ago

Why I just created art yesterday. Got paid to do a boudoir photo shoot. God I love my art! :D

looza 6 years, 7 months ago

about 5 minutes ago, in fact, it's still floating in the toilet as we speak.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago

sue: "... just as soon as I make room."According to labmo and TheSycho, one man's (dog's? ) "room" is another man's art.( Don't inadvertently flush away a treasure. Donate it to these art collectors. )

Bob Forer 6 years, 7 months ago

Took my dog for a walk and she a bowel movement an hour ago.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 7 months ago

I've not created artas slave, or lover, nor a friend.To make implies beginning,and beginningslead to ends.I am not an artist,as I have no needed trends.This leaves me free to seek an artwhich troubles called amends,but I cannot begin with just the blessings of this fall.The life we seek and that we needdictates that we need all.The trouble is that only wecan truly tell our lies,for everyone is lyingto themselves and to their ties,and fail to ever move to make things rightor make amends,as all must lie to make the listthat love and giving sends.---Does that count? I just made it up on the spot.I do that all the freaking time...towards no end or sense but my own.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 7 months ago

I miss being able to be artist. Now the only time I get close to creative is making crafts at mothers group. Do hot/cold packs equal art? I had to use a sewing machine, that was a stretch for me!

labmonkey 6 years, 7 months ago

I once made a doody that looked like Abraham Lincoln...or was it Raspuitn?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 7 months ago

I colored some shrinky dinks earlier today. Also, I've been in the kitchen most of the day. I'd say the apple pie (with apples off of my tree) and the pesto pizza (with my own basil and tomatoes) was definitely art. The pizza is gone now burp and the pie is going bye bye next...just as soon as I make room. Check it out:http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunflower_sue

yellowdot99 6 years, 7 months ago

Sunflower Sue That was beautiful art and the pictures are art too and they will last alot longer unless your like most of us and your art goes to the hips.

pomegranate 6 years, 7 months ago

Dr K,I think you must be using my hemoglobin. I think I have "donated" close to a gallon what with my weekly, bi-weekly and monthly tests for the past several years! I guess that's all it is good for--artwork.

jonas_opines 6 years, 7 months ago

My classes on Daoism for next week might resemble art, seemed like the only way to get the point of the material across.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago

tra: ": that was artistic, was it not?"anonymous: "no... tra is the inverse of art." ( hmm... narcissistic, maybe )

dr_k 6 years, 7 months ago

This morning I put the finishing touches on some hemoglobin-colored Rorschach blots. I may used the leftover pigment to stain some glass.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago

labmonkey: "... Abraham Lincoln:or was it Raspuitn?"Howdy Doody?

tonythetiger 6 years, 7 months ago

I made cookie art with my kids this morning and we ate cookie art after lunch. It is so rewarding to watch my kids create watercolor and crayon art.I think crayons are greeeeat!!!

sgtwolverine 6 years, 7 months ago

Creating art is my job, so: Friday night.