Previous   Next

How are you spending your Labor Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 1, 2008

Browse the archives

“I’m going to be playing a show in Seattle.”

“Honestly? Drinking. We’ll see what happens from there.”

“I’m here all the way from northern Arizona to attend my son’s wedding.”

“It’s my birthday, so I’m going over to my parents’ house for dinner.”

Comments

coltrane 5 years, 10 months ago

dealing with messy City of Lawrence & School District politics.

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

Ceallach: I think a better smiley in that case would be %) Don't you think?

cutny 5 years, 10 months ago

OMG!!! What is with these men and those offensive insectoid sunglasses they've decided to wear? Following in the footsteps of those offensive Hollywood starlets. What a travesty!!!

Ceallach 5 years, 10 months ago

Resting and taking care of my granddog.****"Honestly? Drinking. We'll see what happens from there."- Zak Khalemsky, Kansas University freshman, Overland ParkZak, Zak, Zak!! Not only are you too young to be allowed to drink . . . you are obviously too dumb to be allowed to drink.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

R_I: you're shooting pacifists?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 10 months ago

Recovering from the weekend... city lights... wild nights ( some at a great height, some far from city blight ) ...... crying with the doves.

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

Haha, I didn't even notice that I posted under the other one earlier until now! I was just seeing if it still existed. It's funny, this one's been used since I didn't remember the other one, but it's actually my original account. I do like it better, since it mentions in the title that it's all just opinion.. . . quandary.

Linda Aikins 5 years, 10 months ago

Finishing Season 4 of Prison Break so we can see the opener tonight. I've yet to see inmate on there, unless he's really t-bag in "disguise."

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

R_I, that was two years ago! I can't remember that far back....Although I do remember lots of "Don't kill the nice friendly harmless doves!" hand-wringing.

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

yikes, I just passed 5000 posts. Maybe I should retire this account and go back to "jonas opines."

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

Actually, jonas, I think you should retire this one and start one called sanoj, and then write everything sdrawkcab.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

sgt.: I'm afraid that the very idea of how much time and mental energy dluow eb deriuqer ot etirw gnihtyreve sdrawkcab makes my skin crawl.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 10 months ago

I labored all day on Labor Day. And, I feel quite robbed.

ms_canada 5 years, 10 months ago

I think I will do a bit of labouring in my garden, like picking the tomatoes. And I am going to make a super good dinner with some shrimp and scallops and rice. Thats about all the labour I will do.It is a really nice day here. Sunny and warm, not hot. Frost had been forecast but did not materialize. Hooray!!! My tomatoes survived.

coltrane 5 years, 10 months ago

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

Ah! Well, in that case, hit them with your best shot. Fire away!(Yes, R_I, you're a real tough cookie.)

Ceallach 5 years, 10 months ago

jonas, it also makes readers eyes cross :)

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

Note to cutny, there have always been men wearing silly insectoid sunglasses, we have noticed before, we have commented on it before, and this mysoginistic thing is only in your head. And man, the last guy has some big'uns!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

I'm not spending it -- I'm putting it away for retirement.Oh ... that's not what they meant by "spending." Oops.Actually, I'm just staying at home all day, and I'm actually doing a little work. Friday was the first high school football game of the season here in Michigan, and I have to finish up some photo work from that (for that pesky newspaper deadline). But I'm not working all day; some friends are coming by a little later.