Previous   Next

What are you doing for spring break?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“We’re going down to the River Walk in San Antonio, and then we’re headed to the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas.”

“I’m going back home to Chicago. Not too exciting, but at least I don’t have to go to swimming practice for a week.”

“Going to the Bahamas. I’m just going to enjoy the sun, the beach and try to relax.”

“I’m taking a bus to Chicago to visit a friend, but I’m going to try to take in all the sights while I’m there. I’ll probably try to visit the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum.”

Comments

dajudge 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm going to brood about getting censored for telling about donating my rectum to science for charity when I got a colostomy to survive cancer and then read about somebody walking for "Breast" cancer. I guess you can say "breast" but not "rectum".

ChristmasCarol 6 years, 1 month ago

Play Go Fish with my niece and nephew, because my lying frigid boyfriend did not want to have kids and went and joined the Army and died in the siege of Normandy. So now I am an old maid that paints at the Senior Service Center with all the others of us unwanted old ladies.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 1 month ago

sgt, I decided to play R_I's game of hot potato and sent my youngest over to his house for the night. I won round one! :):):)

Pywacket 6 years, 1 month ago

Spend some time with my youngest while my oldest skis with his friends in CO.

We'll probably go bowling, drive up to Moon Marbles, maybe go swimming, and if it warms up enough, hit the zoo.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

Sue, it's not that she can't entertain herself; it's simply that you are far more entertaining than anything she could come up with on her own.

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 1 month ago

The most excitement I'm going to have is going out with some friends to look for chert to practice our flintknapping skills (i.e.--smash it into pieces). Other than that, I have three 20 page papers that I need to get a start on. So basically, it is just a week without classes for me. A sort of amnesty week. Just a break from classes and nothing more.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 1 month ago

Pulling my hair out, one a a time. That, or hiding from my youngest who can't seem to be able to entertain herself AND pulling my hair out. When the hair runs out, I'll switch to fingernails.

coolmom 6 years, 1 month ago

paint the kitchen and find activities for all these kids and their friends.

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

And watch lots and lots of basketball

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

I am going to work, read some books for class, and wait and see what the weather will do next in Lawrence, Ks.

ms_canada 6 years, 1 month ago

Welllllll - we thought it was spring, but yesterday it snowed all day and most of the night sooooooo, we will be shovelling the stuff again. It was just about all gone. Yuk and nuts. So indoor activity will include painting my baseboards white and looking for someone with a mitre saw to cut them and brad nail them on. Sure am sick of renovation stuff. Can't find anything anymore in my house. Think I'll just chill out on the couch with a good book and forget it all until spring arrives here in the frozen north. Hey maybe I'll light a fire and toast marshmellows this evening after the hockey game. Hey, the grandson scored a goal last night, yipee and Norfolk beat Portand 4-3.

cool 6 years, 1 month ago

saving money for august vacation to get out of here when it is so hot ............

cool 6 years, 1 month ago

Nothing Special -- waiting for summer vacation plans.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm headed to Bangalore for my massage and manicure/pedicure.

volunteer 6 years, 1 month ago

I am making an appearance on Jeopardy, where I will lose to hitme.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 1 month ago

Pull my hair out having a house full of kids and not caring if the laundry gets done.

ChristmasCarol 6 years, 1 month ago

I am pretty sure there is no place to fly, out of Corsica unless we use a helicopter. As I understand it camping in public parks is a no no in France as well.n As well I suppose Antonio's does not exist unless I got really luck and how do you spell Eiffel?

ChristmasCarol 6 years, 1 month ago

Pardon me I had to make something up. Actually the Colesium is too. If I would bother to look either of them up or spell them right. Anything else. Is the Champs-Elysee actually have stores in it?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 1 month ago

Competing in the annual "Spring Break Games".

It is an amateur contest held each year. I plan on taking home the gold medal. The games are kind of a version of "Hot Potato" involving the passing of devil spawn.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

The water polo team scheduled a match during spring break, so I'll be photographing that. Otherwise, since the most time-consuming part of my business is centered around the local high school, I actually will get a bit of a spring break. It'll be nice to have before my three spring sports start to keep me busy.

hitme 6 years, 1 month ago

The Parthenon is in Athens, Greece, not in Italy.

ChristmasCarol 6 years, 1 month ago

We are flying to Paris and taking a canal and motorbike ride down the countryside and sleeping at Montpelier. The next morning we are having brunch in the Riviera and then we will yacht down the mediterranean to Ibiza and spend the night there listening to the soundscape competition on the west beach. The next day we are going to sail to Corsica and look at some relics. Then we are flying up to Switzerland to ski for a day and have a night in the Alps sipping Swiss chocloate and Vodka.
The next morning we are flying down to Italy to go gondoling and take a quick tour of some more relics and the parthenon and the Colesium, then we are going to jetski until the sunsets and have wine on the bay at Antonio's. The next day we are flying up to Paris to a fashion show and some groovy underground bar tunes Old Orleans style music while the city lights flare up in the early morning and dance under the stars to the glory of existence and camp in the field near the Eiffle Tower. The next day we are going shopping at the Champs-Elysee and getting some fabulous new things to show everyone.

The next morning I am going to wake up and go to work like the rest of the people on earth and make sure I hit all the nails in straight and my boss is going to ask where I have been for a week.and I am going to say...

jonas 6 years, 1 month ago

. . . and this is something of a centric question. What'll the non-students get to say? Oh well, guess it is a weekend.

jonas 6 years, 1 month ago

Well, right now I'm in DC doing a Business School international project. Then I get to rest for three days while my wife is working, then we're probably going to Herman MO for a couple days to chill out together.