Previous   Next

What is your favorite cartoon?

Asked at Southwest Junior High School on May 6, 2008

Browse the archives

Dexter’s Lab’ because he’s funny and gets himself into all sorts of predicaments.”

Shin Chan.’ I think it’s funny and the animation has a lot of detail.”

Tom and Jerry.’ It’s a classic and it’s still funny.”

Family Guy.’ Stewie has been my idol since I was eight years old.”

Sponge Bob,’ because he wears square pants and they can drink water under the ocean, which is great. I would love to have Patrick as my friend.”

“Maybe ‘Jimmy Neutron.’ But I haven’t watched many cartoons lately.”

Tom and Jerry.’ Jerry is the funniest character ever, and I like that they don’t have to say anything for it to be funny.”

“Probably ‘Naruto,’ because I like anime and it has a lot of action.”

Comments

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 7 months ago

I've been watching Beavis and Butthead lately. I forgot how hilariously dumb those two were.

unklemonkey 6 years, 7 months ago

Only one mention of South Park? Come on, people.

jonas 6 years, 7 months ago

Jack Shin is correct, even if the fillers on now are terrible. Fillers always are.

acg 6 years, 7 months ago

When I was a kid, the smurfs, of course. They were smurfilicious. And now, The Family Guy. That show, in all it's wrongness, cracks me up!

TheOriginalCA 6 years, 7 months ago

I like the Hillary Cartoon the best with the Arkansaurus Taxenspendus. it is classic with that evil smile that is frozen on her face. My grandmother always warned kids to not make faces because your face will freeze like that and Hillary is living proof of that.

Poon 6 years, 7 months ago

The old fashioned kind that went oooooogaaahhhhh. Musical ones that were popular in the 1980s were pretty cool as well. The ones that sound like train whistles are anoying, especially when driven by some teenager trying to impress his female passenger at 2:00 AM.

Poon 6 years, 7 months ago

Oh, that was cartoon, not car tune. My bad.

notajayhawk 6 years, 7 months ago

Having a five year old, I have to go with the Fairly Oddparents. My daughter loves them, but just like the old classics (like Bugs Bunny), there's a lot of humor that's obviously not intended for little ones.We now have a cat named Wanda and another named Cosmo, who, unfortunately, wasn't fixed quite in time, so Wanda recently delivered Poof, Timmy, and two others.

jonas 6 years, 7 months ago

kansas778: We liked that one a lot, but (spoiler?) the episode with the little girl getting turned into a Chimera by her father really killed my wife's ability to watch it anymore. That's a dark, dark anime.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 7 months ago

The Fleischer Studio version of Popeye.

jonas 6 years, 7 months ago

multiD: Which thing did you look up? There are a number of possibilities there.