Previous   Next

What activities do you and your dog enjoy?

Asked at the Pooch Plunge at the Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center on September 3, 2008

Browse the archives

“He goes on all the car rides, we do the dog park, our daily walk and he loves to visit the school whenever he can. He also likes to visit the senior center about once a month.”

“She’s just 5 months old, but we like to take her out on the boat at Clinton Lake.”

“We go to the dog park and take daily walks.”

“We go to Mutt-Run Off-Leash Dog Park and go for lots of rides in the country, and in town as well. And he loves to chase any kind of ball.”

Related story

Comments

Pywacket 5 years, 7 months ago

Hitme~ Sounds like the guy has a real thing for Rottweilers. Maybe they could get him to lose his fetish by sticking him in a yard with trained attack Rotties. If he associated them with pain & mayhem, he'd probably be disinclined to abuse one again. (And, depending on how long he was in the yard with them, maybe he'd no longer have the requisite equipment to do so.)What puts such a twist on someone's brain, anyway?!

coltrane 5 years, 7 months ago

basically he likes to go for a walk just about anywhere

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

These days, I have to pretend I have a dog.( It works out... he has to pretend he has a keeper. )Won't see me leashing him like all those other imaginary pet owners; oh, no.

Bladerunner 5 years, 7 months ago

Nothing smells worse than wet dog. Except possibly the Democratic Presidential ticket.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

wow,we got Toby-Young on here? I bet she's really dogged by her fame! Snap, that really was funny.
I hope MSC has gotten outa her grumpy shirt by now. yes, she's usually so very nice. I wonder what got her into such a grumpy mood?

Pywacket 5 years, 7 months ago

I spend a lot of time peeling the great Dane off the ceiling and trying to convince him that the rat terriers won't eat him. Poor boy.

FireMarshall_Bill 5 years, 7 months ago

we like long walks on the beach, cuddling in front of a roaring fire, french kissing in the back of a cab, sharing a cigarette after a long passionate session of hot steamy sex(OK, I'm lying ....neither one of us smoke)

toby_young 5 years, 7 months ago

visiting the prisoners, helping some of them escape

tonythetiger 5 years, 7 months ago

Does that make Buttons a Pilch pooch?

tonythetiger 5 years, 7 months ago

Me and my doggs like hanging out on the street corner thumpin' tunes and watchin' girls in tight pants and tube tops...we drink Southern Comfort and gin and juice and smoke full flavors...Blunts and the Chronic. We ride together...and hang out on the coner waiting for the ho's to come ova...and we play tracks to listen to as we hang

Napoleon_Dynomite 5 years, 7 months ago

I like to play fetch with Bob Dylan albums and then we play tug 'o war with Canadian flags. Now there's some funny stuff

looza 5 years, 7 months ago

We both signed up for a Leg Hiking 101 class over at KU. We pull fleas off each others bodies and trade them. He shows me how to lick my package and drink outta the toilet and I got him working the T.V. remote and heating up chicken patties in the toaster oven. He's a good boy!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Sometimes we pretend to be architects.

trinity 5 years, 7 months ago

playing poker. nyuck,nyuck,nyuck.

BrianR 5 years, 7 months ago

We chase the tiny woodland creatures. Alas, we cannot climb trees so we never catch them.

spacehog 5 years, 7 months ago

What good are fans? You can't eat applause for breakfast. You can't sleep with it.-Bob Dylan

spacehog 5 years, 7 months ago

Right on, Ms. Canada! You're always too damn nice. It's refreshing to see you a little pissed off once in a while. We're all human. I could probably use a little more of your niceness.

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

This is what we do..take a good size dip net. center it over the dog food bowl, placing a couple of bricks on either side to guide and steady it..one in back so it doesn't slip out. Place another flat rock over the handle end. Now put a big snap swivel on the end of your line..run it up over something high (I use a tree limb off the redbud)..hook the snap swivel in the bottom of the net..and raise it up..this might take two people to coordinate. Sitting on the deck, with this rig about twenty feet out, we wait...starlings land in tree, get ready (open the bale and hold the line with your finger) When the starlings land in the food bowl to eat dog food, release and viola!! Dauchsand charges out and dispatches starling..This is a fantastic sport the whole family can enjoy.

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

anybody ever try dog fishing? I take my medium action rod with a Mitchell 300 spinning reel..generally use about 14 lb. test line...and troll in my living room with any little cat toy..a chartruse mouse with a roostertail works well...I've landed big yorkies and dauchsands...but be light on the drag as they are real fighters..Talk about having fun with the dogs??Oh, and the dauchsand really loves starling netting in the backyard..great way to get rid of those pest.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 7 months ago

Unnecessary licking and rolling in dead things. We also enjoy having cockle-burrs and ticks picked from our fur.snap, the lemurs must be trying to drown out the noise...

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

TOB, since I started playing Barry Manilow music in the lemur barn at night, the population has exploded.

invictus 5 years, 7 months ago

Chasing Bitches............sorry I couldn't resist ;)

Larry_The_Moocher 5 years, 7 months ago

Crapping in peoples yards I dont know and watching my owner walking off and leaving it for someone that does not own a dog to clean up.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 7 months ago

"Slighty off-topic, never take a herd of lemurs to a Putt-Putt course. That's the voice of bitter experience talking." SnapHow is the lemur farm working out?

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 7 months ago

We lie down in the sun........and lick........and lie some more

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

sgtwolverine 5 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, I don't have a dog, and I'm deeply offended. I demand a recount.

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

R_I, that humerus bone thing..kudos. there is another serious bone joke here but it best be let alone.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

I've seen a look in dogs' eyes,a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."John Steinbeck (1902-1968)---I love our daily walks, they are a blessing, source of strength. I wonder, if more people in the world had a good dalk to walk with, if our world would be happier and more peaceful.

dminear60 5 years, 7 months ago

bombshell: I did not mean to offend...just a thinly disguised attempt at humor after the more meaty topics of late.

bombshell 5 years, 7 months ago

maybe the question isn't solving the world's problems, but for people with dogs it may give locals more ideas for places to take their canine companions...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 7 months ago

This question is discriminating against folks that don't have canines. - T_O_BJust too meaty of a question for the toothless?

bombshell 5 years, 7 months ago

ms_c : you must be a cat person. its ok, you can tell us what you like to do with your cat.i like disc golfing with the pup. i'm not a cat person because they're of no use when it comes to frisbees

dminear60 5 years, 7 months ago

I am with Ms. C. How are we supposed to solve the problems of the world with bonehead questions like this one? Yawn.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 7 months ago

ms_c,I don't remember there being a serious bone in any body. But we do have humerus bones.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 7 months ago

Ms. Canada -Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I'm not used to such negativity out of you. Also, scienticians have proven the OTS is 96% fluff. This question is discriminating against folks that don't have canines. ACLU? Where are you in our time of need?

ms_canada 5 years, 7 months ago

I have come to the conclusion that this forum is nothing but a bunch of fluff 90% of the time. Nary a serious bone in the body.

coltrane 5 years, 7 months ago

walking to farmer's market & back

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 7 months ago

We seem to have grown apart.I am trying to enjoy and embrace life in the manner of a patrician, but the curmudgeon just gloweringly sits there licking himself.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 7 months ago

Jumping fences and attacking children and then getting into a protracted online debate based on the "facts" of the case.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh yeah, & internet "marketing".

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

My dog's greatest thrill in life is leaping into the marsh at a dead run and swimming out to fetch the mallard that just splashed...that, and barking at the mail carriers.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 7 months ago

My dogs and I have a "you scratch behind my ears, I scratch behind yours" understanding.

labmonkey 5 years, 7 months ago

I take my dog to the bars with me....he is my designated driver.

Nikki May 5 years, 7 months ago

My dog enjoys escaping and running down the street. I don't enjoy searching for him.

blue73harley 5 years, 7 months ago

Hang-gliding, chess games and archery.