Previous   Next

What’s the best Christmas present you ever bought?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 28, 2008

Browse the archives

KU license tag for my Dad.”

“I bought my boyfriend a Wii.”

“I surprised my girlfriend with a necklace from Tiffany’s.”

“An Ithaca 20-gauge shotgun for my wife.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

Diamond earrings for my then girlfriend, now wife.

beastshawnee 6 years ago

Bought? Bought? How about handmade? How about found in a recycle bin? How about a treasure from Goodwill? How about a present of Time or Tender Loving Care? Remember that the best gifts are from the heart, not the wallet this Christmas and every giving time! Happy Holidays! (Christmas, Channakah, Kwanza, etc...)

Pinhead_Identifier 6 years ago

A vacum sweeper for my wife. The ungrateful troll filed for divorce the next day and I didn't see it coming at all. I knew whe was a pinhead when I meant her, but boy could that pinheaded gal throw it down for a guy!

Chris Ogle 6 years ago

Bathroom scales, which put me on the road to freedom (without even a towel or fork).Next time, I am going to give her a dishwasher.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Last year I made a series of scrolls with Chinese characters and watercolor nature scenes. Two of them looked very good. The third was okay.Past that, my Lego Star Destroyer, but I bought that for myself.

Richard Heckler 6 years ago

That remains to or may never be decided considering some local opportunities:Local buying opportunities include:Fair Trade Market Friday and Saturday, Nov. 28-28, ECM, 9:00-5:00Bizaare Baazar Saturday, Nov. 29, Lawrence Arts Center, 9:00 - 5:00Van Go Holiday party Saturday, Nov. 29, 7:30 pm, 715 New JerseyHoliday Farmer's Mkt Saturday, Dec. 13, 8:00 am, Knights of ColumbusHave a joyful and peaceful season!

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

I have no idea. Not much into the whole "buying" Christmas gifts thing. Best gift I ever got was a queen-sized sampler afghan (in cream) that my mom knit for me. She made 3 others that year and gave them to my sibs. She is now doing the same thing for her grandkids. I love that woman!

spammer89 6 years ago

Whatever I buy myself!!!!!!!!!!

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

The best present I ever bought was for myself...more time with someone dear to me.Selfish bastard, I.

geekin_topekan 6 years ago

A few rough cut planks of red oak which I planed into usable boards and fasioned into a deacon's bench for my mother.

BaxterC 6 years ago

It's hard to have a cool answer when someone has already said gun.

H_Lecter 6 years ago

A human foot imported from the coast of British Columbia, Canada.

Newell_Post 6 years ago

A bale of hay. I'm not kidding. My girlfriend had a cat that she loved like crazy. But the cat was an outdoor creature and wouldn't stay inside for very long. Being Christmas, it was getting cold outside, and she was worried about the cat having a comfortable place to nap. She made a "nest" from the hay and cat and girlfriend were very happy.

labmonkey 6 years ago

Cmon Ryan, you are trying too hard. Everyone knows you never had a girlfriend.

BuffyloGal 5 years, 12 months ago

I knew after our first date that I was going to marry my husband so a year and a half later I bought him a CD player which was 18 years ago so rather pricey. He thought I was too generous, but I knew it was for both of us and it was. We married before the next Christmas. The player didn't last, but we're still going.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 12 months ago

I bought a licensed autographed Superbowl MVP Photo of Tom Brady for my Patriots loving husband. Althought he'd say the PS2 I got him when we were dating was probably one of his favorites........big regret on my part for the first few years of our relationship. I just love giving gifts and so my favorites to give now are gift baskets full of some home made and some bought items. Everybody is getting hot/cold packs this year!!

Newell_Post 5 years, 12 months ago

LOL. Multi...: somehow, I think that necklace may have been better for the milkman than for his lady....