Previous   Next

What is your favorite pumpkin food?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“I don’t really like pumpkin, but I love roasted pumpkin seeds with garlic or curry.”

“My wife takes ground beef, water chestnuts, brown rice and cream of mushroom soup and bakes it inside a small pumpkin like a casserole. Then we just slice it up and eat it all together.”

“Pumpkin pie cheesecake, but I love any kind of flavored cheesecake.”

“I just like pumpkin pie. I think it’s good any time of year.”

Related story

Comments

Xwards 5 years, 6 months ago

My homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top.

Agnostick 5 years, 6 months ago

George_Braziller: You may find this hard to believe, but the Cool Whip is optional.Personally, I'll always take a bit of vanilla ice cream over any kind of whipped topping, including freshly-whipped cream.--Ag

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 6 months ago

My sweet potato pie. Everyone says it's the best pumpkin pie they've ever eaten!;D

Mike Blur 5 years, 6 months ago

Walkdog262, commenters on this forum never read the article before posting. They just skip straight to the comments section.

thebcman 5 years, 6 months ago

I didn't realize you were supposed to feed the pumpkins.

George_Braziller 5 years, 6 months ago

Ag - Sorry, when I read the recipe and it called for a "dollop of Cool Whip" I just about lost my cookies. That is the nastiest thing that has ever been created that is passed off as food. Cheez Whiz in a can is the only thing that tops it.

Gootsie 5 years, 6 months ago

pumpkin pie pancakes at IHOP

Agnostick 5 years, 6 months ago

There are hundreds of variations on this... but here is the one that seems closest to the one we enjoyed two or three years ago:http://tasteoftwinsburg.blogspot.com/2007/11/pumpkin-dump-cake.htmlI guarantee you: Once you take the first bite, you'll toss your fork or spoon into the sink, and head out back of the house to fetch a shovel... it's that good!--Ag

Sheila Hooper White 5 years, 6 months ago

Pumpkin pie, cheesecake, bread, cookies, muffins. My family will eat any of these I make. I also make pumpkin cheesecakes for friends and family. That can't wait till this time of year to find out who gets the few that I make. I've even sold a few to others that have tried the ones my friends and family get. I love this time of year. The house smells soooo good!!!

George_Braziller 5 years, 6 months ago

The pumpkin roll that my mom makes every year at Thanksgiving just for me. She makes apple dumplings for everyone else but I have a BAD association with cooked apples that goes back 30+ years. I won't go into the details but it involves eating a bunch of apple crisp and an apple dumpling before going to bed and then coming down with the flu in the middle of the night. Ick. Can't eat cooked or raw apples to this day.

born_to_run 5 years, 6 months ago

Yum, the donuts sound good. Do you have a recipe for that?I love anything pumpkin! Especially, pie; and a friend of mine makes a wonderful pumpkin chocolate cheecake combo.

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

Homemade pumpkin spice donuts with garlic butter cinnamon and clove.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 6 months ago

I submitted my response early enough in the morning that I didn't really pay attention to the OTS pics/responses. Levi sure bears a strong resemblance to Adam Savage, doesn't he?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

Hmm... "pumpkin food"... is that anything like those "cheese food" products?

trinity 5 years, 6 months ago

why bother with a straw, hawklet21? just put your face into the punkin' and start sippin'! :)btw-how much makeup are YOU wearing today???

walkdog262 5 years, 6 months ago

I can't believe nobody has commented about the second guy's response. He uses a pumpkin shell as a casserole! Sweet.

coolmom 5 years, 6 months ago

pie would be the number 1 but i like the bread as well and get a lot of requests for it. i normally give a loaf of pumpkin bread in a basket and a couple of the pumkin brews available at this time of year for each neighbor and the kids teachers.

vavs0929 5 years, 6 months ago

pumpkin cream cheese on a bagel from einstein brothers. YUM

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

Pumpkins are for eating, not just smashing?

Tony Kisner 5 years, 6 months ago

Pumkin spice latte from Starbucks. Coffee is food right?

prospector 5 years, 6 months ago

Halloween candy. Well. it comes from one of those plastic ones you get after the kid you are chasing out of your yard with a pick ax drops it.

hawklet21 5 years, 6 months ago

autie, you forgot one thing: a straw! :)

Marion Lynn 5 years, 6 months ago

fabian_zimbabwe (Anonymous) says: Carve up the sucker after October 31 and make a nice, hoppy pumpkin homebrew. I do it most every year:kind of like liquid pumpkin pie with a nice kick."Marion writes:Oh,l like that!Have to give it a shot, as it were!

fabian_zimbabwe 5 years, 6 months ago

Carve up the sucker after October 31 and make a nice, hoppy pumpkin homebrew. I do it most every year...kind of like liquid pumpkin pie with a nice kick.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

Working off of Marion's idea..go a bit further. Take a small pumpkin and clean out the insides, then fill it with vodka...maybe a splash of cinnamon and allspice. A little mango juice. A pumpkin cooler?? Happy Halloween.

BABBOY 5 years, 6 months ago

Not a big pumpkin eater. Marion has a good idea. I will eat pumpkin pie but I do not really crave it or anything.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

I believe Marion has hit on a capital idea...a great dinner party idea for the fall season. A pumpkin ice chest, damn. Why didn't I think of that..

Eric Neuteboom 5 years, 6 months ago

Good idea Marion! I'll have to bust out the pumpkin cooler when we carve!

Marion Lynn 5 years, 6 months ago

Well, you see, you cut out the top of the pumpkin, then clean out the inside, fill the pumpkin with ice and insert a couple of bottles of beer or wine and wait for them to cool.Works on mixed drinks also if you use the right kind of glass.

preebo 5 years, 6 months ago

I've gotta go with roasted pumpkin seeds as well.

workin2hard 5 years, 6 months ago

pumpkin bread is awesome. and pumpkin pie for breakfast is the bomb

notajayhawk 5 years, 6 months ago

Pumpkin-ka-bobs (you need a big stick).

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

A pumpkin seed sitting on a bacon cheeseburger.

jonas_opines 5 years, 6 months ago

Wow, that's a Great Pumpkin Pie, Charlie Brown!Thanks Linus.