Previous   Next

Are you going on vacation this summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 22, 2008

Browse the archives

“Probably just going camping in Colorado with my boyfriend’s family.”

“We’re going next week actually, to the Lake of the Ozarks to go boating and drinking - but not at the same time.”

“Yeah. I’m getting ready to leave on Memorial Day for an internship in Paris.”

“We’re going to go sightseeing in Washington, D.C.

Comments

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Got this trip to China, which I guess probably can't really be counted as a vacation per se, but is surely been a great time. We're going to Amsterdam late in July. Got the need for some green. Maybe going to Texas to see some friends from last summer's China trip. Good times!

coolmom 5 years, 11 months ago

kayaking in the river or lake within 2 miles of the house, swimming at the workout place 2 miles from the house and the back yard. i am trying to convince my kids that camping in the back yard for most of the summer would be educational...lol.

road_Runner 5 years, 11 months ago

With the way gas prices have been lately, I'll be lucky if I can even afford to go and hang out in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! Nah, I'll probably go camping with my peeps. =)

Windlass 5 years, 11 months ago

Tonganoxie, Greensburg, Topeka, Cawker City, Oklahoma, Florida, Tennessee, Honduras, North Carolina, Montana, Elk City, the Chautauqua Hills, Toronto, Lawrence, Las Vegas, Oakley, Washington DC, Paris, Colorado, Lake of the Ozarks ...fer not standin' exactly still. Just makes me feel like I been on a train all day, except that I had a slow one so I'm not due back until I've had TREATMENT all of you ripened rats out there! heh, heh, heh.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

sgt, "exotic" people in KS? I thought of you the other night as I was laying in bed. I heard a raccoon scampering across my roof and I wondered if it was one of yours on a catch and release program. (And YDP had your minds in the gutter...didn't you?) ;)

madam_hillarys_pantsuits 5 years, 11 months ago

Going out to Oakley sometime this summer....gotta see that six-legged cow at least one more time before I die!

adriennerm 5 years, 11 months ago

Going to Vegas on June 26. Can't wait

prospector 5 years, 11 months ago

Have jugs of Free State beer, will travel.

Windlass 5 years, 11 months ago

Yeah, to the backyard and that's if I can get the damn umbrella up.

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 11 months ago

I sure am. I am going to cycle and ride and run and swim and read and bathe in the sun and I am sure as ever that Zoe Anne Amie and Earl Fowler and Kepler Miner are all going to stalk me and hide and lie about all they can with all their boxer shorts stalking girls and all the other lies they can tell like that my Ford Mustang is at Central Junior High and all their other lies and bad pranks.Hopefully they will not ruin my vacation or bid to finish my college degree!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm not sure; I'd like to, but I don't know if it'll work out. I might take a drive up to Toronto to visit the hockey hall of fame, but I'm not sure.In any case, I don't know if I can top last year's vacation. I took a drive to this exotic place called Kansas, and I even met some very exotic people in this town called Lawrence. It was cool.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

somewhere...sometime...hopefully...

autie 5 years, 11 months ago

I would have gone to Montana to trout fish with my son in law until fuel prices went through the roof. So I'll vacation in lovely Elk City, Kansas. Gataway to the chautaqua hills.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

Hey, TOB, it's good to hear that.

sissezz 5 years, 11 months ago

yes! we are leaving for vegas on sunday! if i hit it big i won't be back...... well maybe i 'll come back for my kids.

alm77 5 years, 11 months ago

We're supposed to go to Florida.... fingers crossed

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 11 months ago

Snap - I was in Greensburg last week and I can proudly say it is open and ready for a good gawking.

Take_a_letter_Maria 5 years, 11 months ago

Plan on visiting colleges with my Sr. to be, but with fuel prices the way they are he may end up right here at KU. That's too bad not because I don't like KU, but because I think it's important for him to get away from the p's and grow up. Experience another part of the country

dminear60 5 years, 11 months ago

blue73harley: Don't go too fast through our lovely town...you will miss the allure.

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 11 months ago

Oklahoma for a week in June. Florida for a week in August. Tennessee for a week in September. Honduras for two weeks in November.Have already been to Honduras for 10 days in April and North Carolina for 5 days.So, yeah, I'm planning on vacation this year.

samsnewplace 5 years, 11 months ago

I might have gas money to make it to the big city of Topeka, if i'm lucky........they are guessing $7.00 a gallon by fall.....I don't care how much your salary is, this is going to put alot of folks under quickly.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

Is the World's Largest Hand-Dug Well open again?

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

At Snap's College of Taxidermy and Cheese-Making, every day is like a vacation. We're offering a 2 for the price of 1 special on marmots in June!

blue73harley 5 years, 11 months ago

We're planning a whirlwind tour of Tonganoxie.