Previous   Next

Do you think Wildcats are bad luck for the Jayhawks?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 28, 2008

Browse the archives

“I don’t think so, considering the general domination over teams with Wildcats as their mascot this year. They should be glad that we’re still willing to play them.”

“I could see how people could think that if they’re really superstitious, but I don’t. I think we can do whatever we put our minds to.”

“I say no, because lifetime average against K-State, we’ve killed them. We’re going to win, and then go on to win the national championship.”

“I think as long as Beasley isn’t involved, we’re fine. But then again I believe the Jayhawks are the best basketball team in America.”

Comments

Dan Alexander 6 years ago

JSTAN my man on the street

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

being superstitious is bad luck.

Go Hawks!

labmonkey 6 years ago

Jonas, you solution lies in the bullet of a .22. Or you could sell it to your local Chinese eatery.

bobberboy 6 years ago

I think the Wildcats are just bad.

prospector 6 years ago

No, unless they forget their rabbit's foot, step on any sidewalk cracks, walk under a ladder or break a mirror.

blue73harley 6 years ago

Jonas - I've got no idea. One of ours recently became attracted to plastic easter grass. Fortunately(?) he is somewhat bulimic anyway so it is not really a problem...except for avoiding slimey substances.

jonas 6 years ago

Speaking of cats, does anyone have a solution that they'd care to relate on getting a cat to stop eating things that it's body apparently can't process? Just a few months ago he ate a bunch of earplugs and had to have one of them removed surgically, and now he's back in the hospital with an xray suggesting a possible blockage. It's getting expensive.

tonythetiger 6 years ago

muggisment le tonnerre.

frappe le eclair.

Les mots d'amour sont volent son aires.

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Let me delve into this further. I'm a Jayhawk. I married a beefy, hunky Wildcat. He has been very good luck for me. So, I guess my answer is...um...no.

le 6 years ago

here kitty..kitty...(bang bang) oh bang bang kitty kitty bang bang we shoot you....i is back ! ...back from california ! im sure a lot of you didnt miss me but this is far from my biggest concern ! i use this comment section as a form of therapy ! and i love to crack on yer sometimes lame armchair solutions....so here it goes ...to scenebooger ! in case you didnt get my response (kid with gun story) you implied i am a schmuck ! so you know how i feel about that ..i dont feel any thing ..im just glad i got under your skin! and allow me to restate : schmuck you too!!!!!!

OnlyTheOne 6 years ago

Anybody wanna tell these people it's the Vilanova Wildcats that beat us badly a couple years back. No worse than badly. KState doesn't even enter into this question

scenebooster 6 years ago

Ultra stupid question.

But you get a dose of Ricky Brown.

Ricky!

The_Original_Bob 6 years ago

Dumbest. OTS. Question. Ever.

blue73harley 6 years ago

Wildcats think Jayhawks are mighty tasty. (With all due appologies to the PETA freaks.)

tonythetiger 6 years ago

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

We dominate other teams because we can do anything if we put our minds together. I'm not superstitious. On the average, we've mostly killed them. But then again...