Previous   Next

What are your favorite kinds of fireworks?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 4, 2008

Browse the archives

“The two- to three- inch balls, preferably the red and blue ones, but I like any kind of mortar shells.”

“Black Cats. I like to throw them in the water and time it so they blow up right as they hit.”

“I like the big artillery shells, but I don’t like to shoot them out of the tube. I just throw them on the ground.”

“During a fireworks display, the ones that explode and have a shape of some sort, whether it’s a heart or stars, or it looks like Saturn.”

Comments

labmonkey 6 years, 5 months ago

One comment, and this is on the most discussed list? Throwing mortars in the water is pretty cool....

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

Wait ... Chelsi? Is this another case of misspelling an existing name to make an ostensibly unique name?Anyway, my favorite kind of fireworks are the big ones that go boom.

ms_canada 6 years, 5 months ago

We don't much go in for personal fireworks here in Alberta. The display that the city or province give us several times a year is so phenominal that no others can compete. We had a great show on Tuesday night for Canada Day at 11pm. It must occur at that time since it is still daylight here until 10:30. This month for 10 days, Edmonton has our Exhibition and during that, every night at 11 there is a great display from the grounds which is just across the river from me. As I have mentioned before, we live high on the river bank and our street is perfect for watching the display. So loads of cars come here and park at that time. The other night there must have been 40 cars up and down the street. The display lasts for about 20 minutes. I would take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy 4th of July and I trust you will enjoy your celebrations very much.

conservativepunker 6 years, 5 months ago

I miss the Cherry Bombs, M-80s and Silver Salutes of my youth. Those were fireworks!

davidnta 6 years, 5 months ago

I love the M-80s as a child. I remember throwing them into the water and they would make the water blow up. Roman candles were another favorite of mine. Lighting multiple of roman candles and shooting them in the sky was fun.

H_Lecter 6 years, 5 months ago

I've alway enjoyed blowing up black cats...and brown ones, grey ones, spotted ones, striped ones, hairless ones..I'm not picky

coolmom 6 years, 5 months ago

the pretty night time stuff especially the one called purple rain because its nice and one of the longer ones. happy 4th all.

geekin_topekan 6 years, 5 months ago

Chelsi?Yeah,chicks are like that.Phaen(Fawn)Myndee(Mindy/Melinda)Aimmee(Amy)Bambi(yep)Meanwhile back on the topic...The coolest fireworks can be bought in Canada.They looked like giant bottle rockets but the little tubular part that is glued to the stick was about the size of a 2liter Coke bottle.$30-$40 each.

oldvet 6 years, 5 months ago

Napalm... from an F-4 coming in low and fast...

OnlyTheOne 6 years, 5 months ago

Skyrockets. Lain on the road and lighted - watch automobiles try to avoid 'em.Love it.

bliddel 6 years, 5 months ago

My favorite kind of fireworks would be the kind where an entire city commission was voted out of office for having taken away one of our most treasured liberties - that being the responsible use of fireworks. This year I watched/listened in amazement while 100s or perhaps 1000s of violators enjoyed fireworks within earshot of my neighborhood (well within the city). I told the city commission before they passed this ordinance (no pun intended) that they could never enforce it. They didn't care. So much for equal protection under the law. Most governments can distinguish between responsible use and irresponsible use of firearms or motor vehicles. Why not fireworks? Yesterday I was too afraid of my nazi authoritarian government to enjoy what's left of my freedoms on a day when Americans used to celebrate real freedom.