Previous   Next

What kind of things do you forward to your friends by e-mail?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 12, 2008

Browse the archives

“I don’t live here anymore, but I grew up here. So anytime I get ahold of any KU stuff, I try to propagate the KU love.”

“Mostly just entertaining and mindless YouTube links.”

“Actually, I don’t forward much. I usually just call them and tell them to check it out if they’re near a computer so we can talk about it then and there.”

“Just news articles I find interesting, random facts and jokes.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

My favorite:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYypEW... see many of my funny cats videos have been removed..so sad.Hunt around for funny cat videos, this group does a lot.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

jonas (Anonymous) says: No sound card?! It's 2008, multiD! Ditch that Commodore 64 and get something with Windows on it, that comes with speakers!*That was hilarious..too clever! I hadn't thought of 64's for years.My computer isn't that old, but the sound card bit the dust. Right now, I can't afford getting it fixed.Coincidentally, at the time it broke, I was dating a computer man who said he most probably had another in his spare computers. Somehow (this was when my son was dying) he never got around to fixing it, even though the younger son reminded him often.

zettapixel 5 years, 11 months ago

I hate forwards. Forwards are evil.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

E-mail is old school...I usually communicate through ..my space...and the best stuff is on inkednation (.com) it is a free site and very user friendly and simple 2 navigate....inkednation is similar 2 my space but for cool people....I got 32 friends in 3 months on my space and got 170 in 3 weeks on inkednation ...dont forget the .com after..check it out...if you wanna see some truly vulgar and interesting crap..check out uselessjunk...and dont forget the .com.....hang on for a very crazy ride on uselessjunk....it is not for the weak hearted folks...it`s the comments people leave after viewing the video clips that is the most entertaining....very sick crap on this one...

KSChick1 5 years, 11 months ago

dirty jokes, spoof motivational posters, redneck pics, youtube links, Maxine, and anything else that makes me snort coffee out of my nose while laughing hystericallyI never forward the "because you're my friend" crap or anything with any kind of threat attached like fleas infesting my armpits unless I forward the bunny of love (or Whatever!)

countrygirl 5 years, 11 months ago

It has to have made me laugh or really tugged at the heart strings before I'll forward. I hate getting junk, but like stuff that brightens my day is cool. The political stuff goes straight in the trash bin--I get more than enough of that just from the news.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

I actually very rarely forward things. (Of course, it helps that I almost never get forwarded things in the first place.) I'll send an amusing link or the like, but I typically don't get those links in forwards.Speaking of an amusing link, here's one now!http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

Only the things that tell me I must or I'm cursed...or I'll miss something really great happening in 4 days...or that someone will die unless I forward to 10 of my friends. All that stuff is legit.

spiff 5 years, 11 months ago

Here's something to try: "DELETE"

Pywacket 5 years, 11 months ago

Jonas~ That was a very mooooooving vid, all the bovine gender confusion notwithstanding. I only forward materials depicting amusing and painful humiliation of fellow human beings--or simply amusing incidents of actual pain. (I.e., not all depictions of pain are amusing--think Funniest Home Video-type material, usually involving a 4-year-old jumping on Daddy's crotch while the old man is sleeping on the couch..)It's a dirty job but someone must counter the gigatons of treacly sentimental "heartwarming" forwards featuring precious baby toes, sleeping kittens, and puppies peering wistfully from hatboxes. I do it so you won't have to.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 11 months ago

Unless it says something about Chuck Norris in the subject line, then I just hit the forward to all button without even reading it...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 11 months ago

Only the spam I have vetted and personally deemed worthy.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

That was probably funnier for those who have a sound card.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

There's flesh-eating bacteria on bananas! Dude, I saw it on the interwebs. It's gotta be true.

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 11 months ago

Not much. I get irritated by the people who continually forward mindless crap. Day after day, with nothing of any substance to say."Forward this in the next 60 seconds or your dog's teeth will all fall out."