Previous   Next

What does your family do to celebrate Easter?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 23, 2008

Browse the archives

“We always go to church. All my kids are older now, but we still hide the eggs just for fun. My husband has to work this year, so we’ll be having Easter dinner on Saturday.”

“We spend the day together and have dinner. We also have an Easter egg hunt for all the kids.”

“We go to church in the morning. We all hang out together during the day and eat Easter dinner at night.”

“We do the church thing. First we go to the service, then all the kids go outside and hunt for eggs. They have Easter baskets as prizes for the kids who find the most.”

Comments

Dixie Jones 6 years, 4 months ago

moron oops marion do you ever post a one liner ?

Richard Heckler 6 years, 4 months ago

Enjoy ourselves. One younger child keeps the whole family young. Easter egg hunts and treasure hunts.

Buggie7 6 years, 4 months ago

Actually Peaches I have seen Marion post a one liner. Oh how Marion must have held back lol. He just has alot on his mind I suppose lol.

jonny_quest 6 years, 4 months ago

Instead of a rabbit, how about posting a picture of a dead puppy; a dead wolf-dog puppy. Surely, the same adults and children would chuckle at it, too.

WoolyBully 6 years, 4 months ago

Marion, do I know you? Did you used to drive a dark blue VW Beetle in the very early 70s? A while back you refered to the basement of the Bierstube. I was a (near daily) Bierstuber then.

coolmom 6 years, 4 months ago

curl in a ball somwhere away from gobs of sugar high kids and their friends.

WoolyBully 6 years, 4 months ago

Marion: don't specifically recall any of that iron in my time in Lawrence, but certainly know the various vehicles. The Fleetmaster was oh-so-cool. I had a '54 MG-TF and cherished it. Left Lawrence years ago; I've been gone to Europe since '71. My tastes have changed; in a nation where Mercedes and big Citroens are taxis, my last six consecutive rides have been Benzes. No, I'm certainly not wealthy; it's just that I cannot afford to keep repairing the alternatives. Mercedes build boring cars: boring, in that nothing ever goes wrong with them. Every Shelby ever made has been lovely... but today they're bordering on crude.

Kimi won this morning, Hamilton last week. Happy Easter, tomorrow's a holiday here. Day off. Wine at home. Almost time for bed. See you 'round campus.

WoolyBully 6 years, 4 months ago

I recall Spencer, but not the Toyota. I remember he had a green, race-prepared TR-6. Entriken had an MG-A that he ran in St Charles a few times. Bill was married to a Fox. Clancy had a yellow Bugeye that went like doo-doo off a Teflon shovel. You're talking too much "Detroit" for me. If it wasn't you, then who was it that drove that blue VW, with that strange automatic they offered for a while? Nice guy.

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

Bah! You and your necrology! It was thanks to you that I had to bar my doors and windows every Easter.

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

"This is just practice for real money-making blogging and stress relief!"

This plan must be taking some time to properly implement.

dajudge 6 years, 4 months ago

I celebrated this Easter Sunday by going to work and then getting off work and stopping by the liquor store to pick up some refreshing cold libation, but there was a sign on the door that said the liquor stores are closed on Easter. So much for celebratin'.

mulitdisciplinary 6 years, 4 months ago

Deciding togetherness might not be the best thing to continue.

dajudge 6 years, 4 months ago

Marion: That's true, but it's still better than taking your own bottle to the club and letting the bartender serve you your own liquor, or buying a liquor card and checking it off for each drink, and having to dance disco.

WoolyBully 6 years, 4 months ago

Hey Marion! As I'm new here, what do we do when this particular "post topic" is no longer valid? Like, we're under a decidedly "Easter" topic, which the LJW will presumably kill.... So, now what?

mulitdisciplinary 6 years, 4 months ago

Windlass (Anonymous) says:

Why does the Journal-World try to gather so much personal information?

very(!) funny Windlass