Previous   Next

Do you prefer advance voting or voting on Election Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 16, 2008

Browse the archives

“I like to vote on Election Day. I’m a hands-on type of guy. I like to go in, fill out the form, put it in the machine and know my vote got counted.”

“I prefer Election Day. I like to put things off as long as I can. I probably wouldn’t even remember if everyone else wasn’t going to do it.”

“On Election Day. It’s tradition. I usually make a day out of it. I like go out to breakfast, maybe talk to some of the candidates if they are around and then go to the polls.”

“I like to physically be there on Election Day. It just feels more like you’re really participating in the voting process when it’s more of an event.”

Related story

Comments

preebo 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm for voting... period.I personally vote early, so that I can help others who can't get to the polls vote on Election Day.

dminear60 6 years, 1 month ago

Both. Vote early and vote often!

sunflower_sue 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm all about getting that little sticker that says "I voted today" to proudly wear on my shirt...with fashionable hat and giant insectoid sunglasses.

chapdaddy 6 years, 1 month ago

Super Dave!! Time for a Gustenburger!

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

Hey sue, maybe you could get giant insectoid glasses that say "I voted" on each lens. That would be pretty amazing.

trinity 6 years, 1 month ago

i like the whole election day going in to the booth thing. to VOTE! get yer minds outta the gutter! :)

ms_canada 6 years, 1 month ago

I have never had a reason to vote in the advance poll as I am usually at home on election day. I can not see any reason for an advance vote other than being out of town or in hospital for surgery. And I do think that everyone should be required to wear those large insectoid glasses. It would really make the day memorable and special and maybe more people would be inclined to get out and vote. Don't ya think????

conservativepunker 6 years, 1 month ago

Election Day. Advance makes one look lazy, as if voting on the proper day isn't important enough to set time aside to do it. I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes, even when I lived in NYC.

vpete69 6 years, 1 month ago

I dont vote unless there is someone I want to vote for who closely matches my beliefs. I will NEVER vote a straight one sided ticket just because I stand on a particular side of the line. So many people DO vote that way and it makes me sick. Like they feel that they are betraying their party if they dont. People really need to do some research on their 'favorite' candidate and find out if they really do agree with their views. Sorry, but 90% of the people out there only vote for a candidate based on the 'R' or 'D' next to their name. Lame. I am a conservative, but I do not like McCain and will not vote for him. I know you will all shout at me and tell me that I have no right to complain about our government if I dont vote...which is fine. In that case, I'll write Ronald McDonald in. Hes a much better choice than any we've been given in the last 20 years.

mushfish 6 years, 1 month ago

chapdaddy (Anonymous) says: Super Dave!! Time for a Gustenburger!What's a Gustenburger?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago

MsC: "I can not see any reason for an advance vote other than being out of town or in hospital for surgery."Generally, I'm ready to vote again in January.