Previous   Next

What is your favorite cartoon?

Asked at Southwest Junior High School on May 6, 2008

Browse the archives

Dexter’s Lab’ because he’s funny and gets himself into all sorts of predicaments.”

Shin Chan.’ I think it’s funny and the animation has a lot of detail.”

Tom and Jerry.’ It’s a classic and it’s still funny.”

Family Guy.’ Stewie has been my idol since I was eight years old.”

Sponge Bob,’ because he wears square pants and they can drink water under the ocean, which is great. I would love to have Patrick as my friend.”

“Maybe ‘Jimmy Neutron.’ But I haven’t watched many cartoons lately.”

Tom and Jerry.’ Jerry is the funniest character ever, and I like that they don’t have to say anything for it to be funny.”

“Probably ‘Naruto,’ because I like anime and it has a lot of action.”

Comments

b3 5 years, 11 months ago

G.I.JOE! From the mid 80's of course.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

multiD: Which thing did you look up? There are a number of possibilities there.

Keith 5 years, 11 months ago

What! No love for Ren and Stimpy?

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 11 months ago

I've been watching Beavis and Butthead lately. I forgot how hilariously dumb those two were.

Pywacket 5 years, 11 months ago

Old: Bugs Bunny (and related Looney Tunes), the original Tom & Jerry (when Hanna & Barbera were working under Fred Quimby, for MGM), Betty Boop, Popeye, Mighty Mouse.Affectionate nod, for nostalgia's sake, to The Jetsons, Top Cat, Huckleberry Hound, and Quick Draw McGraw, although the later Hanna-Barbera offerings were far beneath anything produced by Quimby or by Leon Schlesinger (for Warner Bros.) in terms of animation quality, dialogue, or story line.The cartoons of the 30s and 40s were, generally speaking, far superior to those of the 60s and 70s (with the 50s seeing a gradual decline).New: Most anything from Adult Swim: Robot Chicken, The Brak Show, AquaTeen Hunger Force, Sealab 2020, Drawn Together, Home Movies, Moral Orel, Tom Goes to the Mayor; South Park, Simpsons.Too many spectaculicious cartoons to choose just one favorite.

notajayhawk 5 years, 11 months ago

Having a five year old, I have to go with the Fairly Oddparents. My daughter loves them, but just like the old classics (like Bugs Bunny), there's a lot of humor that's obviously not intended for little ones.We now have a cat named Wanda and another named Cosmo, who, unfortunately, wasn't fixed quite in time, so Wanda recently delivered Poof, Timmy, and two others.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

That took a lot. Dave Berg The Lighter Sidehttp://www.collectmad.com/britishcovers/sick.htmOh, and BC.Clams got legs?*Arms! Clams got Arms!"I always wondered which way yonder was"***

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

oh..in print..that would be Mr Natural with Flakey Foont!And the cast of Zap comics.And one of the many from the Mad group..have to go research.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 11 months ago

In print... tie between The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes.On tv... The Simpsons and The Tick.On the interwebs... Red Meat.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

OMG R_I, I just thought of that and came to post it!ROFL.

thebcman 5 years, 11 months ago

the Oddball Couple (Spiffy & Fleabag)Saturday Mornings, ABC, 1975-1977

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

jonas..I can't believe the number of useless things I look up because of you!jk&;~/

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

kansas778: We liked that one a lot, but (spoiler?) the episode with the little girl getting turned into a Chimera by her father really killed my wife's ability to watch it anymore. That's a dark, dark anime.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

My kids bought me a South Park tshirt years ago.Our local school banned kids from bringing SP things to school.One day, I had it on, and had to go pick up my son. I was already in the school, before I realized what I was wearing LOL.No one said anything.My kitty likes cheesy poof coated fingers, but not the poofs themselves.

unklemonkey 5 years, 11 months ago

Only one mention of South Park? Come on, people.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Poon, your 4:48 post had me thinking WTH for quite a few seconds LOL.

Poon 5 years, 11 months ago

Oh, that was cartoon, not car tune. My bad.

Poon 5 years, 11 months ago

The old fashioned kind that went oooooogaaahhhhh. Musical ones that were popular in the 1980s were pretty cool as well. The ones that sound like train whistles are anoying, especially when driven by some teenager trying to impress his female passenger at 2:00 AM.

autie 5 years, 11 months ago

Logic, I can go with South Park. It was on for a few years before my daughter conned me into watching an episode with her..and now I am addicted...but I miss "hello children".

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 11 months ago

I like the Hillary Cartoon the best with the Arkansaurus Taxenspendus. it is classic with that evil smile that is frozen on her face. My grandmother always warned kids to not make faces because your face will freeze like that and Hillary is living proof of that.

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

16 comments and not one mention of The Simpsons.You people should be ashamed of yourselves.Okay, now that that's out of the way, others receiving honorable mention:Futurama (does anyone know if they are going to have more new episodes--I haven't seen any since the four-parter they did no Comedy Central a few weeks ago)MetalocalypseThe BoondocksSouth Park (does this qualify?)By the way, did anyone notice Coach Manning's kid in the group of kids they asked?

autie 5 years, 11 months ago

I always enjoyed the old Tom and Jerry's they used to play before the movie at the theater..back in the olden days. road runner etc.. Oh, and George, Donald and Dick..but they aren't on much anymore and I hear they are getting completely cancelled at the end of the year. They just weren't as funny as when Donald was still with the group.

acg 5 years, 11 months ago

When I was a kid, the smurfs, of course. They were smurfilicious. And now, The Family Guy. That show, in all it's wrongness, cracks me up!

Jaminrawk 5 years, 11 months ago

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Jack Shin is correct, even if the fillers on now are terrible. Fillers always are.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

The Fleischer Studio version of Popeye.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Birds On a Wire, the cartoon before Monster's Inc.