Previous   Next

Are you excited about homecoming?

Asked at Jayhawk Boulevard on October 25, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yeah. I’m in a sorority, so we’ve been participating in all the events, like the Jayhawk jingle contest and working on a float for the parade. We’re also all going to the pancake breakfast.”

“I’m a little excited, but not enough to brave some really cold weather. It all kind of depends on if the sun is shining for the parade, but I’ll probably go to the game either way.”

“It’s honestly just another game to me. In fact, I might just skip it depending on the weather.”

“I probably won’t be awake for the parade, but my friends are coming into town for the game. I hope we win, but it might be a tough one. Either way, I’ll be out there to support them.”

Comments

ryknow1976 5 years, 6 months ago

Donnuts (Anonymous) says:There was another article posted about animal cruelty and belief systems: I hope you all have the chance to go down to your local southern baptist church after the parade and participate:Yeah Donnuts, we know southern baptists, or any other like-minded monotheists participate in animal cruelty (particularly aimed at us human animals), but there's no need to invite the rest of us. That's what the crusades were for...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

Excited?It was a pretty good film, Lana Turner was pretty hot and all, but I don't know if I would be excited about it.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 6 months ago

Is today homecoming? Hmmm...Well I won't be going to the game but I'm reuniting with a bunch of girls that I haven't seen since high school and I'm sure the game will be on the t.v. Whether we watch any of it is another thing. I'm sure that'll be where all the husbands gather around while we catch up and talk about whose butt has gotten bigger.

tonythetiger 5 years, 6 months ago

No, I am too busy preparing for my public Thanksgiving meal.

BABBOY 5 years, 6 months ago

No. Homecoming is a high school thing. I more interested to see if they do the chant (rip your head off thing). Again, like homecoming, not opposed or really attached to it. Just curious more then anything.The game will be real interesting. It will tells whether KU is really a ranked team or just a team that is going to meaningless bowl. I think they win and prove they are a real top 20 team.

jonas_opines 5 years, 6 months ago

Pancakes!!No, not interested. While pancakes sound appealing, I can make them on my own quite well at home, and even decide to include little berries, sides of bacon, and sometimes eggs. Does Homecoming have anything good to offer other than just pancakes?

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

There was another article posted about animal cruelty and belief systems... I hope you all have the chance to go down to your local southern baptist church after the parade and participate:https://www.accesskansas.org/ssrv-registered-offender/searchName.do;jsessionid=B7B6B5373FF980FFD5F4C450A06http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZz_Q-qYPJc

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

I can't wait for the parade. There will be lots of people marching around with gallant stuff. Is there a pancake breakfast. Can I come?