Previous   Next

Which do you prefer, apple or pumpkin pie?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 22, 2008

Browse the archives

“Apple pie because I’m allergic to apples and I love them … forbidden fruit.”

“I would have apple pie because my grandmother made apple pies. She never saw a pumpkin in her life.”

“I like apple pie because of the way the apples are caramelized and you get that brown sugary, crispy apple thing.”

“Apple. I’m not a pumpkin fan.”

Comments

jonas_opines 6 years, 4 months ago

Do we have ice cream or whipped cream? That would probably make the difference.

dminear60 6 years, 4 months ago

I will have a slice of both please...with whipped cream

Deja Coffin 6 years, 4 months ago

Definitely Apple. But my all-time favorite pie is my Cherry-Blueberry Pie. Now that's good pie!

Deja Coffin 6 years, 4 months ago

And wish me luck, I'm getting ready to finish a Princess Castle Cake for my daughter's 4th birthday.

dajudge 6 years, 4 months ago

Ah, the refreshing return of the insectoids.Why are apple and pumkin the two choices?I prefer pecan. with real whipped cream.

nobody1793 6 years, 4 months ago

Pecan."Is there nothing on LJW about Hilary being chosen for Sec. of State?"I think they should just stick to butchering local news stories anyway...

Flap Doodle 6 years, 4 months ago

I'd take apple over pumpkin, but my no. 1 fave is blackberry pie from Koehn's Bakery in Butler, MO.

George_Braziller 6 years, 4 months ago

Pumpkin. I have a bad association going back 30+ years involving eating cooked apples and then later that night coming down with the flu. All night long all that was coming up was cooked apples. Ick.

stephenj 6 years, 4 months ago

The first three all played at the Jackpot Tuesday, which was a great show.btw, APPLE

ohjayhawk 6 years, 4 months ago

Between the two, I'd pick pumpking. But, I'm on board with the two votes for pecan!

lawrenceishome 6 years, 4 months ago

Ohjayhawk, I'm with you, pumpkin over apple, but my real vote goes to pecan! I'm not sure if there's anything better than a warm pecan pie with a heaping spoonful of vanilla ice cream smothered over the top. Yes I am getting excited, haha!

labmonkey 6 years, 4 months ago

I like cherry and blackberry pies the best. I like both pumkin and apple, so I don't know which I would choose between those two.

John Hamm 6 years, 4 months ago

No competition.Pumpkin with whipped cream.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 4 months ago

Apple Pie a la Mode, try the Chai Vanilla Ice Cream, the only I have found it is at the Merc.

BigPrune 6 years, 4 months ago

If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, what would happen if you ate 30 apples in one sitting? Would you be in perfect health for a month? Someone try this and get back to me.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 4 months ago

okay, in that category apple vs pumpkin, I prefer ... artichoke pie! real thing. artichoke hearts all mashed together acts like pumpkin but tastes much better. very expensive unless you live in driving distance of Castroville CA!I'm with DaJudge et al! Pecan for me for sure. the Paradise Cafe used to have "douglas county pie was pecan with chocolate chips! oh baby! that was the best pecan pie!RE pumpkin, there are many ways to make it bland, slushy, not so good. but if it is homemade, good consistency, lotsa the mace, alspice cinomon etc., then it is good. and the bacon apple pie, yes, I bet that's rich! want to try it too!