Previous   Next

What is it about Batman that keeps people coming back?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“What isn’t it about Batman? He’s not even a superhero, he’s just awesome. He doesn’t need super powers. He relies on technology and his own strength, speed and martial arts training to be a hero.”

“I think it’s because he was able to face his biggest fear and turn it into an asset.”

“I think it’s probably because he’s a dark, tortured soul with a sense of humor in spite of it. I think there’s a little Batman in us all.”

“That’s an interesting question. If it was about Superman, I would have known what to say. I think it’s the fact that he’s just a normal person, he doesn’t have any powers, so it makes being a superhero seem attainable.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 9 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says: I have no idea why:Chuck Norris could take Batman and his sidekick Robin. Heck even Buttercup from the Powder Puff Girls could take the pair.---Timmeh!

Marion Lynn 5 years, 9 months ago

First, let's get our teminology straight....The Super Hero is " THE Batman", not "Batman", OK?What keeps me coming back?To sort of borrow a line from Charlie Wilson; "I have a fondness for hot cars and hot women!"The Batmobile, Cat Woman and Batgirl.I would have put it a different way but the post would have only lasted seconds!Lol!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 9 months ago

I have no idea why...Chuck Norris could take Batman and his sidekick Robin. Heck even Buttercup from the Powder Puff Girls could take the pair.

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

svengalli: Since 75% of your posts are obsessing over cool/spiderman, why don't you just propose to him and get it over with. Being forced to watch this middle-school flirting is awkward and embarrassing.

Windlass 5 years, 9 months ago

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

Windlass 5 years, 9 months ago

Jack Nicholson playing the role of the Joker.

spiderman 5 years, 9 months ago

dear jonathan -- on line moderatorplease put Svengalli back in his 'mousetrap'

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 9 months ago

"What is it about Batman that keeps people coming back?"It's the batarangs, silly.

svengalli 5 years, 9 months ago

Anonymous userspiderman (Anonymous) says:...i am withdrawing from the forum...>>>>>Promises never kept.

Boston_Corbett 5 years, 9 months ago

Hoping that Batgirl will show up soon close behind...

beatrice 5 years, 9 months ago

I think it is his indestructible bullet-proof bracelets, his invisible airplane and his Lasso of Truth that makes Batman so popular.

JoRight 5 years, 9 months ago

lol "What isn't it about Batman? He's not even a superhero, he's just awesome." This made my day. Thanks Brand. m/

spiderman 5 years, 9 months ago

jonathan at LJW let me out of the spider cage !

geniusmannumber1 5 years, 9 months ago

Whoa, whoa, whoa, spidey. What happened to your comment boycott?

spiderman 5 years, 9 months ago

spiderman just likes the overall feeling of that 'tightie outfit' with spiderwebs & mask.....better than tatoobetter than gothspidermanmore like speedo outfit for a superhero !

le 5 years, 9 months ago

The Keaton movies...and west sitcom is nuthin like the newest versions! Batman Begins is in a class of its own...It kicked butt compared to the Burton films! I cant wait to see ..The Dark Knight! Please dont confuse the lame Burton movies (however he did kick butt on,,Corpse bride & Edward Scissor Hands)....with the new Batman...this director captured what the original charactor was all about! Adam West & Burt Ward does make one think of the amigouisly Gay duo .....Kapow...(bend over )...Slam..Bam...Holy Fudgepack..Batman..Help me stuff my intestines back up my Bat poop shoot....

autie 5 years, 9 months ago

Now because of this I will have the image of the Ambigously Gay Duo in my head for the rest of the day..the tights comment. What if they had an OTS question, "What is it about cool that made spiderman come back?" repeatedly..in succession

McShindig 5 years, 9 months ago

Because Batman is freakin' awesome.

Das_Ubermime 5 years, 9 months ago

R_II think you are thinking of Michael Jackson's household. We're easy to confuse; I'm a super-sized mime, he's a super-creepy former popstar who likes to sleep with boys... It's a subtle difference, but it is there.

rumor_man 5 years, 9 months ago

The tights....for the ladies of course.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 9 months ago

New blog about Family Pranks..come share yours.As funny as you all are, you probably come from a long line of clowns!http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/multidisciplinary/2008/jul/17/family-pranks/

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

Because he can go from the cartoonish fun type as Adam West to that nearly psychotic figure found in the Dark Knight books. Because he's not super-powered, just a human bad@$$ with a lot of really neat gadgetry.

geniusmannumber1 5 years, 9 months ago

Because Batman is awesome, but at the same time, he's really cool.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 9 months ago

harley: "Pow! Bang! Wap!"The tilted rooms... waaaaay back in the day.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 9 months ago

You guy are funny this early in the morning.Who can resist those characters, and some of those hero costumes?Scroll to the post at 1-5-2008 7:13am, below. You also might enjoy the samurai a few posts down.If you hunt around on this site, please note it's not censored and I didn't do it!(goto the first page to start being shocked and offended, rofl and kill lots of time you'll never get back)http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=13587517&f=135&st=160

blue73harley 5 years, 9 months ago

Nope. It started with Adam West. Pow! Bang! Wap!

autie 5 years, 9 months ago

it starts off with Jack Nickleson, then George Clooney...and whoever..Now Heath Ledger's last movie.

Das_Ubermime 5 years, 9 months ago

I think it has a lot to do with how easy it is to identify with him. I mean, a man in a tight-fitting leather outfit and a utility belt with a bunch of 'toys'? That sounds just like a Friday night at the Ubermime household!