Previous   Next

Would you consider taking your vacation at or close to home?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“Sure, because I’ve lived here for several years and have never been able to really explore everything that Kansas or Missouri has to offer. And now that I have kids, I feel like it’s really important to introduce them to that.”

“Yeah. I can’t afford gas. I work to be broke. So staying home and saving some money would be great.”

“Yeah. To me, there is a difference between vacationing and traveling. Vacationing is more of a state of mind and escaping the stresses of everyday life, which can be done anywhere.”

“Oh yeah, because I can’t afford to go any farther with gas prices the way they are.”

Related story

Comments

killjoy 7 years, 1 month ago

Vacations are for the weak. Work makes you free

sgtwolverine 7 years, 1 month ago

Too late! I already took my vacation to Pennsylvania.

ski_bum 7 years, 1 month ago

Anybody who dosen't make time/save money for an escape to somewhere they've never been once a year is really missing out on life

dminear60 7 years, 1 month ago

Snap, are you accepting reservations?

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

I have reservations about several things.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 1 month ago

We spent a week-end in KCMO and loved every second of it. Our daughter was okay wtth taking a friend and they had a wonderful time. The toy museum,Science City,a Friends of the Zoo happening,getting together with big sister ,staying in a motel with swimming and choosing gifts for other friends seemed like a pleasurable experience. In the end there was plenty of gas left over...did not use even one quarter of a tank. Also ate good food..... yumo!

pattib 7 years, 1 month ago

We used our government rebate towards a vacation in Honolulu!It was great & we used it on ourselves & in the U.S. Luau's are awesome entertainment!

geekin_topekan 7 years, 1 month ago

I was on vacation from '91 til '04.Oh the places I went,the people I met and the things that I saw!Some are unforgettable,others...not so much.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago

You can't get a suntan on the MoonBut I wouldn't mind a holiday there...Thank you Mister President for my holiday, sirI couldn't really say that I wish you were hereBut thank you all the same, sirFor my holiday...Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, such a wonderful time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnzYHsqS11I