Previous   Next

When do you start putting up your Christmas decorations?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 8, 2008

Browse the archives

“Usually the second week in December, right after finals.”

“Probably around the first of December. That’s when we usually get around to it.”

“About a week before Christmas. I usually put it off until the last minute. Now that the kids are grown, it’s a little less urgent.”

“Around Thanksgiving seems like a good time to start.”

Comments

H_Lecter 5 years, 5 months ago

Sometimes it takes until after Thanksgiving for the Halloween decorations to stop screaming

goatdog 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm not a christian and so I don't observe this holiday at all.

George_Braziller 5 years, 5 months ago

I never put them up. Closest I get is pulling out an ornament that my great-aunt made for me 40 years ago and hang it from a nail in the wall. My favorite day of the year is December 26th because that is chronologically as far away you can get from the commercial assault called "Christmas."

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

Walmart here doesn't seem to have Ceiling Cat decorations..can I put those in a church?Maybe just a big sign that says, Church of Ceiling Cat.

denak 5 years, 5 months ago

The weekend after Thanksgiving and we take them down the day after the Epiphany.

tonythetiger 5 years, 5 months ago

I don't know that it matters but what matters is that Daphne Griffinth dated someone and that everyone knows who it was.They are a joke. Oh, huh? What was the question? I was only focusing on who dated who in school.

mom_of_three 5 years, 5 months ago

what do you think about ottr totally not knowing the facts....totally possible.

offtotheright 5 years, 5 months ago

OTS question: What do you think of B. Hussein O. encouraging partial birth abortion?OTTR answer: I think it is murder!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 5 months ago

On Christmas Eve, my daughter and I go out back and cut down a small cedar tree. Then I ask every relative coming over to bring One favorite decoration for the tree. When leaving they take the decoration with them. As soon as everyone is out the door, so is the tree.

Dixie Jones 5 years, 5 months ago

when ever the mood strikes me . but you know i was in several stores yesterday and they are playing non stop christmas music .. didnt we just have halloween ? or did i miss Thanksgiving?

spacehog 5 years, 5 months ago

[on why he renounced his faith in Christianity] Because I felt so damned guilty all the time.-Bob Dylan

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

I don't..better than WalMart..they have christmas crap out in september. My wife will commence with seasonal decoration right after thanksgiving..

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago

nota, Christmas decorations make perfect Halloween dressing. Scary.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 5 months ago

Amazing.... we are back to calling Christmas, Christmas. No more "holiday tree"

rantor 5 years, 5 months ago

The local sheriff had multiple Xmas trees in the front window a couple of days before Halloween - what an idiot

Deja Coffin 5 years, 5 months ago

Two days after Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving (although we hate it) we sadly find an excuse to do the day after Thanksgiving shopping. We swear EVERY year we're never going to do it again but then Black Friday rolls around and there we are standing in the cold like morons.

notajayhawk 5 years, 5 months ago

People take down their Christmas decorations? Hmm. That would explain the funny looks people were giving the mistletoe surrounding the Halloween cobwebs (and the Santa hats on the skeletons). Basically, like many men, I put them up the day the wife starts bching "Get those Christmas decorations up NOW!"

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

In the next lifetime, perhaps. Oy vey, what an annoying question.

geekin_topekan 5 years, 5 months ago

They are still up from last year.

ForThePeople 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanksgiving weekend. I also begin baking and freezing all the yummy goodies to give as gifts to friends and family.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 5 months ago

Dec 4th, the night before Sinterklaas comes. Of course it's just a few pair of wellingtons by the boiler.