Previous   Next

Have lower gas prices changed your holiday travel plans?

Asked at Westside 66, 2815 W. Sixth St. on November 21, 2008

Browse the archives

“It’s going to help, but I planned on going hunting so we’re going to continue to follow that plan.”

“No. I love family too much to let some money get in the way of that decision.”

“No, I don’t believe so. … For Thanksgiving I’m going to Kansas City, but that’s not too far and I’ll be here for Christmas.”

“No. Everybody lives here in Lawrence so everybody’s going to be right here in town.”

Comments

2piecespicy 5 years, 8 months ago

its good to know that cheaper gas won't stop lucas from seeing his family

Flap Doodle 5 years, 8 months ago

I'll be driving to LA via Omaha.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 8 months ago

Cheap gas?? Cars are cheaper too, but who wants to buy at a time like this. One thing for sure.... we are in this thing,( deep dark depression) and nobody likes it. . Will it be over soon??? Who knows.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 8 months ago

Golden Oldies, like butter on a biscuit

ohjayhawk 5 years, 8 months ago

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?" Sorry, reading TOB's comment made me think of Chicago (group, not city).In answer to the question, no, it won't affect anything. We were going to drive about an hour up north regardless.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 8 months ago

Nope. I'll be driving about a half mile to the in-laws house. And I don't have to cook! Woo Hoooooooooooo! (But I do have to endure...)ohjay, now I have that song stuck in my head. Are you making dinner rolls this year? If so, I'm on my way.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 8 months ago

Sue - Sorry about the song. Most Chicago songs have a tendency to get stuck on a perpetual loop when I hear them too. My wife has actually demanded that I make the rolls this year. So, I will probably be baking them Friday since we are doing dinner on Saturday. We should have plenty of food, stop on by. It's only about a 16 hour drive or so.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 8 months ago

As luck would have it, I have 16 hours with absolutely nothing planned...I wish. Slather 2 with lots of butter and eat them for me, would ya? Oh! And save some dough to fry the next morning! Yummmm.

salad 5 years, 8 months ago

Lucas: child care??? Dude you're kinda freaky lookin' to work in child care....unless your van has "FREE CANDY" spray painted on the side, then you got the look just right.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 8 months ago

Sue - I will sure do that. I will also save some dough this time to fry the next morning. I haven't remembered to do that so far in the past.

carwaterguide 5 years, 8 months ago

it's has review many sites like gas for free,run your car on water etc.http://carwaterguide.blogspot.com