Previous   Next

Are you going to watch Late Night in the Phog?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yeah, we were just talking about going. I’m really looking forward to seeing the scrimmage.”

“I’m going. I’ve never been before because they usually have it during fall break, but I’m a huge basketball fan and I hear they’re going to drop the championship banner, so I’m excited to see that.”

“Yes, I am. I’ve gone to seven or eight of them now. I’m KU born and raised. I’m excited about the banner. I want to see the new recruits play and also see the players that are considering signing.”

“Yes, but unfortunately I have to work so I can only watch it on TV.”

Related story

Comments

ms_canada 5 years, 6 months ago

Well, as far as sports goes, I have had enough excitement for one night. I just finished watching the Rockford Icehogs trounce the Iowa Chops 6 - 3 and the excitement came when my grandson got his first goal of the season. He also got 2 assists and was first star of the game. Yea! Robbie, way to go. Makes a gramas heart beat faster. Rob is an Icehog this year having moved from Norfolk, Virginia Admirals.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, the Fab Five produced more hype than results, and their misdeeds really helped ruin what used to be a pretty good basketball program. Sooner or later they might manage to resurrect it back into a program worth watching -- there are glimmers of hope now -- but I'm not holding my breath. Michigan is a football school.

couranna1 5 years, 6 months ago

The only cool thing about lawrence is KU hoops

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

doesn't that thing start at midnight? tell me what happened. I will probably collapse from total exhaustion after the OU game.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

hey sgtwolverine! time out! time out! It was such a shame the fab five couldn't count.

rantor 5 years, 6 months ago

I never cared for Steve Fisher or the way he let his player be classless, even before the fab five.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

R_I, I'm not sure the guys from Queer Eye are really fab. Maybe they should be called the Somewhat Okay But Not Great And Actually Pretty Obnoxious Five Who Would Be Better In A Silent Movie. Or is that too long?Anyway:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/02tourney/2002-03-27-cover-fab5.htm

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

sgt,I thought the fav five were those guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? They played basketball at Michigan?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

At $55 dollars a seat, the economic downturn has affected my overall mood.

ms_canada 5 years, 6 months ago

Well now, I was so intrigued by today's question that I just had to look at the related story to find out what this mysterious happening could possibly be. After reading the first four paragraphs I am still definitely in the fog (phog). I only understood one word,- basketball - oh- make that two words, also Canada, I understood that word. They sat ignorance is bliss. It is true.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

Wait, is this that "college basketball" thing again? We here in the Ann Arbor area are unfamiliar with this idea; the last time it existed here was during the Fab Five era, which the NCAA says we're not supposed to remember but we do anyway.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

Sue, I've got my hands in my pockets. Whoops, that's not MY pocket.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 6 months ago

"snap, is that you standing next to me? I can't see in all this phog. Hey! Who just grabbed me?"

PapaB 5 years, 6 months ago

Why, so I can be deceived by how well these new players score against no to little defense?I loved it the last couple years when co-workers went on about how good Jeremy Case (or insert any role player here) is and how he might average 20 points a game because he made wide-open shots in a scrimmage.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

My TV set is indoors, so I can catch Conan sans "phog."

Deja Coffin 5 years, 6 months ago

I used to always go when I was younger. We were going to take the oldest girl but she's sick. So instead of late night in the Phog, it'll be long day in the bathroom. I hate it when my babies are sick!!!

ToteAlongShaker 5 years, 6 months ago

ok, i laughed at all three of those comments.i would love to go if i have some free time that night.

prospector 5 years, 6 months ago

Watch? Is it televised? Attend? NoBe in the Phog? Mostly

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 6 months ago

Aren't most nights in Lawrence a late nate in the phog?

blue73harley 5 years, 6 months ago

No but I am typically in the fog late at night.