Previous   Next

Do you think Kansas University can beat Virginia Tech to win the Orange Bowl?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 2, 2008

Browse the archives

“I believe so. I don’t think Virginia Tech’s offense is as explosive as ours. I’ve seen them play earlier this season, and they weren’t that impressive. I think we have a good chance to win.”

“Yeah, of course. They’ve had a really good season, and I think they’re going to finish strong.”

“I do. I think the odds are with them. They showed how they can really play in the second half of the Missouri game. It’s just a gut feeling, but I think we’re going to win.”

“Absolutely. I think our offense has a good shot at breaking down their defense. And if our defense steps up, I think we should be fine.”

Comments

jonas 6 years, 11 months ago

No, you can't have a pony.

Not yours.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 11 months ago

The Enron Pony Bowl hasn't been held the last few years. Gosh, I wonder why....

sgtwolverine 6 years, 11 months ago

I (and many, many others) thought there was no way Michigan would beat Florida; obviously, there were ways Michigan could beat Florida. So whether or not I think KU can beat VT, KU can beat VT.

hawklet21 6 years, 11 months ago

I'm sure they can... I just feel a strong emotional unity in VT that I don't know if we can match. Boo.

Tony Kisner 6 years, 11 months ago

"You play the game to win the game" - H Edwards.

Soapdish 6 years, 11 months ago

I think much like the whole season, it'll be a surprise. It's not that I don't have faith in my 'hawks, it's that I'm learning how to navigate this feeling of a winning team. It's very brand new and I'd love for them to keep surprising me and their critics.

S0uPnAzi 6 years, 11 months ago

I believe in our Hawks! They'll win, but we'll be proud of them either way. Either way, in my book, they are winners!!

Mylantahawk 6 years, 11 months ago

Absolutely, they can win, but they'll need to 1) avoid turnovers, 2) play great defense that adjusts to what VA-Tech throws at us, 3) have excellent special teams play that gets us good field position and keeps the VA-Tech team starting deep, and 4) Reesing gotta have his head in the game both halves (unlike the Mizzou game in the first half!)

christie 6 years, 11 months ago

Only if that IDIOT coach let's them play. The reason the LOST to Misery was the poor QB had to keep looking over to the sidelines to figure out what that over-weight chump wanted. The only time they scored was when that fat-slob coach was stuffing his mouth with cheetos and couldn't interrupt the play.

Hey COACH, STAY HOME and eat PIZZA and let them kids play. They don't NEED YOU to mess up their routine. GIVE IT A REST will ya.

riverdrifter 6 years, 11 months ago

christie,

Oh, wait, wait. Sorry. Nevermind. I made a New Year's resolution to not repond to pinheads on these deals. Ummph... Grrr.... EYAAAAH! AIIIEEE!

Idiot! What about the first 11 wins, moron?! Do you know ANYthing about this game?

Done fell off the resolution wagon on Jan. 2. Oh, well.

phoggyjay 6 years, 11 months ago

easy_does_it,

why don't you quote someone who actually wins football games...like our good friend mark

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!