Previous   Next

What is your favorite frozen treat to have on a hot day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 23, 2008

Browse the archives

“The Fla-Vor-Ice pops that you push up out of the plastic.”

“I would definitely have to go with a margarita.”

“A green tea frappe from the Scone Lady’s.”

“I would say a Choco Taco.”

Related story

Comments

fu7il3 6 years, 3 months ago

I actually prefer ice cream on cold rainy days in fall. Not sure why.

monkeyspunk 6 years, 3 months ago

sunflower_sue:Thats called a smoothie. Its yummy, but its still a smoothie.BEERHot day, must have BEER.

preebo 6 years, 3 months ago

Does anyone remember OtterPops?

maybeso 6 years, 3 months ago

peppermint lemonade, mm mm mmmm...

Dixie Jones 6 years, 3 months ago

im thinkin i could hang out with a few of these margarita fans

Martini_Boy 6 years, 3 months ago

Of course a shaken beefeaters martini up in a frosty chilled glass.......

coolmom 6 years, 3 months ago

margarita sounds awesome although i like a glass of fruity wine with crushed ice and real fruit.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 3 months ago

sunflower_sue said:"1/2 cup sugar (Splenda for the death conscious)"There. I fixed it for you, sue. Sugar substitutes = death.A friend of mine works at a restaurant in Ann Arbor, and during one of the very hot, humid days of the recent Ann Arbor Art Fair, she had two women come in and order iced tea with their meal ... and between the two of them, they proceeded to consume 30 packets of Splenda. Isn't that a fatal dose?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

sgt, only sugar for you! (and I think 16 packets of sweetener per consumer is actually the lethal dose)monkeyspunk, use the real whipping cream and see what you get. Scoopable, thick, coat the roof of your mouth ice creamy goodness. I don't think you could make this in a blender (much too thick) but you could try. I'm not stoppin ya. Call me when it's ready and I'll help you finish it.

jonas 6 years, 3 months ago

The frigid embrace of a life lived without hope?

jonas 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey, it was phrased in the form of a question.

photobug228 6 years, 3 months ago

Frozen Choc chip cookies, with soft ice cream on top.

McShindig 6 years, 3 months ago

If I have access to it: Aviator gin martini. (Aviator is this awesome gin from Oregon. I have yet to find it here). Barring that, I'm with prospector: Oatmeal stout from Free State.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 3 months ago

Drumsticks or Oreo Blizzards (since none of the DQ's seem to make Reese's Pieces Blizzards anymore - although I don't think any of the Lawrence DQ's had them to begin with).

Bruce Rist 6 years, 3 months ago

Tom: I'll have a decaf coffee. Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso. Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino. Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream. Harris: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon. Trudi: I'll have a twist of lemon. Tom: I'll have a twist of lemon. Morris Frost: I'll have a twist of lemon. Cynthia: I'll have a twist of lemon.

Danielle Brunin 6 years, 3 months ago

preebo,I love Otterpops! Do they still make them?

Lindsey Buscher 6 years, 3 months ago

The Dillon's Private Selection brand has these chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches that are flippin' awesome.

oldvet 6 years, 3 months ago

jonas, you need to come on over and enjoy a Bruichladdich and a Cohiba and chill out...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

(less than) 5 minute ice cream:10 oz frozen fruit (strawberries work nicely)1/2 cup sugar (Splenda for the diet conscious)2/3 cup cream (half and half or yogurt also works...just add a bit of milk to the yogurt to thin it)process fruit and sugar in food processor. Slowly add cream. Viola!Eat! Enjoy!I will make this concoction to share with you, jonas. You will again have hope. Life will have meaning.

valgrlku 6 years, 3 months ago

Bomb pops get my vote. YUMMY!

imagold 6 years, 3 months ago

Fudgesicles. Used to love orange slushies from DQ and had them nearly every evening after swimming while staying with grandparents. Then got brain freeze and rode my bike into a house. LOL! Also love root beer floats with chocolate ice cream; a cup of Sonic ice; lemonberry slush - straight up. And those Tupperward Kool-Aid popsicles were awesome! Honestly though, I don't think there's much that beats a glass of iced water.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

tangential: "Antarctica"MD: "Anyone know what yellow liquor that was?"Frank: "Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow."

Scattered 6 years, 3 months ago

Ice cold chamomile tea over crushed ice! Nectar of the gods!

sunflowerks54 6 years, 3 months ago

Sherbet floats. Use Fresca or your favorite Lemon-lime drink. Add a scoop or two of frozen lime or rainbow sherbert. Cool;refreshing; kids and adults alike love it!