Previous   Next

Have you ever listened to the State of the State address?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“I have on occasion, but usually just as a consequence of driving around while listening to public radio when it was on.”

“I can’t say that I have. They’re not that well publicized. Actually, this is the first time I’ve heard anyone talking about it.”

“Yes I have, last year’s and others. I’m always interested in what they have to say.”

“No, never. I’ve seen the State of the Union before, but never the State of the State. I know it’s bad, but I tend to pay more attention to the bigger political events.”

Comments

jimincountry 6 years, 3 months ago

Topeka Cap-Journal says Sebelius to respond for dems to Bush's state of the union address.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 3 months ago

I once listened to part of Detroit's state of the city address, and then I listened to analysts rip it apart. The latter was far better than the former.

BABBOY 6 years, 3 months ago

Yeah, I got the State of the State thing but refuse to believe that two of the four people randomly picked have listened to the Governor issue the address. It is not that well covered and one would have to make an effort to listen to it as opposed to the State of Union which is on nearly every TV channel.

prospector 6 years, 3 months ago

R_I, Alf, the oil man that would have made a good president and it is just fun to say his name. Alf would not be a happy camper today. Nancy dropped the ball. Oil well!

JJE007 6 years, 3 months ago

Have you ever listened to the State of the State address? Um... Wouldn't that be "Kansas"?~)

BABBOY 6 years, 3 months ago

Are you kidding?

Do these people understand you are talking about the State governor and not the President?

Read about the proproganda in the paper and deal with there.

Uhlrick_Hetfield_III 6 years, 3 months ago

I thought the part about turning Strong Hall over to Mizzou for use as a commuter campus/outreach center was a bit weird, but otherwise she managed to keep up the illusion that she actually cares about progressive issues.

And, I think the idea about the "boom chicka wow wow" track is a winner.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

Adding a "boom chicka wow wow" track always helps.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 3 months ago

A few times.

Though unrelated to the State of the State Address, consider these words spoken by a Kansas Governor...

The President spoke truly when he boasted... 'We have built up new instruments of public power.' He spoke truly when he said these instruments could provide 'shackles for the liberties of the people . . . and . . . enslavement for the public.' These powers were granted with the understanding that they were only temporary. But after the powers had been obtained, and after the emergency was clearly over, we were told that another emergency would be created if the power was given up. In other words, the concentration of power in the hands of the President was not a question of temporary emergency. It was a question of permanent national policy.

Alf Landon - 1936

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 3 months ago

It seems odd they would schedule the state of the state address during a KU basketball game. I have a hunch I know what most people in the state were tuned into last night.

blue73harley 6 years, 3 months ago

No, but occasionally I have checked in to see what condition my condition was in.