Previous   Next

Do you have any secondary sources of income?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 13, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, I just flew in from California to teach a summer class here at KU.”

“I occasionally sell stuff on eBay, mostly video games, but not all that often.”

“I just started a second part-time job a couple of months ago. I’ve got two growing teenagers I can hardly keep up with.”

“I don’t even have a primary source. I just graduated, so I’m still looking.”

Related story

Comments

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 4 months ago

I don't have a secondary source of income. My dad, however, sells osage orange bow staves on ebay. He splits the logs by hand and ships the staves to people who use them to make wooden bows. And he does surprisingly well with it.

notajayhawk 6 years, 4 months ago

This question sponsored by the Kansas City region of the Internal Revenue Service.(I wonder how that kid in the story about gas prices affecting his lawn business feels about now, having reported his 20 lawns x $20 per week?)

southerngirl 6 years, 4 months ago

Primary source: teachingSecondary source: trophy husband(I'm REALLY high maintainence : ) )

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago

Sheep herder.Doesn't pay worth a damn.I aspire to be a shepherd... but times being what they are....

beatrice 6 years, 4 months ago

RI has a trophy husband?No, all sources are primary.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago

R_I: "Like in that gay cowboy movie?"( I see my former "irreverence" has come back to haunt me. )No. We all saw what became of that "shepherd"-face painted, roaming the streets of Gotham, deranged... culminating in a drug overdose.I was seeking something somewhat more pastoral... on a hillside....

walkdog262 6 years, 4 months ago

Is Kayla Edwards looking for a trophy husband?

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

Primary source: Trophy wife (had to balance it out) Secondary: Selling stolen boa-constrictors on the black market. Had to do something with my 3 years of Parseltongue study. Oh, and I'll be teaching in the fall. I guess they pay for that.

hornhunter 6 years, 4 months ago

Yep, just started my 8th yesterday.BTW, why would spiderman want a second one since his first wash a complete wash?

Ronda Miller 6 years, 4 months ago

I am looking for trophy husband - well, okay, not husband, just want one to sit around to collect dust.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago

MD: "So I'm guessing you're in it for the fringe benefits?"Definitely for the fringe benefits... fringe thoughts, fringe insights... titles of fringe cowboy songs.... MD: "got wool?"... pulled neatly over my eyes, generally.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago

sunflower_sue: "I sell trophy husbands."Lease them. More long-term profit.