Previous   Next

Are you more interested in the vice presidential debate than you were in the last presidential debate?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 2, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, because Palin hasn’t been too quick with her responses so far, and Biden is bound to say something he’ll regret. So it should be fun to watch.”

“Yes, I am. I want to see how Governor Palin responds to the questions asked and how Biden reacts to her answers, whether he’ll hold back or be more aggressive.”

“Definitely not, because I think Sarah Palin is an idiot.”

“Yes, I am more interested. I guess primarily I want to see how Palin will disagree with her previously stated positions, and also to see how she will carry herself and handle the pressure.”

Related story

Comments

Truthteller 5 years, 6 months ago

autie:"I've been a judge at some debates contests. Sarah just got her a** handed to her. Oh my God..if anybody has a half a brain..vote for Obama. please:This thing was kind of like watching Sondra Bolluck in Ms. Congeniality.."That's not what they're saying in the post-debate commentaries. Even PBS's Mark Shields and CNN's Paul Begala said Palin did an excellent job. Those are Obama supporters.And wouldn't someone with half a brain know how to spell Sandra Bullock's name correctly? (Of course, if you had seen that movie you would know that Bullock's character initially gave an intelligent answer, but then realized she had to wish for world peace, just like the other contestants.)

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

Palin is a man, baby!( and, BTW, "Truthteller," that was an overwhelmingly unattractive comment. )

Truthteller 5 years, 6 months ago

Has anyone else noticed that those who oppose Palin are overwhelmingly unattractive women and effeminate men? Emily from Downers Grove is definitely part of the former group.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

,;-D"...Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,I hate to leave you, but I really must say,Oh Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight."

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm tired and I want to go to bedI had a little drink just before the debateand I wanna go to bed.....If McCain and Praline get elected, you're gonna need a bigger boat!!!how's that for a metaphor???

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

at times one must remember to take things in its context...My dear tangential. There are more things in heaven and earth than your science can speak to..loosely speaking..A total corruption of a quote but you know what I mean..blame it on the scotch..or not..

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

come on tangential...I remember some goood ole conversation like we had...that ole bndairdunthat.. or whatever..YOu all new that lingo real good...some thin like that yankee girl was kinda of smart mouthed but had a flavor to her??? Good thing they didn't say nothin bout how she hates the polar bears...or those native Alaskans...or how much stuff she didn't get from them greed ass yankee oil boys...Or none of them high fluttin yankee books in that ther library in Wisallallallassalll. Good thing she just a regular ole mericn girl..you reckon?

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

OK, guys..all the talk about the middle class? hard working folks thinking about sending their kids to college and paying their mortgage?? HEY! thats me I think. If you have always done what you have alway done, you will get the same old thing....??right?Let's do something different. I want a better world for my daughter and grandkids..Let's brake the bonds of the old world and move forward. The one without all the self created hell that Marion and Tom would have us believe is real. It can be a brave new world if we just think..and move forward..

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

McCain/Palin... nuke-u-ler mavericks!( What IS it with that inability to pronounce a simple word? ... like that stiff little pinky of the Invaders! )

kansas778 5 years, 6 months ago

I think I'm going to vote for Chuck Baldwin.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

Marion? Tom shureworm? Is this what you guys really believe in? Get a grip on youselves. And hopefully she'll get the hair out of her face...can you really vote for the bobbysocks girl?

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

I've been a judge at some debates contests. Sarah just got her a** handed to her. Oh my God..if anybody has a half a brain..vote for Obama. please...This thing was kind of like watching Sondra Bolluck in Ms. Congeniality..how many times did she say "I wanna put the government back on the people's side, and get rid of the greed and corruption on Wall Street and in Washington." and she said it a lot....and maverick..she had said it like six time so far..and again, greed and corruption on wall sreet.. is this change? I think, hells NO!!!

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

It's got a cream filling just like a Oreo cookie. Are you asking yourself what this has to do with anything? Well, when... (censored) I asked myself what it had to do with anything as well.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

Are those horn removal scars on Joe Bidens sides of his forehead?

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

Yes, Sarah makes my little Chocolate Long John just want to stand on end like a fudgepop.Whew, once you try fudge, you'll never go back baby.Watch this one of Sarah Palin. It is a great quote.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk9w9iK-P_s

redneck 5 years, 6 months ago

Not wasting my time with the silly debate. They all tell us what we want to hear & then do whatever they want when they get into office. They are all a bunch of liars anyway. The one with the most money will win because they can buy more TV time & newspaper space. I say vote for anybody but the the 2 major party candidates.

volunteer 5 years, 6 months ago

So far it seems to be tag team. Gwen and Joe v. Sara.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

well holy jezus bndairdundat...y'all don't make me go on back to my country coon back side..now. I got s me one of them ole hippies from them ole days and she cuter than a tree frog on the side of the house on sunshine mornin. We sits around and reminiss bout them days when we use ta grow your on and not pay them fedral govement taxes...made our on smoke and our moonshine too..get high as a hoot owl and go messin with sasquatch..reckon ole Sarah Palin done some of that too..when she weren't being no beauty queen..or fixin parkin tickets..or burnin them books, or at least wantin too?? With all that said, I don't reckon I'd vote for her if she was a runnin for dog catcher...cant stand that faux reckonin..if you know what I mean..peace out and power to the people..

christie 5 years, 6 months ago

I can see the stars, therefore I'm a star-man - so I'm going to get into my rocket and fly.Sarah Palin is a THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY.Put COUNTRY FIRST - VOTE OBAMA / BIDEN.

bndairdundat 5 years, 6 months ago

Autie,I'm not slight bilt, and I still gots most of my teeth,('cepting the front ones) but you gots my description purty close with that one. Us good lookin' dawgs gotta stick together else them city gurls will take us away from our brush queens out here in the toolies.

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

Darn it, I missed the fun for awhile. So I'm thinking..after reading so many post by Mr. I...he must be a slight built man about 60..wearing jean overalls and either a John Deere cap or one of those Cat Diesel Power caps..false teeth, weather worn face, thining to no hair and JC Penny work boots..Now me on the other hand...just like Dusty Rhodes..I'm sooo pretty. PS. sunflower, I got the facial hair thing goin on too..and personally I like the smart pretty hippie looking types. That's why I married my wife.

iloveribs 5 years, 6 months ago

I hope that Palin wears something low cut and something that pushes those things up.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 6 months ago

So what do you consider good humor? I'm guessing Blazing Saddles

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

I've seen Palin debate when she ran for governor and she was great. If she does great tonight, the press will report that Biden is the winner because Obama is their man (even the moderator's man). It's okay, the American people will believe the press because they are idiots. Most of our younger adults actually get the news from the left leaning Daily Show and they think Saturday Night Live is funny. They are so deprived of good humor.

bndairdundat 5 years, 6 months ago

I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I git better lookin' each day - - - - -

bndairdundat 5 years, 6 months ago

Oooooh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when yer perfect in every way - - - -

bombshell 5 years, 6 months ago

oldvet - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. personally i think emily is very pretty in a more natural, hippie-ish sort of way... which i prefer over palin's giant overdone hair do's and mannish jaw line. to each his/her own, i guess.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 6 months ago

I would watch the debate tonight but Hole In the Wall is on........so kidding.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

Sue, us cute dudes with facial hair thank you for recognizing our intelligence.

Donnuts 5 years, 6 months ago

Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes you don't.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

I wish I could remember the name of a little diner in Green Bay where I got the best blueberry pancakes I ever had in my life. Each one was the size of a hubcap. I like biscuits too.

oldvet 5 years, 6 months ago

Oh Emily... at least Sarah Palin can get smarter... you, on the other hand, will remain ugly forever...

gogoplata 5 years, 6 months ago

We are wasting trillions of dollars making the world "safe for democracy" and look at what we have here. We get to choose our president but the only choices that are fairly presented are the republican and democrat. Its like telling someone they get to choose what to eat for dinner as long as it is either pea soup or liver and onions. Add in the greens, independents, libertarians, and the constitution party then I'll watch. Palin and Biden both suck.

invictus 5 years, 6 months ago

I'll get of my soapbox. I am just so good-looking and intelligent that I am confronted with this prejudice quite often;)

bombshell 5 years, 6 months ago

Why yes, Invictus, you're right... I do fall in the "bombshell with incredibly high IQ" category... thank you for making sure that people know our category exists.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 6 months ago

Ms_C, our vote doesn't always get our chosen one into office, either.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 6 months ago

invictus, I, for one, have never called Palin dumb. I think that she is just utterly ignorant. There is a difference. I also think that women can be both smart and gorgeous. I've met several OTSers that have proven that. Also, ugly women can be quite dumb. As can ugly men. Conversely, all gorgeous men are dumb. Nah! Just kiddin ya! Cute dudes can be smarticle too. (As long as they have facial hair.) ;) Kiddin!

invictus 5 years, 6 months ago

I can deduct which category you fall into. I guess "bombshell" is an ironic name?

ms_canada 5 years, 6 months ago

I hear that fangorn has a great recipe for blueberry pancakes. I would have some of those for sure. And for sure I will be watching the debate. Now which debate will I watch, you may ask. Biden and Palin or Harper, Layton, Elizabeth May and Stephan Dion. They are all on the tube tonight. You may not know, you yanks, but we canucks don't actually get to cast a vote for our Prime Minister. The party that elects the most members of parliament forms the government and the party leader is the Prime Minister. I just vote for my local constituent man on the ballot. Quite a different system than for you people.

bombshell 5 years, 6 months ago

Invictus - unfortunately, Palin does not fall in the smart and pretty category. She falls in the pretty and manipulative and unworldly idiotic category.

invictus 5 years, 6 months ago

Why do ugly women think that pretty women are automatically less intelligent than they are? I guess they cling to the hope there is some kind of fairness in the universe. I hate to break it to you, but some people are ugly and dumb while others are pretty and smart.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm going to go watch it at Trinity's house. (We can be evil together...I'll bring the voodoo doll.)

mustbhiorlo 5 years, 6 months ago

I look forward to the debate, it is going to be hilarious!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNHgJH2680

TecmoSuperBowlChristianOkoye 5 years, 6 months ago

Palin will give several non-answers to the questions filled with platitudes that the idiots among us will eat up. Then the media will declare the debate a rousing success for her because she managed not to drool on herself. Meanwhile Biden will give thoughtful answers and the media will rip him for being boring. Our "debates" are pointless when the media/viewers focus on everything EXCEPT what the candidates are actually saying.

BorderRat 5 years, 6 months ago

After the debate, she'll teach Biden to shoot a Long Bow and skin a Moose.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

Let's see...Presidential debate interest level: 0.Vice presidential debate interest level: 0.So ... no, not really. But, like Jonas, I'm really looking forward to reading seventy hundred conflicting reports on the debate. See, televised political debates are like figure skating: the scoring is subjective and doesn't make a lot of sense, so you can never really know who won.

beatrice 5 years, 6 months ago

No. Give me the meat of the Presidential debates over the potato of the vp debates any day. I wonder if Palin will be asked why she thinks so many American students can't locate the United States on a map.

ndmoderate 5 years, 6 months ago

"The Man With Multiple Positions."!!!I think I saw a movie tape with that title on it under my parents' bed when I was a kid...

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 6 months ago

"I guess primarily I want to see how Palin will disagree with her previously stated positions...."OTS'r-Stephen Rupp.Exactly the way half of America or more feels about Obama, The Man With Multiple Positions. Maybe when he reduces taxes for 30% of Americans who don't pay taxes, we'll all somehow understand it.

bombshell 5 years, 6 months ago

Palin is an ignoramous.Get the beer ready - this should be a fun show tonight. Again, Palin is an ignoramous.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 6 months ago

Sam Jones is basically saying what I'm hoping for. A trainwreck tonight would be so awesome."did snap say pancakes?? Can I get bicsuits and gravy with that?"Damn you to Hades, Snap and Autie. I have no pancakes nor gravy. I will console myself with a delicious toasted buttery biscuit.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 6 months ago

It's Name Your Car Day today...Wonder if I should name mine Sarah...

trinity 5 years, 6 months ago

pancakes, mmmmmmmmmm....me me me, snap! :)and i will be watching the debate, even though i agree with emily from illinois. i wanna see ms alaska runner up get all frustrated&run off the stage crying. oooo i am one evil beeyotch today!

autie 5 years, 6 months ago

did snap say pancakes?? Can I get bicsuits and gravy with that?I am most curious to see this tonight. To see how she does after the training hiatus in Sedona..The Cinderella story vs. the old Washington insider.. Some how I believe despite the coaching and cramming for the test, she will trip up along the way and provide some good comedic relief for this here election.

jonas 5 years, 6 months ago

No, I figure I'll wait until its over and get a clear and unbiased view of what actually occurred from the posters on the thread about the debate. Palin will be an idiot yet eloquently understated (oh, and hot!), Biden will be a hardened veteran yet a blabbering fool, the moderator will be totally biased yet fair, and both Palin and Biden will win and lose.

blue73harley 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm just going to watch the replay on SNL.