Previous   Next

What do you do to stay in shape during the summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“Walking my dog and playing with my cats at the park, swimming at the lake or the pool and sometimes I go to Robinson.”

“I still just go to the gym and play basketball. I don’t really do anything differently.”

“I’m planning on some mountain biking, running and maybe some yoga.”

“Nothing different. I usually walk most days, maybe a little less in the winter, but I pretty much do it year-round. Especially now that gas prices have gone up so much.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

prune, weed, mow (the first two are not food groups)

bearded_gnome 7 years ago

• Andre Thompson, day teacher, Lawrencewhat's a "day teacher?" do you teach the calendarily impaired?eat high fat, high protein diet, minimize simple carbs...oh that is year round! [yes I know "round" is a shape, it also describes a trip through the calendar!]walk daily for most of an hour, do that every day too, except when heavy snow/rain. push-ups and sit-ups every other day. that's year 'round' too. today I was nearly sunburnt, does that count for summer? sunny-sue, glad you clarified, you had me worried.

Chrissy Neibarger 7 years ago

Lauren takes her cats to the park?? Those are amazing cats!anyways, I usually get in shape by working in the yard and the garden all summer long.

Richard Heckler 7 years ago

Bike,walk, dance,do the ellipitical crossover pedal,bench press and drink plenty of water.

bearded_gnome 7 years ago

"I'm planning on some mountain biking, running and maybe some yoga."I usually prefer fruit with my yoga.

dajudge 7 years ago

I do an hour in the morning on the treadmilland about an hour in the eveningwalking the dogs.I can't stay in shape if I'm not in shape to start with.

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

The same thing I do to stay in shape in the winter: nothing.Well, that may not be entirely true; I do ski in the winter. So I guess I do less in the summer.

Bone777 7 years ago

Five dollar, five dollar, five dollar foot long....

bearded_gnome 7 years ago

actually, that was prechocolate. now, I just ate the hershey bar with almonds!bwhahahahahahaha

Godot 7 years ago

I'm still trying to picture Lauren playing with her cats in the park.

TopJayhawk 7 years ago

as I live in topeka, usually I burn a lot of calories ducking...LOL