Previous   Next

Do you like the daylight-saving time change?

Browse the archives

“I feel tired at first, but I like having the extra hour once I get used to it.”

“A little bit, but you get less sleep.”

“No, because it makes me get up too early.”

“No, not really. My family is all grumpy because they lose an hour of sleep. It makes me grumpy, too, so it messes us all up.”

“Oh yeah, it’s awesome. It gives me more time to be playing basketball outside and more time to swim once the pool opens.”

“I don’t really like it. I don’t like to get up earlier. Once I get used to it though, I don’t really notice the difference.”

“I do, a lot. I like getting up earlier, because I feel like I have more energy, and my sister sleeps in more, so that’s less time I have to spend with her.”

“Sometimes. It’s a little hard to wake up in the morning with an hour taken away, but you get used to it. Then you have more time to play sports in the afternoon.”

Comments

i_have_only_valid_opinions 6 years, 1 month ago

Actually, beawolf, I just watched a news show last night on NBC that said the latest study shows energy use has gone up 4% since this new time went into place.

Who has the best sources? You or me? I don't know.

hopper 6 years, 1 month ago

I love it I get home from practice at 6 and still have a lot of time to spend in the sun.

bevy 6 years, 1 month ago

I bet the Bowman family is so proud of their son for dissing his sister on OTS. Gotta love the 8th grade boys!

As for the DST, I think it's great. I'm glad that I can get some work done at home after work, since it doesn't get dark 5 minutes after I arrive.

What I want to know is this - Where is the SPRING I ordered weeks ago?

Death to the Groundhog!

snowWI 6 years, 1 month ago

Extending daylight savings time is FOOLISH because it is darker in the morning hours in early March. Therefore, people end up using more electricity and energy to heat homes because it is cold outside.

beawolf 6 years, 1 month ago

"And it doesn't save us any energy or money!!!"

That statement is unproven. The last comprehensive study on the economic effects of DST was done in 2001 by the California Energy Commission. Their results showed a positive reduction in the amount of electricity consumed. 25% of the entire electrical consumption of households is used in the 4 hours before bedtime. With DST, families reduce that consumption by 1 to 5 percent. Collectively that resulted in millions of dollars of savings.

The US Dept. of energy is currently doing a nation wide analysis on the current DST changes.

i_have_only_valid_opinions 6 years, 1 month ago

And it doesn't save us any energy or money!!! Another brilliant job done, Mr. GWB!!!

bobberboy 6 years, 1 month ago

Yes and stop repeating your questions !

ChristmasCarol 6 years, 1 month ago

I love daylight savings time. With all the amber waves radiating from the sun giving them to all below here on earth like cosmic sunspot storms. At least we are not exposed to gamma waves while we lay in bed.

number3of5 6 years, 1 month ago

Daylight savings time is a big problem for everyone whether they realize it or not. It throws our internal clocks off. It also affects our pets. When they are used to going for walks at 4 pm, it is now 5 pm for us and they do not know the difference. New reports suggest it costs us more money also. So let's abolish daylight savings time for our health, the health of our pets and to be more cost effecient.