Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“Right now I’m reading ‘The Power of Now,’ by Eckhart Tolle. It’s basically about finding yourself. He writes about not identifying with things that are supposed to define you, like your job or how much you make, and not looking into the future to define who you are.”

Dust,’ by Martha Grimes. It’s the latest book in her Richard Jury mystery series.”

“At the moment, I’m reading ‘The Faith Club,’ by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver and Priscilla Warner. These three women, all mothers and all from different religions, Jewish, Christian and Muslim, got together to write a book after 9-11 and ended up writing it about their conversations about faith.”

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept,’ by Paulo Coelho. I really like Coelho, because his writing is both philosophical and entertaining. I particularly enjoy books that have multiple levels of meaning for me.”

“Right now I’m reading young adult novels. I think it helps me to have experience reading novels in all genres, and these also happen to be very entertaining. My most recent favorite is ‘Crank,’ by Ellen Hopkins.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

LOL. Uh, The Bob Newton at the center of the sirens not being sounded Bob Newton, voice of KLWN for years with Hank Booth, my guess is close to 60. Dark hair, can't remember which LMH section he refers to, it's in the middle of the ad.

classclown 5 years, 11 months ago

The latest issue of LJWorld that was left in the restroom. What's left of it at least. It serves a dual purpose.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

logan5: Thanks. Looking up, the Creepy Sunflower Lady (reverting to her real title now that I'm not lambasting an OTS respondant) is definitely a little older than Courtney. Why doesn't the Creepy Sunflower Lady get to say anything? Everyone else talks, but she just turns in a circle with that vague I'm going to eat your soul smile./shudders uncontrollably. . . . multiD: Bob Newton? Blank stare.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

jonas..did you notice Bob Newton in that ad?

Logan5 5 years, 11 months ago

Yes, you're crazy. That's Lee Beth Dever, wife of Mayor Mike Dever.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Am I going crazy, or is Christina Courtney the woman standing in the sunflower field grinning at the end of the LMH commercials?

canyon_wren 5 years, 11 months ago

Thanks, Meredith, for the info that Martha Grimes has a new Richard Jury book out. They are all so good. I will check our library for it.I am currently reading Made from Scratch: Reclaiming the Pleasures of the American Hearth, by Jean Zimmerman. Just finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver--both really fine books. I am also reading some old Agatha Christie mini-mysteries that I found when helping a friend sort books.