Previous   Next

Are you more interested in the vice presidential debate than you were in the last presidential debate?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 2, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, because Palin hasn’t been too quick with her responses so far, and Biden is bound to say something he’ll regret. So it should be fun to watch.”

“Yes, I am. I want to see how Governor Palin responds to the questions asked and how Biden reacts to her answers, whether he’ll hold back or be more aggressive.”

“Definitely not, because I think Sarah Palin is an idiot.”

“Yes, I am more interested. I guess primarily I want to see how Palin will disagree with her previously stated positions, and also to see how she will carry herself and handle the pressure.”

Related story

Comments

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

Let's see...Presidential debate interest level: 0.Vice presidential debate interest level: 0.So ... no, not really. But, like Jonas, I'm really looking forward to reading seventy hundred conflicting reports on the debate. See, televised political debates are like figure skating: the scoring is subjective and doesn't make a lot of sense, so you can never really know who won.

trinity 6 years, 2 months ago

pancakes, mmmmmmmmmm....me me me, snap! :)and i will be watching the debate, even though i agree with emily from illinois. i wanna see ms alaska runner up get all frustrated&run off the stage crying. oooo i am one evil beeyotch today!

TecmoSuperBowlChristianOkoye 6 years, 2 months ago

Palin will give several non-answers to the questions filled with platitudes that the idiots among us will eat up. Then the media will declare the debate a rousing success for her because she managed not to drool on herself. Meanwhile Biden will give thoughtful answers and the media will rip him for being boring. Our "debates" are pointless when the media/viewers focus on everything EXCEPT what the candidates are actually saying.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 2 months ago

I wish I could remember the name of a little diner in Green Bay where I got the best blueberry pancakes I ever had in my life. Each one was the size of a hubcap. I like biscuits too.

BorderRat 6 years, 2 months ago

After the debate, she'll teach Biden to shoot a Long Bow and skin a Moose.

oldvet 6 years, 2 months ago

Oh Emily... at least Sarah Palin can get smarter... you, on the other hand, will remain ugly forever...

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

Palin is a man, baby!( and, BTW, "Truthteller," that was an overwhelmingly unattractive comment. )

jonas 6 years, 2 months ago

No, I figure I'll wait until its over and get a clear and unbiased view of what actually occurred from the posters on the thread about the debate. Palin will be an idiot yet eloquently understated (oh, and hot!), Biden will be a hardened veteran yet a blabbering fool, the moderator will be totally biased yet fair, and both Palin and Biden will win and lose.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

McCain/Palin... nuke-u-ler mavericks!( What IS it with that inability to pronounce a simple word? ... like that stiff little pinky of the Invaders! )

christie 6 years, 2 months ago

I can see the stars, therefore I'm a star-man - so I'm going to get into my rocket and fly.Sarah Palin is a THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY.Put COUNTRY FIRST - VOTE OBAMA / BIDEN.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

So what do you consider good humor? I'm guessing Blazing Saddles

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

invictus, I, for one, have never called Palin dumb. I think that she is just utterly ignorant. There is a difference. I also think that women can be both smart and gorgeous. I've met several OTSers that have proven that. Also, ugly women can be quite dumb. As can ugly men. Conversely, all gorgeous men are dumb. Nah! Just kiddin ya! Cute dudes can be smarticle too. (As long as they have facial hair.) ;) Kiddin!

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

I would watch the debate tonight but Hole In the Wall is on........so kidding.

kansas778 6 years, 2 months ago

I think I'm going to vote for Chuck Baldwin.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

Ms_C, our vote doesn't always get our chosen one into office, either.

BigPrune 6 years, 2 months ago

I've seen Palin debate when she ran for governor and she was great. If she does great tonight, the press will report that Biden is the winner because Obama is their man (even the moderator's man). It's okay, the American people will believe the press because they are idiots. Most of our younger adults actually get the news from the left leaning Daily Show and they think Saturday Night Live is funny. They are so deprived of good humor.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

,;-D"...Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,I hate to leave you, but I really must say,Oh Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight."

volunteer 6 years, 2 months ago

So far it seems to be tag team. Gwen and Joe v. Sara.

ms_canada 6 years, 2 months ago

I hear that fangorn has a great recipe for blueberry pancakes. I would have some of those for sure. And for sure I will be watching the debate. Now which debate will I watch, you may ask. Biden and Palin or Harper, Layton, Elizabeth May and Stephan Dion. They are all on the tube tonight. You may not know, you yanks, but we canucks don't actually get to cast a vote for our Prime Minister. The party that elects the most members of parliament forms the government and the party leader is the Prime Minister. I just vote for my local constituent man on the ballot. Quite a different system than for you people.

bombshell 6 years, 2 months ago

Why yes, Invictus, you're right... I do fall in the "bombshell with incredibly high IQ" category... thank you for making sure that people know our category exists.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

Sue, us cute dudes with facial hair thank you for recognizing our intelligence.

gogoplata 6 years, 2 months ago

We are wasting trillions of dollars making the world "safe for democracy" and look at what we have here. We get to choose our president but the only choices that are fairly presented are the republican and democrat. Its like telling someone they get to choose what to eat for dinner as long as it is either pea soup or liver and onions. Add in the greens, independents, libertarians, and the constitution party then I'll watch. Palin and Biden both suck.

ndmoderate 6 years, 2 months ago

"The Man With Multiple Positions."!!!I think I saw a movie tape with that title on it under my parents' bed when I was a kid...

redneck 6 years, 2 months ago

Not wasting my time with the silly debate. They all tell us what we want to hear & then do whatever they want when they get into office. They are all a bunch of liars anyway. The one with the most money will win because they can buy more TV time & newspaper space. I say vote for anybody but the the 2 major party candidates.

bombshell 6 years, 2 months ago

Palin is an ignoramous.Get the beer ready - this should be a fun show tonight. Again, Palin is an ignoramous.

bombshell 6 years, 2 months ago

oldvet - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. personally i think emily is very pretty in a more natural, hippie-ish sort of way... which i prefer over palin's giant overdone hair do's and mannish jaw line. to each his/her own, i guess.

beatrice 6 years, 2 months ago

No. Give me the meat of the Presidential debates over the potato of the vp debates any day. I wonder if Palin will be asked why she thinks so many American students can't locate the United States on a map.

bombshell 6 years, 2 months ago

Invictus - unfortunately, Palin does not fall in the smart and pretty category. She falls in the pretty and manipulative and unworldly idiotic category.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

I'm going to go watch it at Trinity's house. (We can be evil together...I'll bring the voodoo doll.)