Previous   Next

Is your voter registration up to date?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“No, mine isn’t. I’ve recently moved to a new address, so I’ll have to register again soon.”

“I am as far as I know. I’ve only missed voting in one election since I registered.”

“Yes. I’ve been at the same address for 12 years, and I vote in every election.”

“Yes. I’ve been registered as a Republican in Neosho County for quite a few years, and I’ve voted every time there’s been an election.”

Related story

Comments

bearded_gnome 5 years, 10 months ago

the poster above who "identified" the current policy that no ID is required to vote, thus voter fraud is permitted: correct. when I go to vote, the poll workers remember me, so I've never worried about someone voting in my stead. however, I would feel better if ID's were required. vote fraud does disenfranchise legal voters. in washington state's very close governor's race of a few years ago, was just decided by a few hundred votes, btw they miraculously showed up from king county. in that election, it is now documented that nearly two dozen dead people voted. Barry H. O'bama from Cook Co. IL, how many of the hundreds of thousands of primary votes he got in his home county came from people who live at room temperature?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 10 months ago

very happy day to Jonas, and Snappy! ***well said purplesage,Obama is probably a very nice guy to be around. trust him with being the "commander of Chief" I don't think so.

purplesage 5 years, 10 months ago

Yes - and it has been since I was 18 - and I'm way past 30. Voting is a real privilege and a civic responsibility.Peaches - I couldn't agree more with your assessment of Mr. Obama, who seems like a rather pleasant chap, but the more I learn, the more concerned I am. Just a thought - you could vote for a real patriot named John McCain.

PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock 5 years, 10 months ago

Voter registration - yup30th birthday - well since it happened just last week it's pretty fresh in my memory. It was a day I wanted to just forget was happening -- but hubby and kiddo surprised me with a party at my favorite local restaraunt with about 25 of my closest friends and family. We laughed and talked and ate good food and had a great time - hubby turned a day I wanted to forget into a day I will always remember!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 10 months ago

yesI'm with Sue. If they removed my post yesterday, I'm quite sure they won't allow any birthday stories..other than the night Bennigans served the brown guacamole.On the other hand, the bball story yesterday got away with all kinds of things we couldn't say on here!I thought snap's birthday isn't until Wed.?

00 5 years, 10 months ago

Yes, all of my voter registrations are up to date.All of them.

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, my personal registration is up to date. Unfortunately, the three that I have under Vladimer Staalsgard, Ramon Rodriguez and Magnus Maximus are all still on old addresses, and I have to work on my dialects for a bit before I try and get them renewed.

jonas 5 years, 10 months ago

blue73harley (Anonymous) says: "What did you do for your thirtieth birthday celebration?" OR "Do you remember your thirtieth birthday celebration?"Yes, I remember it. Thanfully, as I had to get up and go see my students today. Thanks Sue.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 10 months ago

jonas, I missed your birthday. I wasn't on-line yesterday, but I woke up and just knew it was your birthday, so I wanted to send you some well wishing.voter registration up to date? Yes!snap, is it really your b.day today? If so...happy b.day! I remember my 21st birthday celebration. The "future hubby" and I were dating and he took me to the plaza to celebrate. (That's all I can tell you because this is a family show.) ;)

oldvet 5 years, 10 months ago

Does it matter? The Gov has decreed that no ID is required to vote, thus I can go to any polling place and claim to be any person and vote... get out the phone book, pick a name, determine (based on their address) where their precinct is and go vote...

bearded_gnome 5 years, 10 months ago

yes, certainly up to date. voted in every election since I was 18, except one. and that one I was in the midst of a messy divorce!Peaches, right on girl. or couldn't vote for a man to be president who doesn't have the moral strength to separate himself from bigoted hateful preacher of 20 years; domestic terrorist bomber buddy; or wacko catholic priest who calls hilary a white supremicist. no, not strong enough in the heart to be president. ***here's an ots question that would be better:do you feel confident your vote gets counted properly? why? should read "supremacist! a rose by any other name ...

Deb Stavin 5 years, 10 months ago

Peaches, are YOU wearing a flag pin? Me neither.

acg 5 years, 10 months ago

Of course it is. Oh, and peaches, let me tell you about this big beautiful bridge I have for sale.....

ontheotherhand 5 years, 10 months ago

Gee peaches, Big Bird could get your vote. How shallow!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

I remember my 21st birthday. Spent all day in a pouring rain on a muddy machine gun range at Ft. Riley.

blue73harley 5 years, 10 months ago

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 10 months ago

Yes. Thanks for asking.Anyone got a real OTS question for today?

Dixie Jones 5 years, 10 months ago

yes it is , but do i really wanna vote for a man who wont say the pledge of allegence, slaute the american flag, acknowledge the natnional anthem, or wear a american flag..?

blue73harley 5 years, 10 months ago

Whew, tough question! Let me see...Hmmmm...well, yes it is.