Previous   Next

Do you think you could write a novel?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 19, 2008

Browse the archives

“Not a long one. I’ve written a few short stories, but I don’t think I could write an entire novel.”

“Yeah, I think I could. I’ve always had a lot of different ideas for story lines.”

“No. I’m not that into writing. I like reading them, but I don’t think I could.”

“Absolutely. I’ve been teaching for 36 years, so I’ve got a lot of human-interest material to work with.”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 6 years, 2 months ago

Already have, "Gone With the Lemurs" hits the bookstores next week.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

snap: "Gone With the Lemurs" hits the bookstores next week."For those awaiting the DVD, here's the teaser trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqqMPPg2VI

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

and hey, I heard that Colin Powell came out today or yesterday in support of Barrack Obama. Someone point me to Right-Thinker's reaction when that hits here, 'cuz it should be highly entertaining.

cutny 6 years, 2 months ago

She looked out into her backyard and could see Alaska. She knew something wasn't quite right...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

There was a mysterious scratching noise at my bedroom window...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

something that sounded like water dripping on sheet metal...

SMe 6 years, 2 months ago

He awoke to a strange odor and an even stranger color of sky...

dminear60 6 years, 2 months ago

I think I would rather write a biography.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

jonas: "After school."Ah... after school... another myth?Actually, mine was written decades ago...now I just need to find time to port and edit it.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

RET: "How do you port something from stone tablet?"I would tell you, if I could do so without also revealingthe secrets of the pyramids!

H_Lecter 6 years, 2 months ago

and while the curious and fearful looked outside, I opened the kitchen door. I was humming Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, op. 73 by Beethoven as I set the convection oven to 350 degrees and opened the pantry door. As I perused the pantry, I thought to myself how enjoyed the opening strings more than the piano, but for some reason the song followed me. Through the swinging door, in another room, I could hear...

cutny 6 years, 2 months ago

uh...oops...She looked out into her backyard and saw Russia. She knew something wasn't quite right.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

I wrote a 130 page mythological history to a world, that I intend to write a series of novels on top of, but there's that elusive thing called spare time, and it will be a long project. After school.

beatrice 6 years, 2 months ago

I just finished my first book. ... Pretty soon, I'm gonna read another. -- Rodney Dangerfield

David Lignell 6 years, 2 months ago

"If I had to give young writers advice, I would say don't listen to writers talking about writing or themselves."- Lillian Hellman

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

Ernest said, "The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in,shock-proof shhh detector."

David Lignell 6 years, 1 month ago

Pywacket,I know, let's write about writer's block...and then add the clever, original twist that it was all just a dream. Glad you liked the quote. It's one of my favorites. Dave