Previous   Next

Is the downtown sidewalk sale a tradition for you?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 18, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, very much so. I usually just come in the afternoon when it’s cooler.”

“No, I can’t say that it is. I just happened to drive by and stopped to see what was going on.”

“Yes. This is my third year in a row.”

“It’s not necessarily a tradition for me, but I do like to check it out. And since I work downtown, it was convenient for me to shop around a little after work.”

Related story

Comments

TopJayhawk 6 years, 5 months ago

Short bus yeah baby. A "little" reward. You are going to the wrong parties darlin'...:-D

Kookamooka 6 years, 5 months ago

"Yes, very much so. I usually just come in the afternoon when it's cooler."Is it cooler in the afternoon? It was 61 at 5:00am. 91 at 4:00pm.

countrygirl 6 years, 5 months ago

I think the heat fried someone's brain. It's rarely cooler in the afternoon than in the morning.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

I'm w/ md...I traditionally don't go.I say we come up with new ending lines for what md started:"If I wanted that much close body contact in searing heat for little reward with strangers,"I'd ride public transit in San Francisco during a heat wave. (Smelly, too.)

Ceallach 6 years, 5 months ago

Haven't gone for years."If I wanted that much close body contact in searing heat for little reward with strangers,"I'd camp out under the shrubs that surround the Campanile.

Haiku_Cuckoo 6 years, 5 months ago

Does Ginger have a black eye? I know that people can get a little rough when they fight over sales items, but punching each other seems excessive.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 5 months ago

I can't say that I could justify the trip out there for the sidewalk sales. I think my travel expenses would far outweigh any savings I would be getting. However, looking at the names/professions of todays respondents, the Gilligan's Island theme song popped into my head what with a Ginger, a Mariemma, and a professor. Granted Maryemma and the professor are the same person and Mariemma isn't quite Mary Ann - it was close enough that it's going to keep that stinkin' song in my head the rest of the day... here on OTS Isle.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

"If I wanted that much close body contact in searing heat for little reward with strangers, I'd get between Snap and his pleather chaps." -TOBNow there's an image that's not gonna leave the brain any time soon!md, I'll sleep easier knowing my Starbucks is safe...for now.Now you must excuse me while I go settle a heated arguement over toothpaste usage. (only 1 more month 'til school starts... Don't think I'm gonna make it.)

trinity 6 years, 5 months ago

If I wanted that much close body contact in searing heat for little reward with strangers,"...i'd make sure i get tickets to the douglas county demo derby.

dandelion 6 years, 5 months ago

What is funny is that everyone who posts all day long, every day on this forum would never go outside and be around people much anyway. They would have to walk away from their computers. I went, and no there isn't just junk. And yes, there are a lot of people there, but most were very fun and friendly. I'm not sure that any of you could get away from the computer long enough to have an orgy. Maybe a virtual orgy.

geniusmannumber1 6 years, 5 months ago

"What is funny is that everyone who posts all day long, every day on this forum would never go outside and be around people much anyway. They would have to walk away from their computers."Says the person who's posted 130 times in the last month.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago

"Is the downtown sidewalk sale a tradition for you?"Why, yes, it is.An upon posting my comment, I once again will have fulfilled that tradition.