Previous   Next

Have lower gas prices changed your holiday travel plans?

Asked at Westside 66, 2815 W. Sixth St. on November 21, 2008

Browse the archives

“It’s going to help, but I planned on going hunting so we’re going to continue to follow that plan.”

“No. I love family too much to let some money get in the way of that decision.”

“No, I don’t believe so. … For Thanksgiving I’m going to Kansas City, but that’s not too far and I’ll be here for Christmas.”

“No. Everybody lives here in Lawrence so everybody’s going to be right here in town.”

Comments

carwaterguide 5 years, 4 months ago

it's has review many sites like gas for free,run your car on water etc.http://carwaterguide.blogspot.com

whitney harper 5 years, 4 months ago

the most travled holiday of the year some say and here in our town most of us don't travel cause most of our families live here so luckily we can further save money by not having to travel. for those of u that must go out of town safe driving and watch out for those crazy drivers. lol

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

Cut up a apple and stick it in that dough before you fry it.(sugar, cinnamon, you get the idea)Betty Crocker has this biscuit recipe where you roll the dough into a rectangle, then cut into 1 inch slices. Dip them into melted margarine or butter, then lay them in a square/rectagle pan and bake.That was delicious and easy.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 5 months ago

Sue - I will sure do that. I will also save some dough this time to fry the next morning. I haven't remembered to do that so far in the past.

salad 5 years, 5 months ago

Lucas: child care??? Dude you're kinda freaky lookin' to work in child care....unless your van has "FREE CANDY" spray painted on the side, then you got the look just right.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 5 months ago

As luck would have it, I have 16 hours with absolutely nothing planned...I wish. Slather 2 with lots of butter and eat them for me, would ya? Oh! And save some dough to fry the next morning! Yummmm.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 5 months ago

Sue - Sorry about the song. Most Chicago songs have a tendency to get stuck on a perpetual loop when I hear them too. My wife has actually demanded that I make the rolls this year. So, I will probably be baking them Friday since we are doing dinner on Saturday. We should have plenty of food, stop on by. It's only about a 16 hour drive or so.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

I don't know as I have plans for Thanksgiving..maybe I can train the pup to raid a smoker or something.I now have to travel to go do some errands and pick up said pup.I expect to find you all will have me rofl on the new blog when I get home.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 5 months ago

Nope. I'll be driving about a half mile to the in-laws house. And I don't have to cook! Woo Hoooooooooooo! (But I do have to endure...)ohjay, now I have that song stuck in my head. Are you making dinner rolls this year? If so, I'm on my way.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

Recent comments have prompted me to write a new blog.This ought to fuel your inner comedian for a while.You guys be nice to each other, will ya?http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/multidisciplinary/2008/nov/21/name-that-user-1-nov-21-2008/

ohjayhawk 5 years, 5 months ago

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?" Sorry, reading TOB's comment made me think of Chicago (group, not city).In answer to the question, no, it won't affect anything. We were going to drive about an hour up north regardless.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Golden Oldies, like butter on a biscuit

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

ain't heard that one in while, snap...gas prices most likely will not affect my plans...driving two and half blocks down to my sister's house...

Chris Ogle 5 years, 5 months ago

Cheap gas?? Cars are cheaper too, but who wants to buy at a time like this. One thing for sure.... we are in this thing,( deep dark depression) and nobody likes it. . Will it be over soon??? Who knows.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

I'll be driving to LA via Omaha.

2piecespicy 5 years, 5 months ago

its good to know that cheaper gas won't stop lucas from seeing his family

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 5 months ago

Blue -Yesterday they were somewhere off Mass. I can't remember where. Not even sure it was yesterday. And what is yesterday? With all this time travel space continuum issues, yesterday could have been tomorrow. It could be today. It may be right now. Heady stuff, to be sure.

blue73harley 5 years, 5 months ago

All I can say is WOW! The award winning LJW actually got off Mass St.(must be due to cheap gas) AND they referenced the story in the question. Will wonders never cease?