Previous   Next

What’s your favorite thing to do with leftover turkey?

Asked at Five Guys Burger & Fries, 2040 W. 31st St. on November 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“You gotta make sandwiches out of it … turkey, mayonnaise and salt, that’s it.”

“We make sandwiches for work.”

“My favorite thing is making turkey noodle soup. … It’s different every time.”

“I like to eat her turkey soup. … It’s got good bones and soft meat.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

Turkey sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey gravy, turkey hash, turkey a la king, and gallons of turkey soup!

Chris Ogle 6 years ago

Plant it in my turkey garden. Someday I am going to have a spring turkey harvest. Eat a little and plant the rest.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

Home winterization... filling all those little cracks and gaps exposed by the cold autumn wind.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

BTW, Multi, I see you've already claimed post of the day with your christening contribution.

labmonkey 6 years ago

RI-Why do you think mountain lions have increased in Kansas? It has coincided nicely with the rise of wild turkeys.

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

multi - I was actually paraphrasing a movie quote. I've never had turkey soup myself. Anyone know from which movie that quote is?

Chris Ogle 6 years ago

I wonder if you can eat those things.... That would take care of our leftovers...

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

Trying to dilute this traditional, North American holiday withacross-the-pond water?

Buggie7 6 years ago

Turkey sandwhiches with lots of mayo and Turkey and Noodles. Not soup but the thick stuff.

H_Lecter 6 years ago

Leftover skulls, leftover turkey, the coincidences of life.Some times those skulls just scream to be stuffed with turkey... or maybe they just scream

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Turkey and noodles over a heaping pile of mashed potatoes. Pure comfort.

ms_canada 6 years ago

Lunch on Friday will be Turkey soup and a turkey sandwich with lots of cranberry sauce in the sandwich and lots of veg in the soup. Also have a good recipe for turkey/noodle/broccoli casserole with a topping of grated mozza. Too bad we aren't celebrating Thanksgiving here today.we do that in October. I am now scouting up a goose, a big goose for Christmas. we love our goose at Christmas. I will brine it. Have any of you gals ever brined a turkey? the result is the best, BEST tasting turkey or goose you will ever have, I will never roast a plain turkey ever again.

Keith 6 years ago

I'm going to put the carcass in a plastic bag, then a paper bag, then a garbage bag, and put it all in the trash can. It will be called turplaspapergarcan.

KSChick1 6 years ago

Keith, I just spit half of my leftover turkey sammich onto my monitor when I read your comment. Classic!You get 110% for that one!!!!!!!!

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

Sorry, multi. Wasn't meaining to mess with your head. It's just everytime I hear of leftover turkey all I can think of is the end of one of my favorite movies, "A Christmas Story", where the Bumpas dogs eat it and adult Ralphie says:"The heavenly aroma still hung in the house. But it was gone, all gone! No turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey a la King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, ALL GONE!"

leadstone 6 years ago

I'm putting the bones out in my gopher holes. maybe I can choke a few out so the neighbor kids will stop screaming at the pile of rodent corpses next to the roll-off. If not, at least I can plug the holes. I always try to use everything.

Mixolydian 6 years ago

Saucy Tom sandwiches:TurkeyCranberry SauceWhole wheat home made bread

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Ms_C, to brine, or not to brine? That is the question.A: definitely...to brine!!! Once you brine, you'll never go back, baby!