Previous   Next

Which Jayhawk’s NBA career are you most interested in following?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“Probably Arthur. I think he has a lot of potential in the NBA with his attitude and ability.”

“I’ll be sad to see Mario go, but I’ll definitely be most interested to see how he does.”

“I would have to say Darnell Jackson. I like kids who play hard all the time and work hard to get where they are. After all he’s given to the university, I think he really deserves whatever he can achieve at the next level.”

“It would probably be Mario Chalmers. I like to watch him play. I don’t watch a lot of pro basketball. But if I came across a game and he was playing, I would definitely watch it.”

Comments

looza 5 years, 10 months ago

I will follow the career of J.R. Giddens. I thought he was one of the most talented Jayhawk players ever but I think Bill Self and J.R. didn't get along. I use to follow the career of Greg Dreiling but I got lost along the way. I think he cuts down tree branches now.....I dont know.

HighScore 5 years, 10 months ago

I am going to be interested in following all of there careers. It is always interesting to look in the box scores and see how Gooden, Hinrich, Collison, Pierce and others are doing. There are going to be even more KU alums to be keeping an eye out for next year.I would have to say that one former Jayhawk that may surprising draw more attention than I might think is J.R. Giddens. I was shocked to see the Celts draft him with the last pick in the first round. I will be keeping an eye on Jackson, Rush, Aurther, Chalmers and even Kahn to see how they perform in the next level, but I will also follow Giddens. Part of me wants to see him fall flat on his face whie the other part of me is happy to see that he may turn his life around and become a solid contributor in the NBA.

labmonkey 5 years, 10 months ago

I have to agree with those who say Khaaaaaaaaan. He will be the next Ostertag.

mushroomgirl 5 years, 10 months ago

I hope they will all do good in there career in the NBA. I wish them all the luck and they are all good but my favorite is Brandon Rush :) good luck former jayhawks.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 10 months ago

None,Not much of a stalker.Well maybe once, but we will just rack it up to "experimenting during college".

fu7il3 5 years, 10 months ago

I can't get excited about regular season NBA period, but I don't think I am the only one, for the most part, the players never seem to excited about it either. Watching eight guys stand around while two guys play one on one isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

The NBA is a little bit obnoxious; I'll pay attention when the Pistons are in the playoffs, but beyond that, I have a hard time caring what happens. Any league that lets its venues play music and other annoying sounds while the game is actually occurring isn't a league I can enjoy on a regular basis.To be honest, I have a hard time caring about any of the really long regular seasons. I just can't get excited about 80+ games, and I certainly can't get excited about 160+ games. That's something I like about football: there just aren't that many games. I care about the football regular season, but for the other sports, I have to wait until the end of the season and the playoffs.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 10 months ago

Hard time waking up?This will give you your morning shock value."Matt Damon no longer The Sexiest Man Alive?"http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2192951/Matt-Damon-no-longer-the-Sexiest-Man-Alive.html

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

I'm happy for all of them, but I'm afraid my active following of their career will only go as far as having watched them get drafted. I don't care that much about the NBA, and while I do notice when Jayhawks make headlines, such as Hinrich and Pierce, I won't follow any of it too closely.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 10 months ago

All of them, but I will have the best opportunity to follow Darnell's and Sasha's (once he comes back over). I've grown up a Cavs fan and am pretty excited that they ended up with two Jayhawks when all was said and done.

TopJayhawk 5 years, 10 months ago

I will be watching and interested in all of them. But probably I will be most inerested in Sasha. Only because I think he may end up with the sweetest deal of all. Who else can go home, essentially play, and develop for the NBA, while making a cool million a yr. then come to the NBA, possibly play with three other Jayhawks, and make who knows how much more $. That is sweet!!