Previous   Next

Who would you want to play against in a game with the KU Men’s Basketball Team?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on May 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“I would want to guard Russell Robinson, because he passes a lot so at least the guy I’m guarding wouldn’t be scoring all the time.”

“Darnell Jackson. He’s an emotional guy, so I’m hoping we could have a heart to heart and he would take it easy on me.”

“I’d take Sasha Kaun and just foul him the whole time to keep his points down - with all due respect.”

“Jeremy Case, because I’m pretty sure I’m a foot taller than him, and I would dunk all over him.”

Comments

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

I'd prefer to guard Chaka Khan. I doubt she plays much basketball.

labmonkey 5 years, 11 months ago

I know I could destroy Brandon Rush in a game of Jeopardy, Trivial Persuit, or Chess.

Sagecasey 5 years, 11 months ago

Bone 777- what do you mean from the paint? He would be lucky to have enough room for a half courter with the space Mangino takes up.

Bone777 5 years, 11 months ago

bearded_gnome - you'd never get a shot in the paint...

Bone777 5 years, 11 months ago

Brandon Rush. He is ultra protective of his knee this time of year.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

And speakin of big shorts...what started the huge basketball shorts thing anyway? Was it the gangbangers influencing the playas...or the playas influencing the bangers?...Whichever it is ..the baggy pants thing cracks me up...but just as ridiculous is the tight shorts they wore in the 60s and70s...how `bout a happy medium....no "normal" man wants 2 see the butts with them tight shorts but...them baggy ones are big enough 4 a disgruntled playa 2 hide a Ak and a Mac 10 in those humongous shorts!

dminear60 5 years, 11 months ago

I am fairly certain that Baby Jay would destroy me. I am better off being a fan!

le 5 years, 11 months ago

I would like to see a game between the basketball team VS. the coaches and assistant coaches from both the B-ball team and the Football team...Imagine seeing Mangino dribbling the ball as he wobbles down court! But they would have to replace the flooring after his jump shot..and maybe even have to replace the bleachers ...but the good news is ..all the dust from the rafters would be shaken loose! Do they make B-ball shorts in his size? Weebles Wobble but they don`t fall down!

beawolf 5 years, 11 months ago

I'll guard Robinson while the rest of my team (K. Bryant, L. James, D.Wade and T.Duncan) take care of the others.

Sagecasey 5 years, 11 months ago

Dean Smith, because I think I could wear him down all 80 years old of him.

thomgreen 5 years, 11 months ago

Matt Kleinmann, I think I could take him. He's only an inch taller than me (according to their measuring). I'm pretty sure I have a better shooting touch, especially from the outside. But then again, he has about 15 or so years on me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm killer at Monopoly® SpongeBob SquarePants/¢ Edition.I would own alll of Bikini Bottom.

torcia 5 years, 11 months ago

J.R. Giddens. Then after the game we could go to the site of the old Moon Bar and knock back a few...maybe thats not such a good idea

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

H_L, hahahaha...good one!Considering all of these guys are about a foot and a half taller than me?...yeah...I think I could take any of them! Bring it on!

H_Lecter 5 years, 11 months ago

I think I could smoke Roderick Stewart right now.

road_Runner 5 years, 11 months ago

Sasha Kaaaaauuuuuun! Sure, he's about two feet taller than me, weighs 120lbs more than I do, and the score would be like 190384750934875 to 1(Huzzah for my one freethrow!); however, as long as he keeps on looking hot like he always does while dunking, I'll make the HUGE sacrifice and challenge him on the court anytime. BIG GRIN

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

The coach. Then I wouldn't die.