Previous   Next

When was the last time you created art?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 14, 2008

Browse the archives

“Actually, yesterday I finished a contemporary drawing on a scroll. I’m a fine arts major so I’m constantly working on something.”

“Probably a couple of weeks ago. I work for Quaker Oats and just finished restoring an old building into a brand new oat mill expansion to add more capacity. It’s a masterpiece.”

“Probably within the last month, drawing on the driveway with my 5-year-old.”

“A few days ago. I play a little guitar and was working on writing some songs of my own.”

Comments

couranna1 5 years, 7 months ago

I am a work of art my mom and dad made me and whew I am defintely a masterpice

looza 5 years, 7 months ago

about 5 minutes ago, in fact, it's still floating in the toilet as we speak.

yellowdot99 5 years, 7 months ago

Sunflower Sue That was beautiful art and the pictures are art too and they will last alot longer unless your like most of us and your art goes to the hips.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

sue: "... just as soon as I make room."According to labmo and TheSycho, one man's (dog's? ) "room" is another man's art.( Don't inadvertently flush away a treasure. Donate it to these art collectors. )

sunflower_sue 5 years, 7 months ago

I colored some shrinky dinks earlier today. Also, I've been in the kitchen most of the day. I'd say the apple pie (with apples off of my tree) and the pesto pizza (with my own basil and tomatoes) was definitely art. The pizza is gone now burp and the pie is going bye bye next...just as soon as I make room. Check it out:http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunflower_sue

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

labmonkey: "... Abraham Lincoln:or was it Raspuitn?"Howdy Doody?

labmonkey 5 years, 7 months ago

I once made a doody that looked like Abraham Lincoln...or was it Raspuitn?

Deja Coffin 5 years, 7 months ago

I miss being able to be artist. Now the only time I get close to creative is making crafts at mothers group. Do hot/cold packs equal art? I had to use a sewing machine, that was a stretch for me!

Bob Forer 5 years, 7 months ago

Took my dog for a walk and she a bowel movement an hour ago.

coolmom 5 years, 7 months ago

is mowing the yard art? how about lauindry? thats where i am.

Mixolydian 5 years, 7 months ago

Since I can hardly draw a straight line, I have a real simple defintion of "Art." If I could have drawn, painted or sculpted it...it's not art.Which is why most of the stuff that passes for art today is just silly.

zettapixel 5 years, 7 months ago

Why I just created art yesterday. Got paid to do a boudoir photo shoot. God I love my art! :D

tonythetiger 5 years, 7 months ago

I made cookie art with my kids this morning and we ate cookie art after lunch. It is so rewarding to watch my kids create watercolor and crayon art.I think crayons are greeeeat!!!

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

How's this one then...? I will not create art or come to you as a child,for I know that with your direction I willonly be beguiled.For when your smiles turn to shamefor which you lay the blameand not turn to me and saythat it would have been any other way on any other day.Had you not come to me in misguided termsI might have listened to you more.For what purpose besides to rob me did you come? And why you chose not to leave me alone?I would have made my way,on any other day.Save for the words you spread and the hateful things you say. I just went my own direction and if you spent some time in reflectionyou might realize that what you say does consist of lies.Then why it is the less donewhen you stalk night or day,and all the things you say.you must have a good account of what you want your life to be aboutI wish you not to involve mefor I want to see as I see.So leave me be to see as I doand stop lying to me and everyone with the persistence that you do.For I have other things besides what is onyour mind to deal with during my short timeon this planet to stay.For I have my goals that don't involve you onAny given day.----- --- -------I like to make extemporaneous speeches as well,A boner fide rhapsody

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

I am not a bull artist and I certainly am not your buddy. Why don't you sing me your nonsensical poem?!?!?!?!?!

tanaumaga 5 years, 7 months ago

the only bull artist is you buddy

JJE007 5 years, 7 months ago

I've not created artas slave, or lover, nor a friend.To make implies beginning,and beginningslead to ends.I am not an artist,as I have no needed trends.This leaves me free to seek an artwhich troubles called amends,but I cannot begin with just the blessings of this fall.The life we seek and that we needdictates that we need all.The trouble is that only wecan truly tell our lies,for everyone is lyingto themselves and to their ties,and fail to ever move to make things rightor make amends,as all must lie to make the listthat love and giving sends.---Does that count? I just made it up on the spot.I do that all the freaking time...towards no end or sense but my own.

pomegranate 5 years, 7 months ago

Dr K,I think you must be using my hemoglobin. I think I have "donated" close to a gallon what with my weekly, bi-weekly and monthly tests for the past several years! I guess that's all it is good for--artwork.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

tra: ": that was artistic, was it not?"anonymous: "no... tra is the inverse of art." ( hmm... narcissistic, maybe )

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh, I forgot my other... huh well he sure is not really much of a friend... well he is refined in the art of rhetoric. In other words he is a bullsh!t artist.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 7 months ago

I once knew a guy who would drink a six-pack or so and then do yellow art in the snow.Does that count?

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

Zee type of zee art iz up to zee artista. Art is a process of producing something relative to the field in which it is supposedly applied.It is a talent or skill in which a person manipulates or refines something for the purpose of it's valued application.I made art of an orange peel and a bran flakes box and the intent of my art was to remind someone of something when they see it. I labeled the piece of art and will display it.I have a friend who pours bronze and he makes art for the display to remind people of things and they come to him for him to help manufacture or produce their artwork in a different media.I have another friend that welds metals together and forms the inner jamb of the doors of buildings that is his art.I have yet another friend that works as a culinary artist.I hope my self-made definitions help you to find out what art you produce.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 7 months ago

My daughters made a masterpiece in my bathroom using tub crayons, anybody know how to get that off of the walls?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

yesterday: words are my art. Tangy, that was definitely ROTFLMAO!and, Dr-K,it sounds like a bloody mess! should we ask: just who donated that paint?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

Daoism?"...Da-, he say da-ay-ay-o(Da-light come and he wan' go home)Da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-, he say da-(Da-light come and he wan' go home)...."

jonas_opines 5 years, 7 months ago

My classes on Daoism for next week might resemble art, seemed like the only way to get the point of the material across.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 7 months ago

Creating art is my job, so: Friday night.

dr_k 5 years, 7 months ago

This morning I put the finishing touches on some hemoglobin-colored Rorschach blots. I may used the leftover pigment to stain some glass.

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that "Smith and Wesson vs. Smith Corona" is my rendition of "The pen is mightier than the sword".

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

I just finished a box of Total Bran Flakes and threw the box in the recyclables. I had a bowl of it with an orange and I threw the peel on top of the box.It's a masterpiece. I still have a sketch pad and I wrote a poem with an illustration and called it "Smith and Wesson vs. Smith Corona"Eat your heart out Dobbins.