Previous   Next

Are you excited about opening day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 30, 2008

Browse the archives

“Very excited. Not so much for the Royals, but I have a fantasy baseball team. So I’m excited to see how some of my players are going to do this year.”

“Not really. The Royals have just not impressed me this year with their off-season moves.”

“Yeah. I’m from Chicago, so watching the Cubs play is a pretty big deal.”

“Yeah. I really like baseball, and I’m a big Dodgers fan. I think a lot of people get excited about it, and I think it’s a healthy interest.”

Comments

hornhunter 6 years, 9 months ago

faceit, Didn't you know that we dream of Oct 11, set high in trees on cold days, wrestle wildlife, spit Ms. Crockers bitter batter, and we are also nocturnal?

aginglady 6 years, 9 months ago

holy cow, the middle of the nighters are baseball fans. I knew I wasn't the only one who has trouble sleeping! Me..no, since Steve Jeltz left the team,it's just not the same. He was super in school, but dreaming as a grown up. Hi Steve. Proud of you! Jeez, the arms on that man. And everything else.

hornhunter 6 years, 9 months ago

Gives you plenty of time to scout for new stand locations

notajayhawk 6 years, 9 months ago

Why, is there a major league baseball team anywhere nearby?

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

Blurn! Blurn! Blurn!

Multiball! Multiball!

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 9 months ago

Love baseball so yes and VOTE NO ON TUESDAY.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 9 months ago

I think "excited" may be too strong a word; I'm marginally interested in it, but I'm not excited about it. But since there are about 130 too many games in the baseball season, closing day is definitely cause for excitement.

SpeedRacer 6 years, 9 months ago

I was once a huge baseball fan, but lost all interest after the '94 strike. I attended a T-Bones game last year and really enjoyed that.

acoupstick 6 years, 9 months ago

I hate summer in the midwest. I hate mowing. I hate bugs. I hate oppressive heat and humidity. I hate people who wear short/tight clothes who shouldn't. I hate swamp crotch. A couple cold beers and a dog with my family in the cheap seats at Kaufman is one of the few things that makes summer ok, even if the team stinks (and I don't think they will this year).

dminear60 6 years, 9 months ago

My better half is pumped but even more so for opening day at the K.

SpeedRacer 6 years, 9 months ago

Royals are tied for first. Enjoy it for a couple of days.