Previous   Next

What are you doing for spring break?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“We’re going down to the River Walk in San Antonio, and then we’re headed to the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas.”

“I’m going back home to Chicago. Not too exciting, but at least I don’t have to go to swimming practice for a week.”

“Going to the Bahamas. I’m just going to enjoy the sun, the beach and try to relax.”

“I’m taking a bus to Chicago to visit a friend, but I’m going to try to take in all the sights while I’m there. I’ll probably try to visit the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum.”

Comments

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

Well, right now I'm in DC doing a Business School international project. Then I get to rest for three days while my wife is working, then we're probably going to Herman MO for a couple days to chill out together.

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

. . . and this is something of a centric question. What'll the non-students get to say? Oh well, guess it is a weekend.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 9 months ago

The water polo team scheduled a match during spring break, so I'll be photographing that. Otherwise, since the most time-consuming part of my business is centered around the local high school, I actually will get a bit of a spring break. It'll be nice to have before my three spring sports start to keep me busy.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 9 months ago

Pull my hair out having a house full of kids and not caring if the laundry gets done.

volunteer 6 years, 9 months ago

I am making an appearance on Jeopardy, where I will lose to hitme.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm headed to Bangalore for my massage and manicure/pedicure.

ms_canada 6 years, 9 months ago

Welllllll - we thought it was spring, but yesterday it snowed all day and most of the night sooooooo, we will be shovelling the stuff again. It was just about all gone. Yuk and nuts. So indoor activity will include painting my baseboards white and looking for someone with a mitre saw to cut them and brad nail them on. Sure am sick of renovation stuff. Can't find anything anymore in my house. Think I'll just chill out on the couch with a good book and forget it all until spring arrives here in the frozen north. Hey maybe I'll light a fire and toast marshmellows this evening after the hockey game. Hey, the grandson scored a goal last night, yipee and Norfolk beat Portand 4-3.

mom_of_three 6 years, 9 months ago

I am going to work, read some books for class, and wait and see what the weather will do next in Lawrence, Ks.

coolmom 6 years, 9 months ago

paint the kitchen and find activities for all these kids and their friends.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 9 months ago

Pulling my hair out, one a a time. That, or hiding from my youngest who can't seem to be able to entertain herself AND pulling my hair out. When the hair runs out, I'll switch to fingernails.

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 9 months ago

The most excitement I'm going to have is going out with some friends to look for chert to practice our flintknapping skills (i.e.--smash it into pieces). Other than that, I have three 20 page papers that I need to get a start on. So basically, it is just a week without classes for me. A sort of amnesty week. Just a break from classes and nothing more.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 9 months ago

Sue, it's not that she can't entertain herself; it's simply that you are far more entertaining than anything she could come up with on her own.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 9 months ago

sgt, I decided to play R_I's game of hot potato and sent my youngest over to his house for the night. I won round one! :):):)

dajudge 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm going to brood about getting censored for telling about donating my rectum to science for charity when I got a colostomy to survive cancer and then read about somebody walking for "Breast" cancer. I guess you can say "breast" but not "rectum".