Previous   Next

What do you expect out of the Kansas University and Kansas State University basketball game today?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 1, 2008

Browse the archives

“It’ll be no contest; it’s payback time.”

“Hopefully, students have good sportsmanship during the game, but I hope we kick K-State’s butt.”

“Our big men are going to have trouble stepping up to Michael Beasley.”

“I hope they do good. They’ve actually surprised me. I’m used to OU.”

Comments

BABBOY 6 years, 1 month ago

i have no idea. I think KU wins big. They are pretty focused. But, if it is a close game, K-State could win because if their two man show is on, they can be very good and beat anybody. They are not to good on the road so my prediction, 88 to 69 with KU winning pretty easy like.

However, Beasley is the real deal. If I were Bill Self, I say let Beasley go crazy. Shut down their guards and keep Walker somewhat in check and KU wins big time. It would be interesting to see the KSU freshman play all four years and see what they could do. But, fortunately for KU, it will never happen. Beasley goes pro this year and Walker will go next year.

Snap, I think you did that joke last time the LJworld asked this question. Someone did anyway. No offense, but it is still not funny.

notajayhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

I expect that the team who puts more points on the scoreboard before the final horn goes off will be declared the winner.

soiledbrown 6 years, 1 month ago

if Self wises up and leaves Collins on the bench KU will win...if not Collins will cost us yet another victory. Rocky- I beleive that infidel was reffering to a statement that Beasley himself made...."we gonna beat them in Africa" my question has always been, if Beasley is this good, why Kstate? why not a school that is more of a championship contender?

RockyInn 6 years, 1 month ago

infidel785. You might want to be thinking of what your new posting name will be. How did some of your posts survive this long...amazing.

Multidisciplinary 6 years, 1 month ago

well, at least some of us got it. :D

Just love you people!

infidel785 6 years, 1 month ago

My guess is this:

Beasely will have the game of his life (as one player on EVERY team does against us), K-State will hit every prayer they throw up, they will hit 11 3's and shoot 11 more free throws than us. All of that said, KU wins by 6. Then Beasely can go back to Africa...

jonny_quest 6 years, 1 month ago

Expectations for a basketball game? Given the reality of college/pro sports, basketball fulfills two primary expectations: 1.) profits for the school or owner, 2.) a way for profit-producing players to avoid incarceration.

Groanmaggot 6 years, 1 month ago

A hot date with either mary or brittney....:)

ohjayhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

R_I - Do you also expect them to be prepared? I sure hope that KU is!

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

I expect strong skating, hard checking, and hopefully some good goaltending.

Oops, wait. That's what I expect out of the high school hockey game I'm photographing tonight. My basketball season ended last night when my local high school team lost on a last-second shot.

gccs14r 6 years, 1 month ago

I predict embarassment here and jubilant mayhem in Aggieville.

jayhawklawrence 6 years, 1 month ago

Darrell Arthur has to stay out of foul trouble because they will be looking right off to get him reaching, Mario has to look for his shot on the perimeter. We have to have an outside game and an inside game. Brandon has to be active all over the court. Play their D.

The high screens have to be executed like they are supposed to actually peel off a defender not because the coach said so. The ball handlers have to USE the screens. Inside, outside, pick and roll. Execute. Call it a W.

Mylantahawk 6 years, 1 month ago

It is a game that should separate us as the better team from the Wildcats, who have immense talent and youth. We should beat them at home, after going through some conference doldrums in the last several weeks! Beasley the Beast will have another incredible game, but we will ultimately be the better team!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 1 month ago

I expect that they will be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 1 month ago

snap, you forgot to mention bouncing balls.

nobody1793 6 years, 1 month ago

lots of ice packs afterwards.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

A bunch of tall guys will run back & forth. They'll also jump a lot.

Multidisciplinary 6 years, 1 month ago

I expect some will be happy, some will be sad, and total anarchy and mayhem downtown with either team winning.