Previous   Next

What do you do to stay in shape during the summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“Walking my dog and playing with my cats at the park, swimming at the lake or the pool and sometimes I go to Robinson.”

“I still just go to the gym and play basketball. I don’t really do anything differently.”

“I’m planning on some mountain biking, running and maybe some yoga.”

“Nothing different. I usually walk most days, maybe a little less in the winter, but I pretty much do it year-round. Especially now that gas prices have gone up so much.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

No joke, my son's PT told of how her husband was sitting in a living room chair on 10th St. and someone shot 6 inches of where his head was, through the chair into the wall. Just a "join the gang" drive by.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Ah..I feel better now...so theraputic!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Speakin of Ducking...Topeka is full of Duck callin ,Beer fartin,drive by shootin,gangbangin,sperm burpin,career welfare abusin @ssholes that ain`t worth a butt load of spilled jizz...!

TopJayhawk 5 years, 11 months ago

as I live in topeka, usually I burn a lot of calories ducking...LOL

Bone777 5 years, 11 months ago

Five dollar, five dollar, five dollar foot long....

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

actually, that was prechocolate. now, I just ate the hershey bar with almonds!bwhahahahahahaha

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

gnome, you are inspired today..did you get some chocolate or something?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

"I'm planning on some mountain biking, running and maybe some yoga."I usually prefer fruit with my yoga.

Godot 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm still trying to picture Lauren playing with her cats in the park.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

• Andre Thompson, day teacher, Lawrencewhat's a "day teacher?" do you teach the calendarily impaired?eat high fat, high protein diet, minimize simple carbs...oh that is year round! [yes I know "round" is a shape, it also describes a trip through the calendar!]walk daily for most of an hour, do that every day too, except when heavy snow/rain. push-ups and sit-ups every other day. that's year 'round' too. today I was nearly sunburnt, does that count for summer? sunny-sue, glad you clarified, you had me worried.

fleeba 5 years, 11 months ago

Lauren takes her cats to the park?? Those are amazing cats!anyways, I usually get in shape by working in the yard and the garden all summer long.

dajudge 5 years, 11 months ago

I do an hour in the morning on the treadmilland about an hour in the eveningwalking the dogs.I can't stay in shape if I'm not in shape to start with.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Vicoden 10s...& Whiskey...lots of Vicoden...It gives you wings! And even the crappiest whiskey taste better than red bull...thats some nasty crap! However ..mixing in some Jaeger in your bull isn`t bad! And more Vicoden...Makes you feel like superman on steroids!

BABBOY 5 years, 11 months ago

I try to walk when I play golf. Walk outside more. Even sometimes trying jogging (harder each year). I do like the summer heat over the winter. I go to they gym off and on year round.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

The same thing I do to stay in shape in the winter: nothing.Well, that may not be entirely true; I do ski in the winter. So I guess I do less in the summer.

Richard Heckler 5 years, 11 months ago

Bike,walk, dance,do the ellipitical crossover pedal,bench press and drink plenty of water.

Finding_Uranus 5 years, 11 months ago

Lift bigger slabs of ribs up to the BBQ grill and pour larger beers. It really helps keep me ripped.....oh, and setting up the lounge chair.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

lol.Buy extra beer to carry in, and then practice peeling labels off in one piece.Leaping up from my tanning chair to replace the beach towels hanging on the railing for privacy. Curls with the squirt bottle to cool myself.Other than that it's pretty much the same old tying cherry stems with my tongue.In my youth, I would string pull tabs for extra dexterity.I had about 40 ft of chain in my closet.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

prune, weed, mow (the first two are not food groups)