Previous   Next

What is your favorite comic book?

Asked at Free State FreeCon Comic Book and Toy Convention at the Douglas County 4-H Fairgrounds on May 19, 2008

Browse the archives

“Batman. It was the first comic I ever bought, and I’ve been a fan ever since.”

“My favorite is Bucky O’Hare. It’s about a rabbit who flies around in his spaceship fighting evil. It’s really cute. I think it’s a bit more popular with the girls.”

“Fables. The characters are more interesting than any I’ve found. That and Sandman. It’s kind of a tie. I’m a pretty die-hard fan of both.”

“The new story line in the Green Lantern comics is really good right now with the big war between all the different Lantern corps.”

Comments

filmguru 5 years, 11 months ago

Superman is still my favorite after 30+ years of reading it. James Robinson (of Starman fame) will be taking over the title next month. It should be awesome.

5 years, 11 months ago

Also Invisibles, Transmetropolitan, Hellblazer, Incredible/Planet/World War Hulk, Spawn, Liberty Meadows, Sandman, and Cerebus. And as far as comic STRIPS go, Calvin and Hobbes takes the cake.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

What gets me about this question, is that on the day it's an OTS, my eye swells shut and I look like Popeye!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

But its all good...you dont have 2 like me back.....

le 5 years, 11 months ago

As history goes....A man has 2 piss off a few people..before he makes a few friends....but whether or not you like me...I am startin 2 like you Jonas.......

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Jonas..damn right.....I got so lost ...but the X-Men ..Right on! I got lost in comic history so much for my age..I forgot about the X-factor....thanx 4 bringin me back 2 ..imaginary reality....!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Yup! Iove art.....I love ..every thang from Mickey Mouse 2 Spawn! I guess ya gotta love art...2 appreciate the Love!....the rest of ya ....itll be alright...one day u-2 will see the lite! if not..juz enjoy the ride.....................Its a gooooood ride!

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

R-I: What about both at the same time. Sounds heavenly.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 11 months ago

My #2 devil spawn enjoys manga, but I'd rather have a mango.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Bleach, if we're allowed to use Japanese comic books. Probably the X-Men from America.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Her name is Vicki...and you will not get any more info than that.....But ..I willsay 2 all you young Fers...do not let the good one get away...Treat her like a queen...cuz the good ones are far & few between.....Dont " F " up a good thing...take it from a guy who did...and will probably die a very miserable & lonely man ! If you are a young man and just read my words...Mark this day on your calender....cuz if you don`t stick with a good woman...one day you will know what I mean!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Only reason we didn`t live happily ever after is cuz she was to good for me! I hope she found the happiness she deserved! A True Angel...the only thing good in Oklahoma ..after my oldest daughter and G-Babys!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

But how ya gonna top Heavy Metal? They went from 0 to 100 in incredible time...they were only out a few years in comparison to Stan Lee...and had a movie out in record time! Which opened the doors for all the followers...very ground breaking...and I got laid at the drive in ...whoo Hoo! I was so in love at that moment I drove off and yanked the speaker off when I backed outta the stall....2 bad it was my old best friends ex-wife..but..oh well...She was a great girl and he shouldnt have treated her like a doormat...I have more respect 4 her than I do his lame @ss anyway...he ended up in prison ...and I got his prize posession...Do I feel Bad..."F" no! ...she was not only 2 good for him..but he went to prison 4 abusing a child....he couldnt suffer enough in my opinion!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Dick Tracy....he was one of those cats that ...was livin todays technology 50 years ago!

Laura Wilson 5 years, 11 months ago

NIghtwing is excellent right now, really revitalizing Dick Grayson. All the Batbooks are good at the moment as they gear up for the big Batman RIP this summer.

bobberboy 5 years, 11 months ago

Captain Pissgums meets Godzilla.

trinity 5 years, 11 months ago

and the prize goes to andini, lol!!! :)

Andini 5 years, 11 months ago

The Lawrence Journal World.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Oh Man ...the memories are flying in my head...The Rawhide kid & Kid Colt !

le 5 years, 11 months ago

I barely remember a cartoon when I was a kid...but it was speed racer style of art...it was a kid that flew and was propelled by jets coming from his feet...it was kinda weird...Does anyone know what it was called? (I have been trying 2 remember the name 4 years)...and Underdog was cool cuz he popped pills....and had sweet Polly Purebread! Bullwinkle & Rocky was pretty cool 2 ! Boris & Natashia were great villans!

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

Gunslinger Born...by Stephen King (in all honesty, it's the only comic book I've ever read).

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Dopin Dan..Heavy Metal...Mr. Natural...Mad(i liked the tiny cartoons on the pages of the other toons)...Cracked...Zippy...and whenever Spidey & Hulk Teamed up...and the rare SheHulk !Green Chicks Rock!

Jaminrawk 5 years, 11 months ago

Seinlanguage by Jerry Seinfeld. Oh, comicbook, not comic's book. Well, then I would have to go with the old-school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The one where they all wore red bandanas and actually killed ninjas.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Mr. Natural http://www.rcrumb.com/And of course, so many of the works in a Mad Magazine!

Kevin Sontag 5 years, 11 months ago

Radioactive Man meets the Kansas City Royals

BalkansHawk 5 years, 11 months ago

It has been quite a while, but Mad magazine was some good stuff.

cool 5 years, 11 months ago

wall street journal for accurate fun filled reporting with no bias ?

its_getting_warmer 5 years, 11 months ago

My Life as Sven - And I really are an Architect

trinity 5 years, 11 months ago

archie! does mad magazine count?

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

Wonder WarthogCosmo The Merry MartianAtomic Knights

oldvet 5 years, 11 months ago

I liked the Classics comic books... they were a lot easier to read than the original book, the pictures made it more real than just the book, and it made for a much easier book report...

5 years, 11 months ago

I've still got a soft spot in my heart for Swamp Thing.

blue73harley 5 years, 11 months ago

Al Gore's "An Inconvienient Truth".